Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's in a Hot Dog?

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/OA/pubs/focushotdog.htm

I'm thinking that I need to make sure to ONLY buy products labeled "Beef Franks".
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: What's in a Hot Dog?

Originally posted by Apophis

I'm thinking that I need to make sure to ONLY buy products labeled "Beef Franks".
    Dude you didn't have to tell me its better to NOT know whats in the weenies....

Q

"These are dangerious times we live in" NewsWrthy

Comment

Thank god the only time I eat them is when I'm drunk and standing outside a bar waiting for a cab...they usually make an appearance again when I get home...via toilet...Lol. :icon16:
      "On My Commad, Unleash Hell"
      "And Let Slip The Dogs Of War"

Comment

I think the 30% mechanically separated chicken is the nasty part. Especially after you read what that means.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

The Beef franks use all the leftover parts from the cow (just like pork franks use from the pig). Ever eat nuggets at McDonald's or Burger King? Same thing.

If it makes you feel any better, cereal has a high protein content due to the massed amount of bugs that get sucked into the proccesor during production. Same with any proccessed food.

I'd still rather eat a Beef frank rather than be a vegetarian. My species didn't claw it's way to the top of the food chain to eat lettuce and brussel sprouts every meal.

Comment

Got ya covered, baby! All I ever buy for us is beef franks. :)

Comment

Originally posted by RYN
              Thank god the only time I eat them is when I'm drunk and standing outside a bar waiting for a cab...they usually make an appearance again when I get home...via toilet...Lol. :icon16:
              ROFLAMO

|NWTD|Q

"These are dangerious times we live in" NewsWrthy

Comment

Do you guys get Donner kebabs over there? It is mandetory to eat one after a night out in GB, but during the day if you see that meet rotating around in the shop window you can almost see the rats' tails poking out.
                Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Mmmmmmmmmmm kebabs !

Incidently I think the same as Mute

Comment

Originally posted by Wintermute
                    Do you guys get Donner kebabs over there? It is mandetory to eat one after a night out in GB, but during the day if you see that meet rotating around in the shop window you can almost see the rats' tails poking out.

my kebish is owned by a mate so he is ok...

and yep guys thats right hotdogs can be made from anythin cut from the bone..... interesting conversation with apo and big b firemarshal..... lets just say after i found this out in 2003 august... i have not touched one... a shame because they are tasty... but as Ryn would put it, eating cow vagina and ass and nose is as wrong as 2 boys kissing.

but useful info on the franks i am buying those from now on.... because ill just stick em in a bun and pass em off as a hotdog.... mustard ketchup and onions who is going to know the difference....

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Who cares, you eat it, it tastes nice :icon12: . If you have moral issues then all power to you. If not, chow down, it tastes great.....

Gotta love the taste of kebab the morning after though

Comment

Originally posted by Benny_
                        Who cares, you eat it, it tastes nice :icon12: . If you have moral issues then all power to you. If not, chow down, it tastes great.....

YES BENNY YOU CAN DO THIS IF YOU WANT BUT THE TASTE IS ALSO ARTIFICIAL. BECUASE IT ACTUALLY TASTES CRAPPY.

so deseption in more ways than one is cool... erm no

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I agree. Yesterday I had tacos made of beef head, tongue and intestines. It was delicious and even though I got my partner to eat one and enjoy it before she knew what it was made of, after I told her that she was eating tripas, she wouldn't eat any more.

I don't know why people are so squeamish about eating other parts of animals. If it tastes good, then what's the problem?
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
                            YES BENNY YOU CAN DO THIS IF YOU WANT BUT THE TASTE IS ALSO ARTIFICIAL. BECUASE IT ACTUALLY TASTES CRAPPY.

so deseption in more ways than one is cool... erm no
                            Fair enough fella, but you need to apply that train of though to all aspects of life....I'm going to painfully drag this to the art conversations (which I agree with you on I think!)
                            Dressing up a blank sheet of paper with some paint makes it attractive to the eye.
                            Sticking some flavour in my food makes it taste better..cool.

Otherwise don't eat crisps, chocolate, in fact any food that has artificial flavour.

I like the taste, I know whats in it, I'm easy. But I have no issue if other people don't. Hey, we killed it, who are we to be selective about which bits we eat? What a waste.....

Please take this in the tone it's meant...

Comment

Fair enough fella, but you need to apply that train of though to all aspects of life....I'm going to painfully drag this to the art conversations (which I agree with you on I think!)
                              Dressing up a blank sheet of paper with some paint makes it attractive to the eye.
                              Sticking some flavour in my food makes it taste better..cool.

Otherwise don't eat crisps, chocolate, in fact any food that has artificial flavour.

I like the taste, I know whats in it, I'm easy. But I have no issue if other people don't. Hey, we killed it, who are we to be selective about which bits we eat? What a waste.....

Please take this in the tone it's meant...

well benny you can eat what you want to, and i eat crisps chocolate etc etc.. but i also know whats in them, and it is not gross.

and actually i will turn what you said on its head, i am the top of the food chain, i kill it ill eat which bits i find appealing and i dont find a cows vagina at all apetising. so i am not eating it. regardless of how it tastes.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X