• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumsfeld stepping down

Breaking news headline on CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/....ap/index.html
    [squadl]
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Re: Rumsfeld stepping down

Wow. This could be great news.
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

I can't believe it. This is outstanding news. :D
      Beatnik

Comment

I think a "fresh perspective" is a good thing, but I wouldn't count on a major change in direction from the new SecDef.

I'm sure he's stepping down to avoid the firestorm of subpeonas coming.

I just hope the investigations don't get in the way of the bold new plan the Democrats have to.....um, what was it again?
        New to TG?

Comment

I figured this was coming following yesterday's elections. He won't be the first or the last to call it quits, I don't think. In the case of Rumsfeld it was long overdue - this is a change that the military needed for a very long time.

Comment

LMAO! WHY? Junior was "claiming" he was doing a "perfect" job, like how he commanded the FIMA guy. I am telling ya, Junior had something up his sleeves.........
            Last edited by RocketPunch; 11-08-2006, 01:37 PM.
            Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

Wow...this came out of left field. I never would have expected this. I dont know which one is worse...A rubber stamping retard..or a Democrat;)
              "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Thanks for all the incompetence and lies Rummy. My personal favorite lie:

"We know where they are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat." –on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction

I'm wondering when he's going to receive his Presidential Medal of Freedom?
                |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                - Check me out on The Onion
                - I'm on the local news!

Comment

OMG. To think I heard breaking political news first on TG. I need to stop hanging out on game sites all day! (or maybe I don't need to anymore!).

It's probably a good move since Rummy can't do or say anything now without being criticized by people opposed to the war. Maybe a fresh face will keep the mob quiet while our country's leaders decide how to handle Iraq.

Another opportunity to bow our heads for a moment and thank the brave men and women fighting over there just because their country asked them to.

Ok, back to your bashing and defending of Donald Rumsfeld...

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid View Post
                    I'm sure he's stepping down to avoid the firestorm of subpeonas coming.
                    Ahh, yes. The sweet "culture of accountability" that's been was promised in 2000 but for some reason has been missing in Washington for the past 6 years.
                    Beatnik

Comment

Did I just hear the first product placement ever from a President?

"It's hard in a time of war, everyone watching carnage on their Dell Television screens."

WHAT? DELL?

Comment

Originally posted by boudreux View Post
                        Did I just hear the first product placement ever from a President?

"It's hard in a time of war, everyone watching carnage on their Dell Television screens."

WHAT? DELL?
                        No, I think "The Google" was his first. :D
                        Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

Robert Gates as the new SecDef. Then the President references Jim Baker's Iraq Study Group. Sounds like the Poppa Bush team is moving in to pick up Junior's toys.
                          In game handle: Steel Scion
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by en4rcment View Post
                            OMG. To think I heard breaking political news first on TG. I need to stop hanging out on game sites all day! (or maybe I don't need to anymore
                            I know what you mean dude.
                            "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Why is everybody hating Rummy? He's already tried to resign twice before, but Bush wouldn't let him. Then he figured if he messed up enough, Bush would fire him (but didn't).
                              |TG-33rd|Dark_Viper

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X