Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFOs?

Aliens could attack at any time

Well I don't know what to think. On the one hand, this. A fmr military pilot friend is strongly convinced, based on conversations he's had with others who he said were in positions to know, that ETs are flying around our "airspace". My grandfather tells a story about his aunt and mother seeing a UFO. My father-in-law has friend who swears upside down and sideways that they had a "close encounter." They have a detailed and scary story about that.

And yet none of these stories is ever first-hand. It's never "I saw a freaking UFO and I swear it's true" it's always someone knows someone who says they saw a UFO.

Have any of you seen an a UFO? For me this stuff is like ESP or Ghosts: I don't believe it, but I don't have any particular reason to disbelieve it either.

Re: UFOs?

Interesting question. Can't say I've ever seen one myself - and that goes for UFOs, ghosts and ESP.

[drill][medic][conduct][tg-c1][tpf-c1]
    [ma-c2][taw-c1]

Principles of good Sandbox Etiquette:
    Assume good faith - Be polite, please! - Work toward agreement. - Argue facts, not personalities. - Concede a point when you have no response to it, or admit when you disagree based on intuition or taste. - Be civil. - Be prepared to apologize. In animated discussions, we often say things we later wish we hadn't. Say so. - Forgive and forget. - Recognize your own biases and keep them in check. - Give praise when due.

Treat others as you would have them treat you

Comment

Strange, didn't think the UFO threat would be around until the whole terrorism thing dies down. All joking aside, I'm sure there's something going on, although exactly what it is I can't say. I do think some credible reports that aren't being followed up just because its a "UFO" is a shame.
      Last edited by aeroripper; 11-10-2006, 01:06 AM. Reason: I spelled aren't wrong! Firefox spellcheck ftw!
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords.

Comment

I've seen a few documentaries on TV from the Air Force to Local pilot accounts. There have been very real documented encounters on several occasions with unknown things, i won't call them UFO's as that term is beat into the dirt.

People don't know what to think or believe but they see these things and report them all the time. I'll dig up links tomorrow if i can find them. I know Washington state has a reporting center.

- -

Comment

Well, I think that odds are pretty good that there's something out there that's more advanced than us. Whether or not they're visiting us isn't something that I'd even want to hazard a guess about... This is the sort of thing that I think the governments are able to cover up. It's easy to discredit any "kook" that comes up with a UFO/alien story.

Who know? I wouldn't be surprised either way...
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I for one can't imagine a technologically advanced civilization using space ships and clunky metal vehicles. A type III civilization (capable of vast space travel, harnessing stars for computation, etc.) is likely to not even use bodies. you would probably never notice them if they'd come. And I don't think they have, or will.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                This is the sort of thing that I think the governments are able to cover up. It's easy to discredit any "kook" that comes up with a UFO/alien story.
                You might be interested to know that there is a department in the British Government tasked with investigating UFO reports called DI55 (Defense Intelligence 55). It was kept secret until fairly recently. There was a documentary about it a couple of weeks ago which had an interveiw with the guy that used to be in charge of it. If the government wanted to cover up UFOs why would they have a secret organisation tasked with investigating them?

There is also an Americain equivilant but I can't rememebr what it's called.

Comment

Follow the money.

To quote the article:
                  "Mr Pope is continuing his UFO research in a private capacity since leaving the MoD and is recognised as a leading authority on UFOs and the unexpected.

He has written four science fiction books drawing on his experience at the MoD, and lectures around the world on the subject."
                  New to TG?

Comment

Humans have been here for hundreds of thousands of years. We have reliable history for about 5,000. Why would UFO's have appeared only in the last 60 or 80 years?
                    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Ezekiel saw the wheel. Waaaaaay up... in the middle of the sky.
                      In game handle: Steel Scion
                      sigpic

Comment

*queue Journey*
                        |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid View Post
                          Follow the money.

To quote the article:
                          "Mr Pope is continuing his UFO research in a private capacity since leaving the MoD and is recognised as a leading authority on UFOs and the unexpected.

He has written four science fiction books drawing on his experience at the MoD, and lectures around the world on the subject."

bang on the money.... excuse the double pun....

he has written masses about rendlesham forest incident in the 80's or 90's cant remember when....

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx View Post
                            Humans have been here for hundreds of thousands of years. We have reliable history for about 5,000. Why would UFO's have appeared only in the last 60 or 80 years?
                            Females have been circumcised all over the world for thousands of years. Why are we only hearing about it and passing laws against it in the last few?

Communication has improved immensely this past century. Radio, telephone and internet has changed our entire way of life. It used to be that if you didn't know someone personally, you couldn't talk to them. Now, we talk all the time to people that we've never even met.

So, it used to be that the only people that you could talk to about UFOs were friends and acquaintances that you didn't want to think you were a kook. Now, all the folks that think they've seen UFOs can read about each others stories in the newspaper, call each other and meet on a website.
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I don't want to believe in UFOs or Aliens, but Im telling you...something is out there. You can count on it.

"For Some They Had Family Waiting For Them. For Others, The Only Family They Had Were The Men They Bled Beside. There Were No Bands, No Flags, No Honor Guards To Welcome Them Home. They Went To War Because Their Country Ordered Them To. But In The End They Didn't Fight For Their Country Or Their Flag, They Fought For Each Other."

- Joe Galloway
                              "We Were Soldiers Once,... And Young"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...