Nintendo Wii in 9 days...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nintendo Wii in 9 days...

Anyone planning on picking up this console? I've gone back and forth on grabbing one despite my Walmart.com pre-order; I could always cancel it. I've been a PC gamer ever since I can remember, the last console I owned was a SNES.

At any rate, I think I'm going to get it and use it as my party system. Let's face it, being a PC gamer isolates you from others, yet having a console allows you to share in the fun. I think the games for it will be more geared toward multiplayer family/friend entertainment.

I'm going to grab the new Zelda (of course) and Madden to start and see how it goes. I'm really looking forward to the 2 on 2 play Madden has implemented. Now if only I had 3 friends. ;)
    It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Re: Nintendo Wii in 9 days...

Must... resist... urge to freeze self!
    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Madden on Wii looks like a blast, if anything, I'm getting the Wii to play that!

But, sadly, I'm low on cash right now... not to mention the dang thing is already sold out on pre-orders around here. So I'm thinking I'll be playing Wii Madden after christmas sometime :/

Ohh... forgot to mention... Rampage game coming out with the Wii, right off the bat! Woohoo!
      -

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx View Post
        Must... resist... urge to freeze self!
        LOL! I expect to get one just walking into Walmart or something.
        Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

I already bought the 360, and I dont think I will buy the Wii. I dont like the games that are available for it, and it looks too "kiddie" to me. I am somewhat already dissappointed with the Xbox 360,although I havent tried it on HDTV yet, and I am pretty sure that I will be sticking to PC from now on.

Oh yea, I was thinking about this lately. How do you pronounce Wii? Is it "WEE" or "WHY"?
          "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

It's 'we'. And I agree some games look kiddy, but the party/sport games are the only reason I'm buying it. It looks to have a unique ability to get everyone involved, and it should be good fun.
            It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

Ya, Nintendo has always easily won in the "party game" category. Super Smash Bros is too much fun over a few beers. They just need Guitar Hero, and I'll find myself back in a Nintendo console just as fast as I can get to the store. ;)
              Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I have always been a fan of nintendo for two reasons.... Mario and Zelda. Man Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess look amazing and will be the determining factors if I buy one or not... I have heard a rumor.. not sure if its been advertised already or what, havnt looked really, that there is going to be a first person lightsaber fighting game for the Wii... o.O
                Dizlor

Comment

Wow. Everytime I mention to my friends that I am considering getting a Wii, they laugh at me. Then, I laugh at them for having paid $400 for an Xbox 360.

Like Gogeta said, who can beat Mario and Zelda? I've been waiting for a great Mario game to come out since Super Mario 64.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
                    I already bought the 360, and I dont think I will buy the Wii. I dont like the games that are available for it, and it looks too "kiddie" to me. I am somewhat already dissappointed with the Xbox 360,although I havent tried it on HDTV yet, and I am pretty sure that I will be sticking to PC from now on.

Oh yea, I was thinking about this lately. How do you pronounce Wii? Is it "WEE" or "WHY"?
                    Kiddish? Is there something wrong with you? Because I honestly think, sir, that you're blind.

Call of Duty 3
                    Red Steel
                    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent
                    (Arguably) Trauma Center: Second Opinion
                    Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
                    Far Cry: Vengeance
                    (Upcoming Resident Evil Title that hasn't been named yet)

I'm certain that there are a few others I haven't come across yet, but those games don't look like something that are meant for kids.

Oh, by the way, Call of Duty 3 gameplay trailer for the Wii: http://www.wiichat.com/latest-ninten...y-trailer.html

There will be quite a few more games that don't fit the 'kiddie' theme on the Wii, you can be certain of that.

Here is how you may call me:
                    Ty (Tie), or Tychus. (Tie-cuss)'. Full pronounciation: Tie-can-dur-us
                    -Tychandrus

Comment

Didnt these come out today? Anyone get one? After seeing several videos i do think i will eventually pick one of these systems up.

Not only do even the "kiddie" games look fun, but those titles will entertain my niece and nephews when theyre over.

Plus, ZELDA! Come on!

Comment

Was going to get one, but all the walmarts around my area were out, but i am not worry about supply for the wii. I don't see anyone will have problem getting one by the end of the year. Unlike PS3 and back when the Xbox 360 was launched.
                        Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

Yeah, even in my backwater stores were getting 20+ Nintendo's each, and averaged 5 or 6 PS3's. I would suspect another big shipment to come out at some points before christmas yet.
                          a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                          Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                          Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                          Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                          Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

I just cant get over the low end graphics. It must be pretty fun to play.

Comment

Originally posted by dronetek View Post
                              I just cant get over the low end graphics. It must be pretty fun to play.
                              Then get over it. Graphics are not everything.

Here is how you may call me:
                              Ty (Tie), or Tychus. (Tie-cuss)'. Full pronounciation: Tie-can-dur-us
                              -Tychandrus

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X