Police Stun Gun Kills Teen With Bible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Police Stun Gun Kills Teen With Bible

I didn't say the police actions were fully justified in every physical confrontation.

My point is that if I'm involved in a confrontation with the police, it is very much in my best interests to work to calm things down quickly. I may be looking at names on badges and making mental notes but if a policeman seems agitated, it's not the best time to make my point.

I am not concerning myself with who is right and who is wrong, I'm working hard to avoid getting tasered, beaten, shot, arrested, etc. If I'm wronged, believe me I'll be looking for my pound of flesh. On my turf and my time.

Victoria Snelgrove died because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I mean, that was just a horrible accident. Don't you think? If more Victoria Snelgroves started turning up I'd be concerned about systemic problem. If people started getting accidentally tasered, I'd be worried about a systemic problem. As it is, these people who have been injured or killed after being tasered were all involved in actively resisting lawful commands, were they not? Not some dude who just happened to be standing nearby.

Anyway, I'm sorry for getting started with the political comments. I just thought "Police Stun Gun Kills Teen with Bible" was sorta funny. I imagine the teen being clubbed to death with a bible.

Comment

Re: Police Stun Gun Kills Team With Bible

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
      I'd debate the word "every" here. Surely there must be some cases where the law stepped over the line without justifiable provocation. Victoria Snelgrove anyone? Granted the Taser wasn't involved in Victoria's death but I couldn't help but think of her after reading Leejo's comment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Snelgrove
      Hmmm, not sure why you brought that up in this case. The police acted in a righteous manner there, it's just that there were tragic consequences. Accidents happen everywhere.
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Re: Police Stun Gun Kills Team With Bible

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
        Hmmm, not sure why you brought that up in this case. The police acted in a righteous manner there, it's just that there were tragic consequences. Accidents happen everywhere.
        I agree the police were right to act but the investigation months later showed the BPD put those crowd control weapons in the hands of personnel who hadn't been fully trained to use them. I'm not sure additional training would've made a difference. In the end the city of Boston settled for a substancial amount of money. Guess I'm making a stretch with the Snelgrove case.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

My favorite taser story of all time.

http://www.planetjh.com/brady/brady_..._streaker.html

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
            My favorite taser story of all time.

http://www.planetjh.com/brady/brady_..._streaker.html
            Eganís husband, Bruce, 52, a retired economist, said, "If you have kids why bring them to a demo-demolish? Pig-wrestling maybe, but demo derby never."
            ELL OH ELL exclamation point

Seriously, if nothing else happened except they were unable to stop the streaker, I'd call police brutality on that situation. I have a hunch that he tossed that fire extinguisher at a cop, or otherwise messed up would could've been some good clean fun...
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X