Marijuana may help stave off Alzheimer’s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marijuana may help stave off Alzheimer’s

Funyon sales near old folks' homes go through the roof.

Re: Marijuana may help stave off Alzheimer’s

Score!

I mean...drugs are bad. Very bad. Dont do them, kids.

Comment

mmmkay

Comment

funny....being high you can never remember where your keys are...but in the long run you are saving your mind and remembery system, talk about delayed benefits
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

I think the best approach may be to stay focused and work hard until you retire, then bake away.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo View Post
            I think the best approach may be to stay focused and work hard until you retire, then bake away.
            Hahaha, ya.
            Oyee

Comment

Just curious, where do folks stand on medical marijuana? I personally think that if chemicals in marijuana (THC or otherwise) prove beneficial, they ought to be extracted and used.

I think this alzheimer's study is particularly interesting, because it so blatantly contradicts the commonly held misconception that marijuana 'kills brain cells.' There have been a lot of studies disproving this, yet it continues to circulate.

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
                Just curious, where do folks stand on medical marijuana? I personally think that if chemicals in marijuana (THC or otherwise) prove beneficial, they ought to be extracted and used.
                We already have a variety of technologies for efficiently extracting those chemicals.
                Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I think that a lot of the evidence of marijuana's beneficial properties is part wishful thinking, part science. But if good science demonstrates that pot helps people suffering from a medical problem, then I'm all for its use to treat that problem.

I'm also for legalizing its sale to adults. I cannot understand why it is anyone's business if my lady and I throw on some barry white and toke up on a saturday night. I have known potheads who did very little, but never potheads who were particularly uh...you know...damn what was I talking about? Anyway, you know what I'm saying.

Having said that, I think of pot as desert, or as a reward for a job well done. The problem is that many who use it treat it like the main course, and squander their lives, which is very sad. Exactly like alcohol, IMO.

Comment

I'm also for legalizing its sale to adults.

Could you imagine how much money would not be waisted by the DEA if it was. sorry back to the topic
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

I think of pot as desert, or as a reward for a job well done. The problem is that many who use it treat it like the main course, and squander their lives, which is very sad. Exactly like alcohol, IMO.
                      I totally agree, this difference in philosophy (reward/treat vs. compulsion) is a deciding factor in determining whether or not an individual can be considered 'responsible.'

I also believe (through observations) that an alcoholic is far worse off (in terms of destroying other people's lives in addition to their own) than a pothead, who has trouble doing anything at all and therefore poses little risk to those around them (except stealing their food).

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR] View Post
                        Could you imagine how much money would not be waisted by the DEA if it was. sorry back to the topic
                        I think the laws are already enforced about as effectively as our immigration laws. There's an unspoken line that you either get, and fly under the radar, or cross, and get in trouble.

I was on my college's judicial board, and the only kids who ever got busted for pot were freshmen. Upperclassmen knew how to play the game.

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
                          I totally agree, this difference in philosophy (reward/treat vs. compulsion) is a deciding factor in determining whether or not an individual can be considered 'responsible.'

I also believe (through observations) that an alcoholic is far worse off (in terms of destroying other people's lives in addition to their own) than a pothead, who has trouble doing anything at all and therefore poses little risk to those around them (except stealing their food).
                          Careful. We're going to start harshing on several people's buzz if we start agreeing on things.

Comment

I never inhaled.
                            sigpic
                            |TG-1st|Grunt
                            ARMA Admin (retired)
                            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I can't believe people are honestly considering legalizing Marijuana. Sure, evidence shows that it kills considerably less people than alcohol related accidents, and that it isn't actually a gateway drug: but IT SUPPORTS TERRORISM!

Do I support the legalization of pot for medical use? Yes.
                              Do I support the legalization of pot for general use? Yes.
                              Do I think the DEA is a laughable waste of resources and manpower? Yes.
                              Would I smoke pot if it was legal? No, I had enough of that stuff in High School.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X