Election 04

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election 04

I dont feel i can vote for bush anymore, but how can i vote for this guy? we need some more political parties in the united states.

4 and 3 and 2 and 1 when im on the mic the suckas run.

Re: Election 04

Originally posted by MatDL
    I dont feel i can vote for bush anymore, but how can i vote for this guy? we need some more political parties in the united states.

a two party system is deffinatly a undemocratic things, it forcesthe vote to be not who has the best ideology but which is the best of two evils.

the system should be proportional representation or first past the post voting ... i like first past the post to be honest. but hey im British and thats how we do it... so yanks will be biterly opposed i suppose.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
      a two party system is deffinatly a undemocratic things, it forcesthe vote to be not who has the best ideology but which is the best of two evils.

the system should be proportional representation or first past the post voting ... i like first past the post to be honest. but hey im British and thats how we do it... so yanks will be biterly opposed i suppose.
      What is "first past the post"?
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
        What is "first past the post"?

Yeah, what is that Dude?
        "On My Commad, Unleash Hell"
        "And Let Slip The Dogs Of War"

Comment

Heh. My work Inbox saw an email today that showed Bush looking like a complete idiot trying to throw a football, then showed this thread's photo. Said something about needing more people to vote for.

I am amazed that anyone can trust any politician, so I always like to see comedic pieces that take jabs at both sides (true, there are only two) equally. :)
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

i think i'm still gonna vote for bush....even though kerry gives me the "better hope" for a better america.

Comment

This is how I am deciding who I vote for.

I am pro stem cell research, Bush is not, Kerry is.

I am against a Constitutional amendment banning gay marriage, Bush is for it, Kerry is against it (Kerry thinks the states should decided, which I agree with).

I am pro-choice, Bush is not, Kerry is.

Kerry doesnt let his religion drive his public policy positions, Bush does.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightfire
                i think i'm still gonna vote for bush....even though kerry gives me the "better hope" for a better america.
                Hmm, interesting comment.

Why would you vote against a man that you think offers "better hope" for a better America?

And why do you think that Senator Kerry gives you "better hope"?
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Almost off topic, but funny, IMO. I just heard about these t-shirts available at www.glennbeck.com :

Has Senator Kerry ever taken a stand on anything? I love his quote about actually voting for the $87B Iraq funding bill before he voted against it...
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Has Senator Kerry ever taken a stand on anything? I love his quote about actually voting for the $87B Iraq funding bill before he voted against it...
                    Thats the thing thats kinda iffy about him. He says he's against this or that, but you cant really tell since he will change his mind later.

Comment

Almost off topic, but funny, IMO. I just heard about these t-shirts available at www.glennbeck.com :

<really funny pic>

While I'm not so sure about Kerry in particular, I will say that it is difficult as a Senator to have a consistent voting record. The way congressional politics is organized, you can hardly vote based on ideology and always "do the right thing". So many bills have crap added to them that you have to vote against. Sometimes, you disagree with something in theory, but you need to spend the money to keep people alive.

I think when comparing a congress man (that is, someone who's job is to work with 100/500 other members of congress) to a governor/president, you aren't exactly comparing apples to apples.

You can say that Kerry is a weak leader that waffles and Bush is a strong leader that sticks to his guns. But you can also say that Kerry does his job, that is, compromizing in order to run the country (our system is broken if this is strictly true) and that Bush is an egotistical, king wanna-be that wouldn't know compromize if it were a snake, and it bit him on the ass while he was hanging out on his "ranch". ( :D just kidding, of course!)

The problem is that congress and presidency/govenorship is very different, and you can't just compare these two types of candidates like this.

This all being said, I do think that Kerry has a credibility problem and that Bush gets low marks for "playing well with others".

I also don't like Bush's policy on many things, but I don't think I could tell you what Kerry's is.

My summary of election '04? :icon27:
                      --
                      CaveDog
                      "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Comment

Originally posted by Psi_RedEye22
                        Ugh. I hate this "OMG Bush stutters his words I h8 him nowwww" type attitude. Bush is a great president. Kerry is a bad candidate IMO because of his anti-bush pro-nothing statements, but that picture, and your inablility to vote because of it, is simply retarded.

Bush/Cheney 2004.
                        Ah, if it were that simple....
                        --
                        CaveDog

Comment

Hm... I believe that last time someone threw a football at me and intended on me catching it, I did something much worse, like covering my face.... I'm such a pansy.:D
                          --
                          CaveDog

Comment

What we need to do is add a "None of the above" option to the ballet and force the candidates to beat that as well as each other. Until then (or until a candidate runs that I actually think can make a difference) I won't be voting.

Forcing someone to vote for either of two evils without giving them an option to say "I don't like anyone running" isn't democratic.

Our last presidential election debacle completely obliterated my faith in the system. All I need to do to get elected is make sure my brother is governor of a state where half the population is too stupid to use a ballot.

Comment

Originally posted by CaveDog
                              The problem is that congress and presidency/govenorship is very different, and you can't just compare these two types of candidates like this.
                              Well, if you don't want to be an apathetic person like wickerman, you have to make the comparison. As you pointed out, it's not a simple comparison to make, but it's one that needs to be made.

Let's also clear up this misconception about the "two party system". The United States of America only has two dominant parties because you and I allow it to be that way. There's nothing in our government that supports having only two parties instead of 3 or 5. No part of our Constitution favors limiting our representatives to parties. It's just what the people have made work.

Anyone know just how many political parties exist right now that have had a candidate for President?
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X