David Zucker campaign ad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Zucker campaign ad

Not so nice to democrats. Funny moments though. Kim Jong Il and Prince should play sometime.

The real question is, do you like movies about gladiators? This man is personally responsible for a large chunk of my favorite movies. Forget art, gimme Naked Gun any day. :)

Re: David Zucker campaign ad

well you-know-who has complained about the video and made it slightly more difficult to view. Here's a link to it that's still up: http://www.drudgereport.com/flashma.htm

Comment

The movies about gladiators line is one of my favorites of all time. Airplane! is the saving grace of mankind. It's a shame that Zucker simultaneously became unfunny (hasn't made anything good since Naked Gun) and politically ignorant, but I'll still hold Airplane! near and dear to my heart.

Comment

Politically ignorant? That's precious!

and wrong. BASEketball rocks.

Comment

I don't smoke enough weed to find that movie funny.

edit: Oh, and the original Police Squad TV series is brilliant. The opening credits make me laugh every time.

Comment

The central premise of the ad - that Democrats want to make nice with terrorists in the hopes that they'll stop hating us - is a lie. It's about as rhetorically fallow as "why do you hate America?" So Zucker isn't ignorant, he's just an ass.

I also find it funny that the ad chastises Dems for treating security like a game, when the ad itself treats it like a comedy.

As for Zucker himself, well... he's making Scary Movie sequels now. 'Nuff said.
            In game handle: Steel Scion
            sigpic

Comment

Other than the $176,401,620 worldwide, it's sad, isn't it?

Scary Movie and the sequels are all fine with me. They come on the free channels all the time and are usually pretty fun.

I think Barbara Streisand recently admonished a fan to...uh...lighten up and learn to take a joke. If you can't enjoy KJI dunking without getting your panties in a wad, I just don't know what to say.

Comment

Come off it leejo, you LIKE it when your foes get their panties in a wad. That's why you posted the link. Now you get to talk about my panties. You sly devil you.
                sigpic

Comment

No, I like KJI dunking. And I like making fun of Madeline Albright. And I like David Zucker's stuff.

I don't particularly enjoy it when people get anything wadded and I don't think of anyone here as my foe. I do have a few people in my ignore list, but that's just to help keep my blood pressure under control.

Comment

Along these lines of humor in politics: 'Bush' and 'Blair' special relationship revealed

"George, do you know your hand is on my knee?"

"No, but if you play it I'm sure I'll soon pick it up."

Comment

I'm glad someone noticed YouTube's bs restriction on the zucker ad: http://worldnetdaily.com/news/articl...TICLE_ID=52405

Comment

Well, now that you mention Youtube... http://youtube.com/watch?v=mXVgkhFV1jY

Comment

The only way this is funny is if you view it as a parody of the atrocious propagandizing being done by the injured right wing of this country - and if you know Zucker, that's exactly what he's doing. Republicans are easily fooled into believing parody (which senator thought the 'Corbert Report' was for real?) This is a comic strip version of Bush's state of the union speech, in which he declared the now infamous "Axis of Evil," claiming that from that day forward, U.S. foreign policy could now be categorized in two flavors: with us or against us. Sticking with this kind of simplistic idiocy will only succeed in getting more people killed (which certain members in our government view as progress as long as it's more of them dying than us).

Some situations call for diplomacy. Others call for military. Some require both, others should be ignored. Every situation, however, requires intelligence, and that is something America is sorely lacking in at almost every level. History will undoubtedly prove this correct.

Comment

Are you sure this is a parody, Mosely? I really can't tell. It seems a little too sincere and specific. There's no political credit tag at the end. Is this from a larger film or something and we're just seeing it out of context?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
                              The only way this is funny is if you view it as a parody of the atrocious propagandizing being done by the injured right wing of this country - and if you know Zucker, that's exactly what he's doing. Republicans are easily fooled into believing parody (which senator thought the 'Corbert Report' was for real?) This is a comic strip version of Bush's state of the union speech, in which he declared the now infamous "Axis of Evil," claiming that from that day forward, U.S. foreign policy could now be categorized in two flavors: with us or against us. Sticking with this kind of simplistic idiocy will only succeed in getting more people killed (which certain members in our government view as progress as long as it's more of them dying than us).

Some situations call for diplomacy. Others call for military. Some require both, others should be ignored. Every situation, however, requires intelligence, and that is something America is sorely lacking in at almost every level. History will undoubtedly prove this correct.
                              Here! Here!
                              |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                              "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                              - Check me out on The Onion
                              - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse