Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help us John Kerry!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help us John Kerry!



    Maybe belongs in pics and maybe belongs in the sandbox. :)

  • #2
    Re: Help us John Kerry!

    LMAO
    Too Funny,you should send that to Lou Dobbs or someone.

    Kerry is such a wank.

    IronClaw

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Help us John Kerry!

      Im no John Kerry fanatic, but kerry apologised...he misspoke.

      Bush never apologised for calling the Constitution "Just a Goddamn piece of paper!"
      Its not on film like kerrys mistake but hey............

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Help us John Kerry!

        thats FUNNY! lol
        Magnum |TG-18th|


        We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Help us John Kerry!

          Hi

          Bush is a wank as well as is every other S.O.B thats feeds at the beltway trough.
          I think it`s great that the folks in that pic still have a sense of humor considering
          where they`re at.

          IronClaw

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Help us John Kerry!

            Originally posted by freekyE View Post
            Im no John Kerry fanatic, but kerry apologised...he misspoke.

            Bush never apologised for calling the Constitution "Just a Goddamn piece of paper!"
            Its not on film like kerrys mistake but hey............
            WEAK!

            Kerry's "apology" worked like this:

            Phase 1: Attack. I'm not going to apologize to anyone. The white house are jerks. Rush Limbaugh is fat.
            Phase 2: Campaign visits get cancelled. Clearly this attack the messenger approach isn't working. Uh...I...uh...was telling a joke! What I meant to say was...uh..um...
            Phase 3: Apology, plus phase 2 reitereted.

            We're still in phase 2. If Kerry has misspoken, he would have said so during phase 1. If he'd combined his attack on Tony Snow, et al, with his newly discovered story that is was a bungled joke (HA! HAHAHAHAHA! Wooo! You GO funny man John Kerry!) then he'd probably be on the campaign trail today instead of being called out by his own party.

            He hasn't apologized, he's made an excuse.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Help us John Kerry!

              Kerry misspoke, it's pretty obvious when you read/view the speech in context. I personally thought it was a poorly written stab at Bush in the first place, and Kerry's bungling of it really put him in hot water. Don't play with fire unless you're willing to get burned.

              However, the White House's/GOP's reaction to it, by immediately taking out of context and bringing the troops into it is even cheaper. Bush's civilian leadership (Cheney, Rumsfeld, Bremer) bungling crucial decisions in this war have done far more than insult the US armed forces.

              It really makes no difference. Political setups like this never change the voter's mind - they only serve to re-inforce either side's convictions.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Help us John Kerry!

                For those who haven't seen it, here is Kerry's response:
                "If anyone thinks a veteran would criticize the more than 140,000 heroes serving in Iraq and not the president who got us stuck there, they're crazy. This is the classic G.O.P. playbook. I'm sick and tired of these despicable Republican attacks that always seem to come from those who never can be found to serve in war, but love to attack those who did.

                I'm not going to be lectured by a stuffed suit White House mouthpiece standing behind a podium, or doughy Rush Limbaugh, who no doubt today will take a break from belittling Michael J. Fox's Parkinson's disease to start lying about me just as they have lied about Iraq . It disgusts me that these Republican hacks, who have never worn the uniform of our country lie and distort so blatantly and carelessly about those who have.

                The people who owe our troops an apology are George W. Bush and Dick Cheney who misled America into war and have given us a Katrina foreign policy that has betrayed our ideals, killed and maimed our soldiers, and widened the terrorist threat instead of defeating it. These Republicans are afraid to debate veterans who live and breathe the concerns of our troops, not the empty slogans of an Administration that sent our brave troops to war without body armor.

                Bottom line, these Republicans want to debate straw men because they're afraid to debate real men. And this time it won't work because we're going to stay in their face with the truth and deny them even a sliver of light for their distortions. No Democrat will be bullied by an administration that has a cut and run policy in Afghanistan and a stand still and lose strategy in Iraq ."
                I think it's spot on. Incompetant draft-dodgers who put their own citizens in harm's way for foolish reasons don't get to lecture others on respect for the military.

                Reminds me of a quote from the last election: "How many times do you have to get shot running across a rice paddy in Vietnam to prove you're tougher than a cheerleader from Andover?"
                In game handle: Steel Scion
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Help us John Kerry!

                  oh and the Democrats didn't overblow and make a big deal about that Republican gay boy lover or whatever the hell he is...

                  It works both ways now don't it.
                  Magnum |TG-18th|


                  We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Help us John Kerry!

