No announcement yet.

Turtles Can Fly (the movie)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turtles Can Fly (the movie)

Just saw this today. Good movie.

And it is good for all sides of the debate about Iraq from a humanistic/artistic view.

It shows why we really needed to go into Iraq. It shows why we really need to succeed in Iraq. And it shows why we should criticize the administration and their handling of the invasion and occupation of that country. And it shows why it is going to be very hard to actually succeed there.

This is an artistic view point from an Iranian director. So some here may dismiss this piece out of hand. You shouldn't. I detected no real political overtones.

But be warned, it is not a happy movie.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed