Enough is ENOUGH!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enough is ENOUGH!

:icon_mad: Enough :icon_mad: ....time to wipe that place clean, pave it...and turn it into a friggin parking lot !!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/...ain/index.html

Originally posted by CNN
    Suspected insurgents killed four American civilian contractors in a grenade attack Wednesday in central Iraq.

Cheering residents in Fallujah pulled charred bodies from burning vehicles and hung them from a Euphrates River bridge.

Crowds gathered around the vehicles and dragged at least one of the bodies through the streets, witnesses said.

Residents pulled another body from one of the cars and beat it with sticks.

Elsewhere in the Fallujah region, five American soldiers died in a roadside bombing near Habbaniya, the U.S. military said.

Bold lettering in quote is mine....

Re: Enough is ENOUGH!

One well placed nuke will pave all that sand in just a second or two.

No one even has to go over there to do it.
    Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
    Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

I read this a while back and it changed my perspective on events in Iraq and elsewhere.

Operations In A Low Intensity Conflict

Comment

you don't expect us to read that right? i read the CNN article, but that other link looks long as hell. "If I wanted to read I'd go get a book on tape." anyways, that Iraq sh!t is sick. i don't care how much you hate a country, you don't mod innocent and defenseless civilians then shoot thier dead bodies. and you think our country is desensitized to violence, these people are actually going out and killing people then cheering and beating the dead bodies. thats f**ked up. i don't know if bombing the crap outta them will help, but sometimes i feel like its needed, too.

Comment

I don't expect you to read it, no.

Comment

thanks for the link, I think I actually WILL read it when I have the time. That stuff is interesting.

It's sad that people in this world are so weak minded and evil that they do things like that. They truly do not deserve one shread of kindness.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
              I read this a while back and it changed my perspective on events in Iraq and elsewhere.

Operations In A Low Intensity Conflict
              Changed your perspective how ?...To what ?

Is this kind of behaviour expected in that type of combat zone ?...if so...maybe we need to rewrite some of that stuff....

It's no wonder sometimes you hear about some soldiers taking a person out and beating the everliving crap out of them.... It'd be hard not to... that's my feeling now, and I'm not even over there directly involved...

Comment

Primitive thinking is so ingrained in the people from that area that it will literally take generations for it to change, if ever. These people are not going to become civilized in just a couple of years after decades and perhaps centuries of living like savages.

In my opinion, there is almost no hope for that region. Just limit their technology, keep them fighting amongst themselves, and keep them out of out of our country. 200 years from now they will still be the same way, riding camels, living in caves, and blaming the rest of the world for the way they are. In the case of Iraq, we have given them a chance, by removing the worst dictator they can have, and they are still the same way. Afghanistan is similar.

No hope I say.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by phyllis
                  Changed your perspective how ?...To what ?

Is this kind of behaviour expected in that type of combat zone ?...if so...maybe we need to rewrite some of that stuff....

It's no wonder sometimes you hear about some soldiers taking a person out and beating the everliving crap out of them.... It'd be hard not to... that's my feeling now, and I'm not even over there directly involved...
                  I have more of a sense of having read the little jerks' playbook I guess. These actions, while horrible, have been predicted and discussed by military planners. It fits. It's a tactic. We know what to do about it, and will go about the business of shutting these people down.

Comment

And yes, I'm afraid this kind of behavior is expected in that type of combat zone.

Comment

The sad part is not so much that these 4 people died and their bodies desecrated. I'm a heartless bastard in many ways. What pisses me off are the reactions that you all have shown here. You're letting them win. You know damn well that we're not going to bomb them. The only significant reaction that we would take because of this is to pull out of there. That would be exactly what they want.

The majority of Iraq is back to normal. The majority of Iraq is immensely glad that Saddam is gone, and although they may not enjoy seeing a foreign army patrolling their streets (who would?), they understand the necessity and are thankful for it. The majority of Iraq appreciates what we've done.

You let these small groups of extremists affect your military and political policies and we will lose.

So will the people of Iraq.
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

What pisses me off are the reactions that you all have shown here. You're letting them win.
                        Tru dat!

But there are worthwhile alternatives beside pulling out.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                          The sad part is not so much that these 4 people died and their bodies desecrated. I'm a heartless bastard in many ways. What pisses me off are the reactions that you all have shown here. You're letting them win. You know damn well that we're not going to bomb them. The only significant reaction that we would take because of this is to pull out of there. That would be exactly what they want.

The majority of Iraq is back to normal. The majority of Iraq is immensely glad that Saddam is gone, and although they may not enjoy seeing a foreign army patrolling their streets (who would?), they understand the necessity and are thankful for it. The majority of Iraq appreciates what we've done.

You let these small groups of extremists affect your military and political policies and we will lose.

So will the people of Iraq.

agreed.

although it is a burden that our countrymen did not ask to carry and given the choice i would not trade one Brit for 2000 iraqis...

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                            The only significant reaction that we would take because of this is to pull out of there. That would be exactly what they want.
                            Pulling out is exactly what I wouldn't do, I'd have made sure that within 24 hours of that incident, that town would have been level, smoldering rubble.

Comment

Originally posted by phyllis
                              Pulling out is exactly what I wouldn't do, I'd have made sure that within 24 hours of that incident, that town would have been level, smoldering rubble.

well phyllis you are full of contradictions then. lets take an objective look at this shall we. we remove sadam from power, why?

because he is an evil tyrrant who kills thousands of people a year, ok good reason...

now one extremeist group makes a coup on your soldiers lives and gets one... in the next five minutes you have killed 10 times the amount sadam has in 2 years.

who is the evil there.

i am oposed to pulling out, and i think cingular was also opposed to pulling out i may be wrong... but what i would say is there is other options than to make a desert carpark.

and if you do agree with leveling the place you kind of demeane the point of why we went to war, to remove evil not hieghten it to apocolyptic measures for the iraqis.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X