                    Oh it makes a difference alright. His fat mouth has sucked the air out of about 72 hours of the remaining news between now and the elections.

                    And if you think it's obvious that Kerry was telling a joke you are seeing what you wish to see. I've read the transcript, and I saw the speech. He said what he meant to say.

                    Kerry needs to say "I'm sorry" to the troops and his fellow democrats and disappear for a little while. He, and you, do not need to try to turn this into Bush's fault. It's weak weak weak. But keep talking and keep sucking the air out of the room if you think that's a winning strategy.

                    It doesn't matter what the context was, or what your psychic understanding of Kerry's intentions may be. What matters is what he said, and what's important is that he fix it. Those troops get it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Help us John Kerry!

                      I apologize for all the ignorant citizens of Massachusetts who keep electing this buffoon.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Help us John Kerry!

                        Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                        oh and the Democrats didn't overblow and make a big deal about that Republican gay boy lover or whatever the hell he is...

                        It works both ways now don't it.
                        So, grooming underage subordinates for sexual encounters, sending them explicit sexual messages and showering them with inappropriate gifts - and then having your superiors cover for you even though they know what you're doing is wrong - is the moral equivalent of a poorly worded critique of the administration's performance?
                        In game handle: Steel Scion
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Help us John Kerry!

                          Originally posted by Steeler View Post
                          For those who haven't seen it, here is Kerry's response:

                          "If anyone thinks a veteran would criticize the more than 140,000 heroes serving in Iraq and not the president who got us stuck there, they're crazy. This is the classic G.O.P. playbook. I'm sick and tired of these despicable Republican attacks that always seem to come from those who never can be found to serve in war, but love to attack those who did.

                          I'm not going to be lectured by a stuffed suit White House mouthpiece standing behind a podium, or doughy Rush Limbaugh, who no doubt today will take a break from belittling Michael J. Fox's Parkinson's disease to start lying about me just as they have lied about Iraq . It disgusts me that these Republican hacks, who have never worn the uniform of our country lie and distort so blatantly and carelessly about those who have.

                          The people who owe our troops an apology are George W. Bush and Dick Cheney who misled America into war and have given us a Katrina foreign policy that has betrayed our ideals, killed and maimed our soldiers, and widened the terrorist threat instead of defeating it. These Republicans are afraid to debate veterans who live and breathe the concerns of our troops, not the empty slogans of an Administration that sent our brave troops to war without body armor.

                          Bottom line, these Republicans want to debate straw men because they're afraid to debate real men. And this time it won't work because we're going to stay in their face with the truth and deny them even a sliver of light for their distortions. No Democrat will be bullied by an administration that has a cut and run policy in Afghanistan and a stand still and lose strategy in Iraq ."


                          I think it's spot on. Incompetant draft-dodgers who put their own citizens in harm's way for foolish reasons don't get to lecture others on respect for the military.

                          Reminds me of a quote from the last election: "How many times do you have to get shot running across a rice paddy in Vietnam to prove you're tougher than a cheerleader from Andover?"
                          I think it's spot on too. For example: What Veteran would criticize the 140,000 troops serving in Iraq?

                          John Kerry! "And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the--of--the historical customs, religious customs."

                          What veteran would criticize the troops in Vietnam who were still serving?

                          John Kerry! "I would like to talk, representing all those veterans, and say that several months ago in Detroit, we had an investigation at which over 150 honorably discharged and many very highly decorated veterans testified to war crimes committed in Southeast Asia, not isolated incidents but crimes committed on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of officers at all levels of command....

                          They told the stories at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war, and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country.
                          "

                          Maybe those were bungled jokes too? And why no mention of the joke in this Phase 1 of his misstatement/apology/joke?

                          Because it's a load of crap?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Help us John Kerry!

                            Well, the first comment is a criticism of tactics. The second is from a completely different era, a different war. And he is testifying about actual crimes which would not be tolerated under any code of military justice today.

                            But nevermind, that doesn't matter. It's nice to see you got your punching bag back. It's like a 2004 greatest hits parade in here. Enjoy it while it lasts.
                            In game handle: Steel Scion
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Help us John Kerry!

                              Talk about material for sandbox fodder...

                              I read the title of the thread and thought it was a quote from the senior leadership of the republican party.

                              Anyone with a grain of common sense knows that Kerry is speaking on behalf of the troops, not criticizing them. Bush's righteous indignation is even more absurd.

                              But hey, there's an election in a week, so anything goes, right?
                              Beatnik

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X