Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't breathe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVW5_PJHzR4

This made the national news in the UK a couple days ago, but not many details were given. Anyone know anything more about this?

Re: I can't breathe

Here's a bit more detail:

http://www.hannity.com/forum/showthr...50368&t=169311
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,228598,00.html
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I just read a story about this the other day. Both officers were suspended and I think the guy throwing the punches can kiss his career goodbye. Strikes are sometimes the best technique for achieving compliance, and that video might have some relevant footage cut from the beginning, but in that short clip, I saw nothing that warranted strikes in order to get cuffs on that guy.

But we don't know the whole situation, so I'll not say that they weren't warranted. I was told that at one time, the suspect attempted to disarm one of the officers. That can warrant the application of deadly force all by itself, so keep that in mind.
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

One of the links I posted says the suspect had his hand over one of the officers firearms or holster and that is what provoked the punches. I saw nothing of the kind occur in the video unless it was something that happened previously and this was a second round of punches/elbows to the suspects face.

I agree with Cing, that officers career is probably over.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Thanks for the extra info guys.

Comment

There was an initial investigation when the arrest first happened, that cleared the officers. The followup investigation (based on the public outcry over the video) is still in progress, but so far the police commissioner is defending the offiers involved. Unless there is substantial pressure from outside *coughACLUcough*, I think both will probably keep their jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
              There was an initial investigation when the arrest first happened, that cleared the officers. The followup investigation (based on the public outcry over the video) is still in progress, but so far the police commissioner is defending the offiers involved. Unless there is substantial pressure from outside *coughACLUcough*, I think both will probably keep their jobs.

Whos turn is it? Jesse or AL? The person in the video looks white, so they wont get involved.
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

You could be right about them not getting involved. I believe he's hispanic, actually. The police maintain he's a pretty important gang member, one they refer to as a "Hollywood ten percenter". His lawyer denies it, of course.

Comment

the way i see it is the punches were not warrented, in the face, not to say the strikes could not have been put else where.... his arms were the problem, and his head was completly secure with the officers knees, would a blow to the pressure points in your arm, the elbo for example, would this not serve to remove the strngth from the mans hands and arms... your automatic reflex is to loose your strength...

i dont know, i dont know the whole story,

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

There is a technique where you literraly make a person act like a puppet. It involves the thumb and i won't explain for obvious reasons. It looks to me like the officer just wasn't focused, can't say i blame them i'd probably be the same.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                      There is a technique where you literraly make a person act like a puppet. It involves the thumb and i won't explain for obvious reasons. It looks to me like the officer just wasn't focused, can't say i blame them i'd probably be the same.
                      There are no soft techniques that work all the time on all the people.
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                        There are no soft techniques that work all the time on all the people.
                        Didn't Lincoln say that?

Comment

As someone who grew up in L.A. and witnissed this sort of thing long before Rodney King got rich off it...I can say I'm not in the least surprised. The LAPD is notorious for it's brutality.
                          | | |

Comment

so what exactly did he get arrested for do they say?
                            QUOTE : "Icsist has a little shameless behavior in the past"
                            Nice remark guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Icsist View Post
                              so what exactly did he get arrested for do they say?
                              Yep:

Vernon said Cardenas is a known gang member who had been wanted on a felony warrant for receiving stolen property.
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X