X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and Howard is offensive...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uslatest/s...906843,00.html

Re: and Howard is offensive...

Has Nancy Pelosi DONE anything? She and Daschle come out every so often and sound very serious and flap their lips about something then disappear. What leadership!

Comment

I find it funny that thats all you can get from that article...
      Last edited by phyllis; 03-29-2004, 09:59 PM.

Comment

I think it was very low of GWB to be making light of the WMD search...there have been countless lives lost in this "search"...I don't care for his humor in that manner...pretty crude if you ask me... :icon8:

Comment

"Oh the humanity!"

Comment

Originally posted by phyllis
            I think it was very low of GWB to be making light of the WMD search...there have been countless lives lost in this "search"...I don't care for his humor in that manner...pretty crude if you ask me... :icon8:
            Eh, it was a joke. He was making fun of himself. Everyone needs to be able to do that.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

yeah... a joke that cost 591 american lives.. If ya can't laugh at someone else's loss, what can ya laff at?

:(

Comment

I bet it would have been hilarious if The Daily Show had done it making fun of Bush.

It's all about context. If he says it, you hate it. If someone says it to imply that Bush is a moron, you love it.

Comment

It IS about context. We went to war on his word that there were WMDs (and they knew where they were). Everyone knew otherwise, but he stood by it and sent people to die. Last I checked, John Stewart has been calling him on this since day #1, and not responsible for a single soldier's well being.

What's next? Ken Lay joking about ruining his employee's pensions? OJ joking about killing his ex wife?

The difference?
                  OTHER people can joke about it because it funny that they deny it. Everyone "knows" orenthal did it, yet he makes wild ass claims otherwise. Think the ex-enron employees would find it funny that Ken was making fun of their lost 401K's?

Comment

Hmm.

From what I've seen, EVERYONE thought SH had WMDs and no-one has really contested that. This matter of parsing words about if he had the capability to deliver them within 30 minutes or 2 years....I don't care, and I don't think Bush ever did either. I think the world is a much better place for SH being in jail. Some may not see it (and probably won't) but a lot of us do.

Are we all fools? Are we all liars beating the Bush drum? Is it at least possible that people who share my opinion here and support what Bush is doing are just as educated, informed, and honest as those who disagree with Bush?

So I get pretty sick of having his position decried as full of lies and hatemongering, seeing how he's stupid, etc. From my perspective, and with all respect, Bush's position is perfectly reasonable and correct. I am not a liar, I am not stupid, and I am educated and informed.

I also saw his jokes as both making fun of himself and making fun of the position that WMDs were the only justification for the war, which I agree is an absurd position. I see Iraq as a brilliant strategic move with heavy short-term costs and huge long-term gains. Think how much has changed there in a year or even 6 months.

Comment

Such is the trade-off with being a Republican. Sneeze and 50 democrats are there to critisize you not using a hanky. Meanwhile, a democrat gets BJs from interns and takes a dump on US foreign policy and it's "E for fraggin' effort."

Maybe I'd take the democrats a little more seriously if they didn't whine like ninies about every little thing. I can understand that it's a little early for Bush to be making jokes about this kinda thing, but the democrats are just grasping at any straws they can before the election.

Comment

I can't wait for the endless human interest stories about the Iraqi olympic team.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                          Hmm.

From what I've seen, EVERYONE thought SH had WMDs and no-one has really contested that. This matter of parsing words about if he had the capability to deliver them within 30 minutes or 2 years....
                          Actually, there were a whole lot of people who thought otherwise. I seem to recall a whole lot of opposition, part of that being the reason we ended up going this "alone" instead of with UN blessing. (in doing so, wasting a lot of goodwill that was bestowed on us after 9-11)

I don't care, and I don't think Bush ever did either. I think the world is a much better place for SH being in jail.
                          Better place, maybe. (definately for the iraqis) the best way to go about it? Hell no. Not caring? ?

Are we all fools? Are we all liars beating the Bush drum? Is it at least possible that people who share my opinion here and support what Bush is doing are just as educated, informed, and honest as those who disagree with Bush?
                          Never even alluded to that, and I never would. I can agree to disagree, but it works better when both sides come to the table with well-thought out arguments/positions/facts, and not petty name-calling. (not accusing you either)

From my perspective, and with all respect, Bush's position is perfectly reasonable and correct. I am not a liar, I am not stupid, and I am educated and informed.
                          I respect your opinion, I have no need to belittle anyone else's.

I also saw his jokes as both making fun of himself and making fun of the position that WMDs were the only justification for the war, which I agree is an absurd position. I see Iraq as a brilliant strategic move with heavy short-term costs and huge long-term gains. Think how much has changed there in a year or even 6 months.
                          Here's what I found as to what's changed over 6-12 months...

War Rationale: Version 10.0
                          Saddam Hussein poses an 'imminent threat' to the American people.

Version 1.0 - Saddam Hussein is an imminent threat
                          Version 1.01 - Saddam Hussein is a gathering threat
                          Version 1.02 - Saddam Hussein poses a real and dangerous threat
                          Version 1.1 - The smoking gun will be a mushroom cloud
                          Version 1.2 - We can't afford to wait
                          Version 1.3 - We never said imminent
                          Version 1.3.1 - OK, maybe we did say it once or twice
                          Version 1.4 - We should have been more precise

Saddam Hussein is ready to use weapons of mass destruction.

Version 2.1 - Saddam has weapons of mass destruction
                          Version 2.2 - Saddam has nuclear weapons
                          Version 2.3 - Saddam has biological agents he's never accounted for
                          Version 2.3.1 - The trailers are mobile labs for producing chemical weapons
                          Version 2.3.2 - Unmanned aircraft are ready to spread Saddam's biological weapons
                          Version 2.4 - Saddam's going to make more of all these weapons
                          Version 2.5 - We all know where the weapons are
                          Version 2.5.1 - Well, Saddam has used weapons of mass destruction
                          Version 2.5.2 - Iraq is a big country. We'll find the weapons eventually.
                          Version 2.5.3 - Saddam had weapons of mass destruction programs
                          Version 2.5.4 - Saddam had "weapons of mass destruction program-related activities"
                          Version 2.5.5 - David Kay? Who's David Kay?
                          Version 2.6 - It's not about misleading the American people—Saddam Hussein is gone and that's the most important thing

There's more in the link...

brilliant if he would have listened to his dad and not alientated the world in doing so. Brilliant if he would have finished afghanistan first....

peace bro.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                            From what I've seen, EVERYONE thought SH had WMDs and no-one has really contested that.
                            The UN didnt..

I think the world is a much better place for SH being in jail. Some may not see it (and probably won't) but a lot of us do.
                            I dont know, I think the world is pretty much the same with SH in jail.

Originally posted by The FeniX
                            Meanwhile, a democrat gets BJs from interns and takes a dump on US foreign policy and it's "E for fraggin' effort."
                            At least that blow job didnt get anybody killed...

Comment

No, the UN DID think he had WMDs. Read Hans Blix's own reports. Clinton thought he had them. Fmr. Sec. of Defense Cohen was on all the talk shows saying he had them. Gore thought he had them. And on and on and on.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X