X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brothers In Arms

From today's NY Post.

Hear hear.

April 8, 2004 -- We salute the U.S. Marines killed and wounded in the latest upsurge in violence in Iraq, and their comrades-in-arms who are fighting to regain control of Fallujah from Sunni thugs. Their bravery and sacrifice are inspirational.
    We also salute the courage of America's allies in Iraq. Despite their hardships, their role goes largely unnoticed by the media. (And by Sen. John Kerry, who so carelessly denigrated them as members of a "fraudulent coalition.")

Over the past days, while U.S. Marines battled Sunni insurgents in Fallujah and Ramadi, and G.I.s fought Shiite militiamen in Baghdad's Sadr City:

* A Ukrainian soldier was killed and four others wounded in the city of Kut, from which Coalition troops have now apparently withdrawn.

* A Salvadoran soldier serving with the Spanish-led brigade in Najaf was killed defending a Coalition garrison against al Sadr militiamen.

* Italian troops in Nasiriyah fought with conspicuous bravery on Tuesday, recapturing the city's bridges at a cost of 12 slightly wounded.

* In Karbala, Polish troops are said to have killed a top aide to the renegade militia leader, Muqtada al Sadr. Two Polish and three Bulgarian soldiers have been wounded in the fighting there.

* British soldiers killed 15 al Sadr militiamen in a firefight in Amara.

The valor of Coalition troops underscores the fact that the conflict is a war against terror and for civilization.

That's something to remember amid the images of destruction.

Re: Brothers In Arms

And don't forget the japanese/koreans being held hostage....

Comment

That's just what I was going to post Fri. Even the reporters are in danger from these nut jobs.

I think it's difficult for many of these countries to step up and send troops no matter how small a contingent. It really shows us how right we are in this. You don't see Russia or Iran (officialy) sending troops to fight us off. No one.

God bless the righteous and keep them out of harm's way.
      New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by fr1j0l3
        And don't forget the japanese/koreans being held hostage....
        Y'know, it's been said that the terrorists in Afghanistan were surprised at the quickness and verocity of our counterattack after Sept. 11. You'd think they'd learn. Now they're trying to ransom a proud warrior nation like Japan? Ignorant fools...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

We are all inferior in their eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid
            I think it's difficult for many of these countries to step up and send troops no matter how small a contingent. It really shows us how right we are in this.
            How right we are in what? Being in Iraq?
            Euthanasia saved my life

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
              We are all inferior in their eyes.
              And in turn, they are all inferior in ours...whether or not they are truly inferior is a question, perhaps, for another thread
              Euthanasia saved my life

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X