Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Republican Congressman accused of pederasty

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/...resigns_o.html
    The most disturbing part is that he was chairman of the House Caucus on Missing and Exploited Children. How could you do that kind of work day in and day out and then think it's okay to solicit sex from 16 year old boys? There just seems to be such a disconnect there that I can't fathom.

Re: Republican Congressman accused of pederasty

I read some of these exchanges last night. I'm glad he's been ridden out of town on a rail. Good riddance.

Comment

Sixteen year olds aren't children... which means he's not accused of pederasty.
      A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

And this isn't just a Republican thing. It sickens me how much this happens just in general, regardless of political affiliation. There a sickos out there of all races, ethnicities, genders and even religious backgrounds. It just shows the sad state of morality in general.

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx View Post
          I disagree. Knowing now what I didn't know then, I could probably do *anything I wanted* to a 16 year old with little effort.

Dammit.

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx View Post
            Pederasty is attraction to adolescent boys, not children. So yes, he is accused of pederasty. Moreover, the fact that it was congressional pages that were subordinate to him increases the pederastic air, since it's usually based around mentor/student relationships.

Comment

I would tread lightly on that subject. The guy is shamed and has been run out of town. Probably unwise to get too self-righteous about people behaving inappropriately with pages, or interns.

Comment

So a pediatrician is someone who specializes in applying medicinal science to adolescents? Or to children?

Webster's definition for the Greek prefix "ped-"

Seriously though, I find it a bit hard to get on someone's case for something which isn't universally illegal. What he's accused of attempting to do is perfectly legal in some states and in most of the world, yes? Meh, whatever.
                A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

Comment

Pederasty, as idealized by the ancient Greeks, was a relationship and bond between an adolescent boy and an adult man outside of his immediate family. In a wider sense it refers to erotic love between adolescents and adult men. The word derives from the combination of pais (Greek for 'boy') with erastis (Greek for 'lover'; cf. eros). In those societies where pederasty is prevalent, it appears as one form of a widely practiced male bisexuality. ...

Search google for "define: pederast" or watch the big lebowski.

Comment

So then it's more of a taboo than a crime? All depends on the jurisdiction I suppose. The Webster's definition was a bit vague, but I thought ped- just meant child?

LOL, I think I've learned more than I really want to know about this subject.

Comment

Yeah suffice it to say that it's detrimental to one's political career.

Comment

Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo View Post
                          Yeah suffice it to say that it's detrimental to one's political career.
                          roger that

he is done for.
                          (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
                          (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
                          (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
                          Squad Leader pledge to their team:
                          Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Can't you see the lawsuit coming?

I have no problem with the notion that ANY politician who engages in inappropriate sexual behavior with a page or an intern should be run out of town, shamed, and forever associated with his dispicable acts.

Comment

I just read a funny comment on another site: Foley hits career-alt-delete

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X