Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian Troops Battle 10 Foot Tall Marijuana Forests !?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Troops Battle 10 Foot Tall Marijuana Forests !?!

Catching up on CNN tonight I came across the story of Canadian troops battling it out in forests of 10 foot high marijuana trees in Afghanistan. This war's saw grass perhaps? I found it a bit intriguing and mildly amusing. (easy for me to say in the comfort of home) I wonder if these marijuana forests occur naturally or might they planted by the Taliban as a source of income or??? Were they for or against Poppy cultivation while in power...can anyone fill us in on that. Hmmmm....Wanted to fling it out there at TG and catch the reaction.

Link: http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americ...eut/index.html
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Re: Canadian Troops Battle 10 Foot Tall Marijuana Forests !?!

Just setup woodstock 2006 in afghanistan and problem solved.

Comment

"It's time for all of us to focus our energy and get this hippie jam into full swing."

Comment

Source of income for the Taliban.. plain and simple. Also a tough spot for the 'war on drug' Westerners, because dismantling their drug trade would literally rip a giant hole in their economy.

Comment

See, Afghanistan relies on marijuana and opium as it's national export, and has for a long, long time. It has nothing to do with the Taliban, that's just westerners blaming what they see as bad on the enemy, which is understandable, but misplaced. The fact is that the Afghans depend on it, and it is their crop like corn is to the midwest.

What a crazy place to fight, though. I couldn't even tell you what a marijuana tree looks like.
          War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, who has no chance at being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. -- John Stuart Mill--

"O xein angellein lakedaimoniois hoti tede keimetha tois keinon rhemasi peithomenoi"- Monument, Thermopylae

Comment

"A couple of brown plants on the edges of some of those [forests] did catch on fire. But a section of soldiers that was downwind from that had some ill effects and decided that was probably not the right course of action," Hiller said dryly.
            lol, I can just imagine that was awful for them :row__593:.
            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
              lol, I can just imagine that was awful for them :row__593:.
              Hahaha, ya.

Drug's are bad, mmkay? Just say no.
              Oyee

Comment

I thought this was going to be a story about British Columbia. :D
                Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

From my admittedly limited knowledge of marijuana growing, isn't 10 feet a little big for optimum quality/sales?

I really think we should help them grow opium products there. There is a huge market in the US and around the world for legal opiates like painkillers, and they are becoming way to expensive, as most of the efficient ways to make them are severely limited. This would provide Afghanistan with a terrific source of income ("Big Pharma") and provide our medical markets with a product that is expensive due to short supply. It would be a great way to remove a source of supply for the enemy, too.
                  ---
                  Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

Originally posted by Switchcraft View Post
                    From my admittedly limited knowledge of marijuana growing, isn't 10 feet a little big for optimum quality/sales?
                    No, but it's at about the limit!
                    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

What did they think would happen when they tried to burn the marijuana? It would just go up in smoke and not affect them? If the forest did start to burn, they would be in much more trouble ;).

Comment

I believe the Taliban had prohibited the culivation of poppy and that that particular agricultural industry exploded when we knocked the Taliban out of power.

I do not think that the Taliban is directly funded from the mfg/sale of opium.
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X