• Show
Clear All

• Low altitude show-offs

Some pretty nice low altitude flying..

http://www.glumbert.com/media/flylow

I looked for cats, didn't see any.
    sigpic

Re: Low altitude show-offs

Hah, at first I thought it was just footage from Iron Eagle.

Cool video. No cats, but what was with the fat cowboy in a flight suit about 3/4 of the way through?
    [squadl]
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Man, you've seen nothing until you've been out in the middle of nowhere on Camp Pendleton, and an A10 decides to fly over you at an altitude of about ten feet above your head.

Cool vid!
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Was he looking at a map?!? "I knew I should have made that left turn at Albequerque"

I wonder how much the plane is doing. That's just insane.
        flux
        [tg-c1]

Comment

HAH!.. Yeah - that map thing was pretty funny..
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
            Man, you've seen nothing until you've been out in the middle of nowhere on Camp Pendleton, and an A10 decides to fly over you at an altitude of about ten feet above your head.
            I've had nearly the same experience, and it wasn't Pendleton.

About 20 years ago, my dad and I are canoing up the Oswegatchie River in the Adirondacks. It's very meandering... lots of oxbows through thick marshland and bordered by dense forest on the far edges.

All of a sudden there's a roar and two A10's come tearing around a bend, following the broad river course (nahh, I don't think an A10 could follow the oxbows ;)) at what seemed like treetop level.

Granted, trees get pretty tall there, but that's still a mighty low altitude surprise when all you've seen are loons, ducks, and herons at the same level! :D

Comment

I cant begin to imagine how bad of a crash one of those would take if it were to even scrape the ground at that speed.

Comment

Well I know that the terrain following radar in Falcon 4.0 gets you plenty low, 100 m I think? I bet the real deal can hug the terrain a bit lower.

Hell they make a Lexus that can parallel park by itself. PARALLEL PARK. That's gotta mean they can fly a jet pretty low at 500 knots. Like 4 feet or something.

Comment

Baha, I love that commercial.

" I use to have to parallel park"

Jets are going to be non existant in the near future after the perfection of solid-state lasers.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodMoney View Post
                    I cant begin to imagine how bad of a crash one of those would take if it were to even scrape the ground at that speed.
                    I have pictures.
                    sigpic

Comment

Lowest altitude i've ever flown at was at 12 feet AGL at mach 0.75. Talk about having so much fun you pee your pants with glee! We did it over an area similar to the white sands proving grounds where theres no bushes/people/animals that can get pulled into the intakes though, so not so much good footage. God i miss my baby, too bad shes razorblades now. RIP F-14's.
                      Can anyone find out what song that was in the video for me though? That would be killer.

Comment

Ferris you don't by any chance know Ron Oneal do you? RIO/instructor. Been out about 10 years I guess.

Edit: Hmm I see from your b-day that you probably didn't cross paths.

Comment

AFAIK< Those are French Mirage F-1s training in Chad. The Puma helicopters are a big pointer to that. I guess there is a small chance they could be SANDF planes on exercizes over the Kalahari, but my money is on the France/Chad option.
                          Do or do not, there is no try....
                          -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Nope, didnt cross paths. I was only in for 3 years after college until I had a severe knee injury which caught me a medical discharge. fortunately for me, that entitles me to half pay for the rest of my days, which is actually affording me to go back to school and get my doctorate.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X