Air America to file for Bankruptcy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air America to file for Bankruptcy

Well I can't say that I am surprised and definitely not disappointed. Randi Rhodes finally got what she deserves which is hopefully the pulling of the plug to that type of radio.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15249280/
    sigpic

Re: Air America to file for Bankruptcy

I think "that type" of radio on either side of the partisan divide is irresponsible, and my thought is that people should have a bit more of a social conscience than to buy what they hear on partisan talk radio.
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
      I think "that type" of radio on either side of the partisan divide is irresponsible, and my thought is that people should have a bit more of a social conscience than to buy what they hear on partisan talk radio.

I can't argue with you Evo to be honest with you. I was more referencing Randi Rhodes. If there was ever a time to say I "hate" someone it is that witch. THAT woman said some of the worst things I had ever heard in my life to be perfectly honest. I honestly hope she becomes unemployed and doesn't find another job on the airwaves.

When it comes to any kind of partisan radio/TV you need to take it with a grain of salt because there's always half truths if your even that lucky
      sigpic

Comment

I'm an NPR guy, so I naturally despise that stuff. :)

Comment

I'm an NPR guy, so I naturally despise that stuff. :)
          ROFLMAO!!!!
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

NPR is partisan?
            Beatnik

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik View Post
              NPR is partisan?
              Probably not intentionally, but NPR is so liberal that I, a libertarian, can't stand to listen to it... If we were to try to put the whole radio station into a political party, it would definitely be Green.
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                Probably not intentionally, but NPR is so liberal that I, a libertarian, can't stand to listen to it... If we were to try to put the whole radio station into a political party, it would definitely be Green.
                Wait a second. What evidence do you have to support the claim that NPR is "liberal"? Can you site a study?

I'll cite my evidence to the contrary:

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=2971

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1180
                |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                - Check me out on The Onion
                - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Let's not forget this gem of a study...

http://www.polisci.ucla.edu/faculty/...dia.Bias.8.htm

As a constant NPR listener I don't see the Green Party connection. Or any party's connection for that matter. It's certainly in a separate universe from Air America, which might as well be Limbaugh or Savage.
                  Beatnik

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik View Post
                    Let's not forget this gem of a study...

http://www.polisci.ucla.edu/faculty/...dia.Bias.8.htm

As a constant NPR listener I don't see the Green Party connection. Or any party's connection for that matter. It's certainly in a separate universe from Air America, which might as well be Limbaugh or Savage.
                    I like this one, which seems to use a much more professional methodology than Fatkid's source. (It claimed NPR was conservative because they had the President of the United States as a guest! For crying out loud!)

Notice that this study calls NPR "moderately left", but much more centrist than hard-left news organizations such as CBS and the New York Times. :)

Comment

I don't think NPR is partisan. I wouldn't work for them if I did.

BTW, didn't mean to touch off the whole is-NPR-liberal debate. :) I feel challenged by what I hear on NPR everyday, whereas liberal/conservative talk radio just panders to people who already buy into that garbage. Political and social issues are not black and white, as they are portrayed by the soap box screamers.

Comment

I don't think NPR is partisan. I wouldn't work for them if I did.

BTW, didn't mean to touch off the whole is-NPR-liberal debate. :) I feel challenged by what I hear on NPR everyday, whereas liberal/conservative talk radio just panders to people who already buy into that garbage. Political and social issues are not black and white, as they are portrayed by the soap box screamers.
                        Perhaps partisan is the wrong word. Liberal certainly is not, IMO. And that's all I offer. No study, just my experience. I didn't mean to start this debate either. I just thought your implications were quite funny.
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
                          Notice that this study calls NPR "moderately left", but much more centrist than hard-left news organizations such as CBS and the New York Times. :)
                          CBS is a lot of things, but "hard left" is not one of them.
                          In game handle: Steel Scion
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler View Post
                            CBS is a lot of things, but "hard left" is not one of them.
                            Damn, you guys are zinging 'em left and right (pun only slightly intended)!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

How is NPR liberal?

BTW, I understand why people have this perception. NPR covers a wide variety of things, which some people think the news media shouldn't give creedence to. NPR also has a few commentarys that I find strikingly one sided. But I was just wondering why that was your opinion. I find NPR to be about the most balanced source of news and information out there.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X