Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gas --> visitor - is there a metaphysical link?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas --> visitor - is there a metaphysical link?

First off, sorry if you opened this thread expecting anything normal.

I've noticed an impressively strong link in my many years of experiments that I can't explain. This is observed not only by me, but by everyone I've spoken with on the subject. When gas is released in the confined environment of a cubicle or office, it has been observed that the arrival of a visitor to said space follows within a period of about 1 minute. The awkward social interaction which results is another whole topic of discussion. The question at hand is whether or not there is a link between the two events.

There is no obvious physical link which would draw a visitor to the location of a recent gas release. It is too soon for the warmth or scent to be detected by anyone but the source, so those are ruled out. It could be possible that the noise made by the release would draw in those within earshot, but those same people don't come to investigate creaking chairs, and often there is no noise that accompanies the event. This would therefore also have to be ruled out.

So the only possible link would have to be a metaphysical one. Perhaps the release of gas causes a change in the energy fields which can be detected by those who are sensitive to such things. It may be that people are drawn into the negative field location in order to restore equilibrium to the overall fields. Maybe there is a form of psychic detection, where the source of the release is emitting strong signals. Those signals may emit a message of "don't visit, please not now", but they are detected as "something is going on, go check it out".

Do you think there might be such a link?
    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Re: Gas --> visitor - is there a metaphysical link?

Really because I fart all the time in my cubicle and have never had someone walk in.

Comment

Perhaps you have identified some Jungian Zeitgeist effect at work. Especially eerie, since this just happened to me in the last 5 minutes and now I'm reading this.

Er, I mean, happened to a friend of mine.
      In game handle: Steel Scion
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BHack View Post
        Really because I fart all the time in my cubicle and have never had someone walk in.
        If people normally avoid you, it doesn't really count.

Comment

Originally posted by icky View Post
          If people normally avoid you, it doesn't really count.

Comment

Whatever it is, I bet it's the same phenomena that causes waitresses to walk up and ask you how your meal is RIGHT after you've stuffed your face and are unable to say anything but, "Mmmph" and smile and nod and perhaps give her a thumbs up.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Or you just start to load a BF2 map and someone says over TS "Is there an admin around?" :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X