Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush's secret Iraq plans

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/04/16/ira....ap/index.html

Apparantly, a Mr. Bob Woodward knows all about President Bush's secret plan to invade Iraq, a plan so secret that Bush did not trust his inner circle to know about but openly tell a journalist all about it.......

:icon_roll

Re: Bush's secret Iraq plans

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/16/po...partner=GOOGLE
    Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
    Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie
      Apparantly, a Mr. Bob Woodward knows all about President Bush's secret plan to invade Iraq, a plan so secret that Bush did not trust his inner circle to know about but openly tell a journalist all about it.......
      Wolfie, I love you like a brother, but ... "a Mr. Bob Woodward"? You did read this part, right:
      Woodward, a Washington Post journalist who wrote an earlier book on Bush's anti-terrorism campaign and broke the Watergate scandal with Carl Bernstein,
      You're right though, he doesn't appear to be the most reliable source based on checkable historical facts. His history, however, gives him a lot of public influence anyway. Apparently his books are very exciting to read, turning current events into Clancy-type thrillers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Woodward

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...672967-5376652

http://www.webcom.com/ctka/pr196-woodward.html

http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/2003/06/hitchens.htm

edit: mispelled "however"
      Last edited by Geisha; 04-16-2004, 09:31 PM.

Comment

I think a few more people than just Bob Woodward knew about it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/1550366.stm

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...ill-iraq_x.htm
        Last edited by GhostintheShell; 04-16-2004, 09:38 PM.
        Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostintheShell
          It's entirely possible that Woodward is right. Further, I'm positive the Executive branch and our military have all kinds of speculative contigency plans for war against every single nation in the world. However, Woodward has a history of inventing corroberating evidence and dramatizing events to make a better story, so you can't take the book as strictly fact. Wolfie also makes an excellent point that someone notorious for breaking the Watergate story does not sound like the ideal confidante for sensitive war plans. I'd be suspicious of almost every "quote" from Bush in the book just based on that.

Your first link doesn't mention Iraq at all. Yes, we viewed Bin Laden as a threat even before he knocked down the Twin Towers.

Your second link relies on the testimony of a man who was fired over some heated arguments. Right or wrong, he's not exactly unbiased.

edit: tried to sound less insulting... I'm not saying Woodward is a liar or that he's not right (he could be right for the wrong reasons). Woodward just seems to be generally more interested in story potential--selling books--than reporting factual news.
          Last edited by Geisha; 04-16-2004, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Geisha
            It's entirely possible that Woodward is right. Further, I'm positive the Executive branch and our military have all kinds of speculative contigency plans for war against every single nation in the world.
            Indeed.....
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Yeah, exactly,especially a middle east country. I thought about this a bit after I posted yesterday and came to the same conclusion.

You guys probably have the best military strategists in the world. It would only be prudent that when you aren't actually at war to work up plans and scenario's for different countries in case of future conflict. No different then some kind of emergency preparedness manual.

Comment

I'm a troll that came to TacticalGamer and only posted one message which was antagonistic and was changed by a moderator...

And I didn't even get a T-shirt!!!
                Last edited by CingularDuality; 05-02-2004, 07:08 AM. Reason: Trolls don't deserve to keep their posts... Try posting a few constructive messages before you spout off like this, chirag09....

Comment

Oh hush. That is way beyond the pale and you should show some respect to the nation's leadership.
                  Last edited by leejo; 05-01-2004, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chirag09
                    Bush's Iraq plans:

Torture the Iraqi soldiers.
                    Rape the Iraqi soldiers.
                    Set new records for War crimes.
                    Piss on Iraqi soldiers.

Maybe a few I have missed.
                    It would behoove you to contribute to the topic instead of shouting insults and blanket statements about what our fine men are doing overseas.

Comment

Originally posted by chirag09
                      Bush's Iraq plans:

Torture the Iraqi soldiers.
                      Rape the Iraqi soldiers.
                      Set new records for War crimes.
                      Piss on Iraqi soldiers.

Maybe a few I have missed.

yeah really bud not needed and totally disrespectful to the men and women of our country in service.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                        Oh hush. That is way beyond the pale and you should show some respect to the nation's leadership.
                        Last edited by phyllis; 05-02-2004, 01:45 AM. Reason: deconstructive

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                          Can we keep the commentary to something more constructive than single-worded insults?
                          Last edited by phyllis; 05-02-2004, 01:45 AM. Reason: removed quote text

Comment

Keep editing other people's posts that you don't like and you will all just end up having conversations with yourselves.

Kinda like patting your own back. :icon14:

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Keep editing other people's posts that you don't like and you will all just end up having conversations with yourselves.
                              It's not about what I like, it's about a mature, respectful TacticalGamer atmosphere. When I receive a complaint about a post, I go take a look, and then and then make a call. Be it right or wrong in the posters eyes, that's my job. Let's keep these forums informative, and with decent, respectful discussion. If there is nothing constructive to add, wait to post until you have something.

Kinda like patting your own back. :icon14:
                              yea...after watching over these forums daily...uh huh...a big pat on the back....yea...that's it.....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X