Amish girls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amish girls

My heart is breaking for those poor girls and their families, and the three children who now get to live with what their father has done.

RIP little girls. May faith, families, and friends sustain their parents.

Re: Amish girls

Rip
    |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
    [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

I was quite disheartened when I saw that story. How far some can slip into evil scares me. Seemingly random victims chosen by the dark hand of fate. Its a mystery to me what kind of satisfaction can come from any act knowing you are to do yourself in. Sexual assault and torture of such tender human beings. It's horrifying what he was likely to do. As a rational human being I find there is no way to comprehend those questions. Its scary like Columbine was scary.

Reactions by the Amish community have me thiking quite a bit about the sincerity in their faith-in a positive light. From the Amish point of view God has laid his uncontestable plan for those poor girls their families and the community. Yet the community turns the other cheek and calls for the grace of god to overcome, willing life to go on. One of the elders even said that the deceased girls are better off where they are now for they have reached the promised land.

Powerful faith has its rewards however intangible they may appear to be. Sometimes I envy that. Even though I don't share the depth or nature of their faith I recognize it as a single light somehow shining through this dark tragedy. That is worth some appreciation I feel. I guess it comes down to a matter of faith in your religion to deliver the promised land when the time comes. These people have the faith for sure.

Rest in Peace Young Ladies- You did not deserve to die.
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Something i vaguely heard about was that some weird baptist extremist group is gonna be protesting at their funerals. I hope i heard that wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa View Post
          Something i vaguely heard about was that some weird baptist extremist group is gonna be protesting at their funerals. I hope i heard that wrong.

Im going to guess its the same group that protests at fallen soldiers funerals. So sad
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

It is. Mike Gallagher, a conservative radio guy, has given them an hour of his nationally syndicated show in exchange for their staying away from these funerals.

Comment

What do these people have to protest? Its the AMISH! I wonder if the those bikers that follow these "baptishs" around will be there like they do at the soldier funerals.

You would think something like funerals for some little innocent girls would be off limits atleast, if not for respect but for moral reasons. Its those kind of protesting "christians" that give the rest of us religious mongers a bad name
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR] View Post
                What do these people have to protest? Its the AMISH! I wonder if the those bikers that follow these "baptishs" around will be there like they do at the soldier funerals.

You would think something like funerals for some little innocent girls would be off limits atleast, if not for respect but for moral reasons. Its those kind of protesting "christians" that give the rest of us religious mongers a bad name
                They believe that God is punishing the governor of PA and the USA for allowing gays in the military. I wish they would go away.

Comment

There have been several funds set up to help the Amish community with their medical bills associated with this tragedy. This article contains information about a number of ways to help.

There is also information about a Roberts Family Fund to benefit the gunman's wife and three children, who did nothing wrong and who are suffering too.

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                    How far some can slip into evil scares me.
                    Or just outright craziness.

Sad to hear about this stuff. It's really been a bad few weeks for schools in general.
                    [squadl]
                    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Originally posted by leejo View Post
                      the gunman's wife and three children, who did nothing wrong and who are suffering too.
                      I heard that the wife said that the man that was in that schoolhouse was not the man that she married, not the man that never refused to change a diaper, not the man that she held and kissed...

Can you imagine that? Can you imagine one of your loved ones snapping like that? Someone that you would never expect to do something like that?

Horrible... I don't understand it, but I know that it's horrible...
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...100402055.html

That's a good article. It's amazing how sheltered the Amish are from the rest of the "English."

The outside world could still effectively be shut out. "We don't read newspapers or have televisions," the farmer explains. "I understand there are video games where you actually shoot people," he says tentatively. "Is that true? If such things do exist, then I fear we're going to see a lot more of this."
                        Battlefield Admin() ()
                        [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                        [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                        | for | |

Comment

I've always felt a strong affection for the Amish, in the same way that I felt a strong affection for Hunter S. Thompson and his wild lifestyle: it's not my thing but I'm glad they're out there keeping it real.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa View Post
                            They won't be allowed. ALL outsiders were kept far away from the funerals today and yesterday. That, and while protesting at soldier's funerals is already very distasteful, protesting the Amish funeral of those 5 little girls is just wrong and disgusting. Futhermore, these so-called protestors are doing this to their fellow CHRISTIANS! Religious mongers NOTHING. These protestors are simply harboring the same kind of evil hatred that these gunmen have....they simply show it in a different manor....and yes I'm dead serious when I say this.

While I disagree with the Amish when they teach their children that this man who did this to them wasn't evil (his actions clearly show he was evil, IMO), I laud and applaud their almost immediate forgiveness of this man and their extending their grief and mourning to his family. THAT is Christian love being lived out for you right there. They accept God as being God, recognize His sovereignty and let Him be the judge and do what they're commanded to do, which is to forgive. This man, Roberts (iirc?), was indeed evil....very evil, so that shouldn't be discounted, but the Amish have it dead on CORRECT in how they are dealing with this: with graciousness, forgiveness, mercy, and love.

Contrast that with this wierd 'baptist' group and I can tell you which is behaving as a true Christian community and which one (by their actions) blasphemes Christ. That should tell you which one gives the truest representation of what we Christians claim to be truth.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                              I heard that the wife said that the man that was in that schoolhouse was not the man that she married, not the man that never refused to change a diaper, not the man that she held and kissed...

Can you imagine that? Can you imagine one of your loved ones snapping like that? Someone that you would never expect to do something like that?

Horrible... I don't understand it, but I know that it's horrible...
                              Whe I was in high school I had a small group of friends that I hung out with. One guy and I did everything together and I would saythat he was my best frined in school. I don't know how many hours I spent with his family. When I had to go to summer school his mother drove me.

His sister got married after school and divorced a couple of years ago. She ended up in jail for money laundering and there was a nast court battle for her son. My friends parents (the childs grandparents) wanted to have visitation rights and the other grandparents didn't want them to have anything to do with the child. These are two of the nicest people you would ever meet. A couple of weeks ago my friends father shot and killed the other grandparents. He was killed in the struggle for the gun. You never know about some people. His wife says the exact same thing that I quoted from Cing's post. I feel very bad for her.

This is the news story about the shooting: http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story...8&provider=rss
                              Retired 6th DB

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X