Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Wussification of America explained...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wussification of America explained...

http://science.slashdot.org/article....49225&from=rss

"Yahoo is running a story about a study that concludes that testosterone levels are falling across all age groups among American men. It says 'The testosterone-fueled American male may be losing his punch'"

Slashdot has some interesting comments.

This is interesting...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: The Wussification of America explained...

Chesty saw this coming.
    ---
    Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

Originally posted by Switchcraft View Post
      Chesty saw this coming.
      Yeah...
      Last edited by CingularDuality; 10-29-2006, 07:25 PM. Reason: Despite a cowardly ending, Lewis Puller was a hero, too.
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Have not read it yet.

testosterone be a hormone, a healthy body will regulate hormones more optimaly.

Being Obese
        Stressed
        out of shape
        a generally unhealthy would bring about a decrease.
        All things that are happening in Ameracia these are.
        I'll read the the story later. Time for some Tac Mod.

I'm sure it will be good.
        (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
        (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
        (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
        Squad Leader pledge to their team:
        Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Reading articles is for girls. I'm gonna go masturbate to the outdoor life network.

Comment

Originally posted by thebleakaffinity View Post
            Reading articles is for girls. I'm gonna go masturbate to the outdoor life network.
            Remind me to never watch tv with Bleak...
            Retired 6th DB

Comment

I've been hearing these kinds of things for a while from other sources, and I have to say that I agree.

Men are being forced by the "elite" to become less like men, and society now wonders where all the men went.

It's no mystery: the idea of gender as it pertains to self-identity is a social construct is an idea that is slowly being forced into the culture, and has been around for a while in the political system and among the intellectual elite. This idea is one of the factors, and probably the biggest driving force, but by no means is the total cause.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

Isn't this what Fight Club was about?

On a potentially related note...
                A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Fight Club portrayed men releasing their frustration in a supposedly good method.

Unfortunately, it's destructive, and immature. Being a man is so much more than having violent urges.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

Women are the new men.
                    I have been doing an independent study on the female sex drive and its relationship with testosterone. This is the background:
                    I did a paper on cirrhosis of the liver once. The men who drank too much had a malfunction of their pituitary gland which caused a decrease in testosterone. It caused them to grow boobs, loose their body hair, have shrinkage of their testicles, lose of muscle mass and thinning of the vocal cords. All signs of a decrease in testosterone. Basically becoming women.
                    After I did the paper. I read that testosterone was a major factor in libido in men and women. So since testosterone had a physical manifestation. I was going to look for women that had the most testosterone to go out with, because they had higher sex drives. I have narrowed it down to fingernails. I am talking about where the nail starts, to the distal end of the finger. Which is actually called the finger nail plate. Only takes a second to look.
                    Women with long skinny fingernails have low sex drives and women with shorter fingernails have a high sex drives. Through years of research I have found this to be true. I can prove this on an etchasketch. If you don't believe me just look around at the women you know.
                    So taking this into account, this brings us to another point. Over the last fifty years. Women have moved into the work place. I have read studies where there are more women working then men in America. Women who back in the day used to live sedentary lifestyle at home, had lower testosterone levels then women who are now out working and taking care of their bodies. So if you believe in natural selection, men will be procreating with more masculine women. Given this information I think it's safe to assume that the study was correct, but I wouldn't say America is being wussified. I think American testosterone is just being rationed differently.

Comment

Originally posted by thebleakaffinity View Post
                      I think I'm going to start calling it "catch and release."
                      ---
                      Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
                        I was going to look for women that had the most testosterone to go out with, because they had higher sex drives. I have narrowed it down to fingernails. I am talking about where the nail starts, to the distal end of the finger. Which is actually called the finger nail plate. Only takes a second to look.
                        Women with long skinny fingernails have low sex drives and women with shorter fingernails have a high sex drives. Through years of research I have found this to be true. I can prove this on an etchasketch.
                        If you can do it on an etchasketch, you can do it in MS Paint. Let's see a diagram of this revelation.
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I blame that damn "queer eye for the straight guy":)
                          "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Seriously though, think about why we have become "wussified". I am gonna break it down in Bullet format:)

1. We had no Great Depression, back then men had to toil over the fields and actually make a living.

2. There no "great wars". Yea sure there was Grenada, Iraq, Afganistan, Iraq, and soon North Korea. The Greatest Generation is dying off, and all we got left now is the MTV generation and the "Friends" generation(<proud member since '94)

3. The media...now I know that this is gonna get alot of you guys fired up, but the media is responsible for alot of the wussiness going around. They tell you the "Great oppression over woman in the workplace" or anything that involves sexism. But never the other way around.

4. The internet: Me personally, I cant believe society has lasted this long without it . But it is chopping the "hoo-hoo's" off guy's nation-wide with thier Online Dating service. Back then you walk up to a woman and get rejected face to face;)

I realize that alot off this doesnt make much since, but it makes sense to me. We live in a society now that doesnt have a need for masculinity. We are a hugs and kisses society now that frowns upon anything "Manly".
                            "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

As a general rule, mixing science, statistics, pop sociology, and politics is a recipe for enriched stupid. Serve over greens.

The study is limited to men born between 1915 and 1945. In Boston. So before people begin to make grand statements about the feminization of America, realize that the sample is very narrow. Possible influences include natural aging, diet, environment, and the Red Sox sucking for so long.

;)
                              In game handle: Steel Scion
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse