Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Park sinks to new lows!

Or something.

they were accused of hitting a new low last night after lampooning the demise of Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin just weeks after his death.

The latest episode shows an animated Irwin in Hell with a stingray poking out of his bleeding chest.

Re: South Park sinks to new lows!

Originally posted by leejo View Post
    In that episode, Satan was having a Halloween costume party. He went up to the cartoon "Irwin" and told him it was inappropriate to be wearing a cosume like that so soon after Irwin's death. Cartoon "Irwin" responded that it was really him, it wasn't a cosume. So Satan kicked him out of the party for not wearing a costime.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Awesome! I have it on Tivo but haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Poor Steve Irwin. Can't win.

Great costume idea, btw. Get a plastic ray, get some fake blood, and a gunga din outfit. Mix well with booze. Viola.

Comment

Awesome! I have it on Tivo but haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Poor Steve Irwin. Can't win.

Great costume idea, btw. Get a plastic ray, get some fake blood, and a gunga din outfit. Mix well with booze. Viola.
        I really dont find it too funny. Maybe for next year, its just right now some people are still down on the fact that a great person like him is gone.
        Oyee

Comment

Here's the clip for anyone interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT3nIi0gH20

I didn't think it was too bad, was actually kind of amazed they chose to go the "sensitive humor" direction instead of something else.

Really though, it's South Park, this is what they do.
          [squadl]
          "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

I think that it is typical that South Park would do something like this. I have always enjoyed watching south park, they make fun of everybody equally, whether it being Crazy Tom Cruise, 9/11, Bin Laden, G.W, etc, etc, etc. It's not like they are bad mouthing Steve Irwin, (although they did parody him in an episode once) and it is all for humor. Also it makes you think about what is really going on also. Think about it....Satan=Society:)
            "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Am I the only person who remembers Fred Schneider and The Shake Society's "Summer in Hell"?

Comment

To claim this is the most offensive skit South Park has produced is the real tragedy. Further, how long do we have to wait until we can make fun of the tragic death of a celebrity? I think we should use Princess Diana as a meter. She's been dead long enough for people not to remember her, so that's ok? Does that make their jab at her in "Good taste?"

I'm sure this is exactly what Parker and Stone expected, which is exactly why they had Satan saying the same thing (It's too soon).

Did anyone go see South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut on opening day? When I went, it was full of kids (ages ranging from probably 8-15) with their parents (it is rated R after-all). During the opening song, people started walking out, just like the audience was in the movie. By the time the song was over, there were maybe 30 people left, not including us. Tell me they didn't know that was going to happen in at least a few theatres.

Parker and Stone go in knowing almost exactly what the reaction is going to be to their episodes and they don't care.

South Park maker Comedy Central defended the episode. A spokesman said: "It has offended people in the past and probably will again. Regular watchers would not be shocked."
                Rock on.

I can watch any other channel for "cookie-cutter" comedy that's been recycled over and over.

Comment

I like that full size Acura cake, and I want one too damn it!

South Park is nothing compare to what is actually happening and being shown on daily news. Kids shot their parents, teacher, principal and fellow students to death; Soldiers being bombed and shot to death; Priests, congressman and teachers sexual harrasing minors; and people try to explain all the evil are caused by playing video games. Man, I think South Park is probably one of the most normal show on tv.
                  Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

Poor Satan.

Comment

personlly i think its hilarious, big southpark fan. this might be a bit soon, but its all added to the shock factor... cant say i thought irwin was a great man as viper did, personally i thought he was extremely gung ho.... but in any case, not saying i dont sympathise at his death.

and i love that satan was brittney spears.... lmao...

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Poor Satan.
                        he he.... i was just thinking that.....

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Holy Christ they let you out of the asylum and you ran straight back to the sandbox! Or are you just now shaking off your post-World-Cup hangover? Where have you been Dudeman? Things have been downright boring and overly-polite in here. :D

Let's stir the pot!

Comment

Holy Christ they let you out of the asylum and you ran straight back to the sandbox! Where have you been Dudeman? Things have been downright boring and overly-polite in here. :D

Let's stir the pot!

they didnt let me out i busted out...:icon_eek: and dont worry i need a fewposts to warm up and ill solve the latter in no time... good to see you on leejo. :row__593:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/general...y-new-rig.html

i have been without a computer for some time now... but 1400 has changed that... i posted my new rig in the general for anyone who missed it...:madsmile:

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

http://www.blowingsmokethemovie.com/...ooker_like.php

Bill Maher couldn't come up with anything on his own, I guess. Lame.
                              ---
                              Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X