Racism Sinks to New Lows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racism Sinks to New Lows

Chris Rock's mom is suing Cracker Barrel for racism because she waited for 30 minutes without being served and then rather than berating the waitress in front of her, the manager just offered to comp her and her companion's meals.

Considering this, I have decided that I am going to sue Morton's Steak House, Red Robin and Pizza Hut on the same grounds.

With the proceeds from those suits I will begin to systematically sue each one of my Doctors for racially delaying me.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html

Re: Racism Sinks to New Lows

I, a white guy, once went in to a Steak'N'Shake, sat down, and was ignored for a good 20 minutes by the staff of the not very busy restaurant. I got up and drove next door to McDonald's, didn't even get a free shake.

"He never called over the waitresses and asked, 'Why did these people sit here for a half hour without service?' " she said. "The only thing he said was we could have a free meal and neither of us wanted to eat."
    Whacha doin in a restaurant if you don't wanna eat?? Maybe he punished the waitress in private instead of embarassing her in public? How would embarassing her in front of her customers help her customers out in any way? He did what he could do to try to please them by offering a free meal. Bunch of crap if you ask me...
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

"He never called over the waitresses and asked, 'Why did these people sit here for a half hour without service?' " she said. "The only thing he said was we could have a free meal and neither of us wanted to eat."
      This case has a very short half-life I expect. On the other hand

The Rev. Al Sharpton will join Rock on Wednesday in South Carolina to announce that Sharpton's Action Network will finance the planned lawsuit.
      Such leadership! Present this face of racism to the American public and trivialize the word. Rich Mom waits 30 minutes for food at notoriously mediocre restaurant and sues when offered free meal. Holy crap! Clear my schedule! Book a charter G5! Alert the press! RACISM!!!!!

Comment

wow if she was only ignored at cracker barrel for 30 minutes thats pretty good, i mean my family ussaully gets ignored for 45 minutes at any resturant.

wait for Jesse Jackson to show up on TV with this story, he only comes around when it looks good for him. Just like Al Sharpton, just think what the network people for sharpton are thinking....Um she waited for 30 minutes and was offered free food...Yep cuase for lawsuit and we will gladly pay for it.
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Well, I'm white, so I'm going to sue them for naming their restaruant "Cracker" Barrel.
          sigpic

Comment

If I'm the CEO of Cracker Barrel I'm very interested in settling this or in signing Chris Rock to a $10 million advertising contract. The last thing you need is Chris Rock smearing your business for the next 10 years.

Tonight on HBO, Chris Rock talks about how Cracker Barrel treated his momma!

nononono

Or go on the attack. This is a trivial suit and a shakedown. Embark on a campaign that shows all the black people who WORK for Cracker Barrel and show how much they make. Then show Ms. Rock and her fancy house and talk about how her 30 minute wait is going to be worth all of their salaries combined.

Comment

Wow, 30 minutes at Cracker Barrel is standard. That restaurant is slow everywhere--busy or empty.
              ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
              No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

This makes me sick...I guess growing up north, I have NEVER felt racial discrimination, but I dont think this case qualifies. I can understand if Cracker Barrel called the cops and then proceded to shooting a fire hose on her...then yes, its racially charged. But this is no such case. AL Sharpton seems to be concerned(go figure). It seems to me that he only helps the "African American" community, while smearing the reputation of "others". He only uses coverage like this to help his own agenda.
                "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
                  This makes me sick...I guess growing up north, I have NEVER felt racial discrimination, but I dont think this case qualifies. I can understand if Cracker Barrel called the cops and then proceded to shooting a fire hose on her...then yes, its racially charged. But this is no such case. AL Sharpton seems to be concerned(go figure). It seems to me that he only helps the "African American" community, while smearing the reputation of "others". He only uses coverage like this to help his own agenda.
                  Thats the only time you will ever see HIm and is organization jump on TV, when he can smear others and make himself look like the little people helper. I can understand if the waitress said you are black so im not servering you. So what if you wait for 30minutes to get crappy food.

And did you read where Al Sharpton has been getting calls all over the US from people expreincing the same thing. Classic
                  that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                  -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR] View Post
                    And did you read where Al Sharpton has been getting calls all over the US from people expreincing the same thing. Classic
                    Yea, I read that garbage. it seems like everything has to do with race with this guy. I remember when somebody called him out, saying "He only helps the Blacks" then he immediatly found a case involving a little white girl then jumped all over it. Then he goes and says that he is "helps" everyone no matter the color. If you ask me, he is a racist.
                    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Honestly, if I were black I'd have expected that from a place called "The Cracker Barrel."

Comment

I've got a "Cracker Barrel" here, we dont eat there anymore because of the same reason. Im white and didnt get served at all (Didnt feel like racisim to me, just really poor service). Ended up going to a Chinese buffet. This part of AZ its 80% White, 10% Mexicans, 5% Asian, and 5% Everything Else (Including Middle Eastern, Black, and Mexicans.)

Mexicans listed twice because there's more and more coming everyday.
                        Oyee

Comment

Maybe she just got bored with all the cool nick-nacks in the store....Isn't that the real reason to make you wait so you shop and buy their stuff...LOL!

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Originally posted by Bodofooko View Post
                            Well, I'm white, so I'm going to sue them for naming their restaruant "Cracker" Barrel.
                            That's exactly what I thought when I read this!

Then my second thought was, what was she doing in 'Cracker Barrel' in the first place??

Comment

Well I think that's a dangerous question. The short answer is "she was trying to get a meal." If the implication is that no sane black person would go to Cracker Barrel, or that she must have been asking for a fight...well then she certainly has a point.

I think it's important to remember that we know very little about this situation right now. I'm suspicious, it seems unreasonable, and Al Sharpton's involvement is unpleasant and reinforces the sense that this whole affair is opportunistic. However, it's possible that Ms. Rock and her daughter waited 30 minutes while the same waitress sat, waited on, and served several tables after they arrived, all of whom were white. If that happened, then she may have a point.

I still think the manager's offer seemed reasonable and should have been considered before filing suit, and ultimated the company isn't responsible for an individual's behavior, it's responsible for enforcing its policy. If they had a bad waitress behaving in a racist manner, then they should terminate that waitress's employment and make good with the affected customers or coworkers. I doubt there's a policy that tolerates a manger publicly berating an employee.

Jeeze 'nuff said on this topic. Let's see what Chris Rock has to say.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X