They Stabbed Us In The Back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They Stabbed Us In The Back

I know it's been mentioned elsewhere but I thought I would start this thread as a reference point for the coming "They Stabbed Us In The Back" analysis that is likely to be heard from the usual suspects: right-wing radio/blogs/talking heads/pundits,various cable news hosts and thinktanks all sharing a common theme: They stabbed us in the back. We did not lose Iraq, they lost it for us.

Over the past two years I've heard grumblings of this type of thinking but since the results of the latest elections it will only grow worse. Beyond the usual collection of accusers, expect the usual suspects of victims: the press, Democrats, Leftists, gutless Americans, Freedom haters, and anyone else who did not have the will to stay the course in Iraq.

Stay tuned.
    Last edited by TheFatKidDeath; 11-08-2006, 04:06 PM. Reason: Specifically, the thread refers to Iraq
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: They Stabbed Us In The Back

Speaking of backstabs, I'm curious to see what happens in the Democratic party once the next Congress is formed. There are several Democrats who were elected to the House based on fairly conservative platforms; will they have to toe Pelosi's line when they get to Washington? She's far from conservative, and I wonder if these new reps will feel stabbed in the back if they're stifled.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post
      I know it's been mentioned elsewhere but I thought I would start this thread as a reference point for the coming "They Stabbed Us In The Back" analysis that is likely to be heard from the usual suspects: right-wing radio/blogs/talking heads/pundits,various cable news hosts and thinktanks all sharing a common theme: They stabbed us in the back. We did not lose Iraq, they lost it for us.

Over the past two years I've heard grumblings of this type of thinking but since the results of the latest elections it will only grow worse. Beyond the usual collection of accusers, expect the usual suspects of victims: the press, Democrats, Leftists, gutless Americans, Freedom haters, and anyone else who did not have the will to stay the course in Iraq.

Stay tuned.
      I don't understand the point of your post. The way I read it you're saying the Dems can't possibly screw anything up so if people complain later just remember I told you the sore losers would say that.

Nice to see the partisan bickering has ended now the election is over....
      New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid View Post
        I don't understand the point of your post. The way I read it you're saying the Dems can't possibly screw anything up so if people complain later just remember I told you the sore losers would say that.

Nice to see the partisan bickering has ended now the election is over....
        The point of my thread is to show that supporters and enablers of disastrous wars, rather than blaming their own policy decisions, are looking for scapegoats to explain the reason for failure.

Many, but not all, Democrats have screwed up and continue to screw up in the worst possible way by supporting this debacle called Iraq and by going along to get along.
        |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
        - I'm on the local news!

Comment

The point of my thread is to show that supporters and enablers of disastrous wars, rather than blaming their own policy decisions, are looking for scapegoats to explain the reason for failure.

Many, but not all, Democrats have screwed up and continue to screw up in the worst possible way by supporting this debacle called Iraq and by going along to get along.
          You would fit in great on DU. You are an idealogue.
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
            You would fit in great on DU. You are an idealogue.
            Hmm. The pot is calling the kettle black.
            |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
            - I'm on the local news!

Comment

No that's the hammer hitting the nail.

Comment

Hmm. The pot is calling the kettle black.
                Me? Please tell me what political party I trumpet! I don't even identify with the Libertarian Party due to their immigration plank!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

You're a self-professed single-issue voter, Cing. That kinda makes you an idealogue.
                  In game handle: Steel Scion
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler View Post
                    You're a self-professed single-issue voter, Cing. That kinda makes you an idealogue.
                    Ah, yes, if you want to define my issue as an entire idealogy, you're certainly correct. I'm sorry, I meant more along the lines of the actual definition of idealogue.
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

"Prone to fanciful theories." Like the boiling frog in the pot. :)
                      In game handle: Steel Scion
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler View Post
                        "Prone to fanciful theories." Like the boiling frog in the pot. :)
                        Hehe...
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X