Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Warming Causes Lighter than Normal Hurricane Season

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...src=rss&rpc=22

Lighter than average hurricane season disappoints meterologists, but GE pushes to cut emisions with their new invention...

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/53554

Lucky Shot

Re: Global Warming Causes Lighter than Normal Hurricane Season

I think Global Warming made the stock market hit a new record close too.

We should have listened!

Comment

Global warming gave me the flu last August. Flatted the rear tire on my dirt bike too! >:[
      A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

I heard Global Warming say your momma is fat.

Comment

Global warning is responsible for the fact that it takes 3 days for gas to drop a penny, but only took one night to jump ten cents.
          [squadl]
          "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan View Post
            Global warning is responsible for the fact that it takes 3 days for gas to drop a penny, but only took one night to jump ten cents.
            No that's Dick Cheney. Golbal Warming did make Mark Foley type with one hand, though.

Comment

can i blaim it on my transmission going bad and my engine seizing up? damn global warming
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

I don't get it. If a lighter than average hurricane season is proof that global warming is not really happening, than you cannot say that a heavier than average hurrican season is unrelated to global warming. There's no room for a double standard here. If next year is a heavy season (as the last several were), are all of you willing to admit that this year was a fluke?

I'm sure you are all familiar (tired) with my point of view by now, but my point of view is pretty simple. The Earth's systems are all tied together in a complicated web of dependencies. The Earth can survive without humans - but humans cannot survive (yet) without the Earth. Take care of the Earth. Don't try and see how far you can push it - or what you can get away with. There is enough evidence to show that certain emissions (by-products) of human industrializiation (CO2, greenhouse gasses, mercury emissions) do significant harm to the Earth and the human race. My point is - it shouldn't take proof of global warming to bring about change in our approach to environmental problems. We have proof enough.

We have a big problem when our EPA continues to weigh in on the side of industry, and chooses not to do all it can to protect human lives. http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...1_%5BFeed%5D-6

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
                  I don't get it. If a lighter than average hurricane season is proof that global warming is not really happening, than you cannot say that a heavier than average hurrican season is unrelated to global warming.
                  No what we're saying is that a heavier than average hurricane season is unrelated to Global Warming. The evidence of this is that the very next year Global Warming took a vacation and forgot to get a sub to fill in all the hurricanes he was supposed to cause.

You can stick up for Global Warming, but we're saying he's a slack bastard and can't be trusted to deliver what he promises. He also has a habit of taking credit for stuff he didn't do.

The guy is a natural salesman though.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo View Post
                    You can stick up for Global Warming, but we're saying he's a slack bastard and can't be trusted to deliver what he promises. He also has a habit of taking credit for stuff he didn't do.
                    OK, I get it. And while I appreciate the quality of the sarcasm, I'm not really laughing on this one.

Comment

I don't know Mosley, I'd have to side with everyone else on this thread. I mean really, can we really trust all those scientists with all their research, facts, graphs and peer reviewed research? Alarmists!

And by the way, how can we really trust Reuters reporting? Aren't they that pro-Hezbollah newspaper organization that was clearly anti-Israel?
                      |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                      "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                      - Check me out on The Onion
                      - I'm on the local news!

Comment

All of these presentations are interesting. I suggest you begin with "Fear, Complexity, Environmental Management in the 21st Century" and work around from there.
                        A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx View Post
                          All of these presentations are interesting. I suggest you begin with "Fear, Complexity, Environmental Management in the 21st Century" and work around from there.
                          I'm a fan of Crichton's books (and film adaptations - The Andromeda Strain was great Jurassic Park, etc) and I enjoy how he combines science with fiction. However, State of Fear seemed to me more about fiction masquerading as science. It tells me alot when President Bush invited him to the White House to discuss the book and they "talked for an hour and were in near-total agreement." Sounds as if Crichton has become the President's defacto science adviser. Reads like a bad novel.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/19/na...erland&emc=rss
                          |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                          - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Ad hominem and guilt by association. Is that supposed to sway our opinions regarding climate change?

Just read the presentation. I doubt it'll change your mind, but it will at least give you an idea of where we're coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx View Post
                              Ad hominem and guilt by association. Nice.

Just read the presentation. I doubt it'll change your mind, but it will at least give you an idea of where we're coming from.
                              No, not Ad hominem or guilt by association. If an author denies (or is skpectical, to be generous) the effects of Global Warming and meets with the President of a country who shares his belief, that's not what anyone would consider Ad hominem or guilt by association.

Furthermore, to quote the article -

"Mr. Crichton, whose views in "State of Fear" helped him win the American Association of Petroleum Geologists' annual journalism award this month, has been a leading doubter of global warming and last September appeared before a Senate committee to argue that the supporting science was mixed, at best."

Would this be a case of Ad hominem?
                              |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                              - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse