Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOYCOTT Battlefield 2142...

At least for 30 days...

Ya, I know I'm dreaming, it ain't going to happen, our society is based on immediate needs/wants/gradifcations... But I'm going to vent here anyway, feel free to disagree, or counter my argument.

EA Games newest game "Battlefield 2142"
    http://battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/bf/
    Features a new, in game dynamic ad system. Sure I know it's been done before, SWAT4 did it with it's first patch instead of the original release, (those sneaky....B)...

Well now we know that it is in Battlefield 2142, and we have a chance to make a statement. If we all (or near close to all) would just refuse to buy Battlefield 2142 upon release, and for 30 days afterwards... that will send chills up and down the EA command. Then when they learn why no ones buying, they may just agree to remove it with the first patch, or at the bare minimum they and other companies will think twice before doing it to the next game.

Will this happen, no way...gaming ain't a brotherhood, a union, hell most if not all have never seen the others we game with... but if it could be pulled off, I think it would be a hugh statement to the multi-billion dollar industry. JMO.

SO, Boycott Battlefield 2142 for 30 days! Make a statement! or not.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: BOYCOTT Battlefield 2142...

I don't plan on buying BF2142 at all...

Quake Wars is where it's going to be!
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...vertising.html
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

Is it still called a boycott if I don't buy it because it isn't a good game?

And I don't really care if they have ads or product placements in the game as long as it's a good game.
        Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

It was only a matter of time :-/.
          Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
          Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
            I don't plan on buying BF2142 at all...
            Ditto.

Comment

Where's Wyzcrak to chastise you for the quadruple post. ;)

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Eventually, a fella just gives up.
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Wyz may have given up but Bommando is around here some place, if he isnt still upset with the F14 being taken out to pasture.
                  that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                  -Vulcan

Comment

I don't read every damn post or forum here, and ain't going to start now.
                    To much unnecessary post to filter through, and too little time. ;)

I'll just post as I see fit. Topic is in the title, you fellow members can decide to read it or not. ;)

and since this was an "opinion" I thought it best here in this forum... because it's really about my belief not necessarily the BF 2142 game. FYI.

(hope you guys understand, thou I am serious about this post and in game ads, It's posted in fun, because I know it ain't going to happen, was just to get people thinking.)
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I'm probably never going to buy 2142 either. Bleh.
                      "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                      He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                        I don't plan on buying BF2142 at all...!
                        I will be abstaining as well. BF2 doesn't even run on my system without a RAM upgrade...so 2142 sure won't run either.

I wouldn't go for it anyway. It's not the ads: I agree with Magnum, they suck, but they are coming wether we like them or not. The thing that gets me is the whole "ranking issue." EA/DICE can kiss my posterior.

Comment

As soon as I got a first look at BF2142, I decided I wasn't buying it. I haven't bought anything new from EA since vanilla BF2 arrived; partially because I don't care and partially because I'm tired of their crappy business model in regards to patches/releases.
                          [squadl]
                          "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Originally posted by Mateo View Post
                            I will be abstaining as well. BF2 doesn't even run on my system without a RAM upgrade...so 2142 sure won't run either.

I wouldn't go for it anyway. It's not the ads: I agree with Magnum, they suck, but they are coming wether we like them or not. The thing that gets me is the whole "ranking issue." EA/DICE can kiss my posterior.
                            I'm with ya!

I don't plan to buy the game at all... but I can't say it's because of the ads... :row__639:

Just to make it clear, I don't see why its necessary unless they plan on dropping the price of the game (to increase sales? heh..) or need additional revenue to hire staff for quality control (troubleshooting/patching). It's smart on their part; games being sold at full price and the additional ad revenue. I just don't like it if it doesn't do anything productive besides putting money in their already large pockets.

Would it effect my purchase plans? Depends... I seen SWAT4 and it's ads... and I gotta say, it was overkill. In GRAW, there are the odd billboard I notice with ads (haha... are they even real products? I've yet to notice..), that I don't mind at all. But when I'm looking ad an ad for some lame teen-thriller movie or tooth-rotting goodness every time I turn, I get a little agitated (Like a TV station that plays movies... but plays lots of ads in-between. No thanks!). If BF2142 did the overkill (10 ads in a small room... of 2-4 products)... it just turns me off. I could probably just ignore them, but I could also just save my money for something that won't bug me.

I'm probably just too picky... er... as for the boycott... I just don't plan on buying it for reasons stated above by Mateo
                            :row__588:
                            -

Comment

Originally posted by Mateo View Post

Thief!!! Thief!! Thief!

You stole my thoughts!

Not buying it.

I'll stick with BF2 until it fades away.

Granted, i am playing once a week, put PoE2 has got it going on.

I hope TG does not have anything to do with this game.
                              (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
                              (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
                              (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
                              Squad Leader pledge to their team:
                              Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement