• Sad news

War takes good people.

Re: Sad news

:icon_frow

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
      War takes good people.
      What a shame :icon_frow . News media jumps all over this when its A SPORTS figure and write all sort of stories about them, to bad they don't do this for ALL soldiers that are kill in the line of duty.

Comment

I agree, but I also think more sports heroes, rock stars, and actors should be following Pat Tillman's example. I'm sorry he died, but I'm proud that he served.

Comment

Originally posted by maddog
          to bad they don't do this for ALL soldiers that are kill in the line of duty.
          No doubt.. bfd, he's an football player.. there's 700+ others that have also given the ultimate sacrifice.

I like how the newshour folks do it.. as they become available, the run a list of the day's losses in pictures, and in silence at the end of each newscast... very sobering.

Comment

Well I guess the thing about his case that makes it poignant isn't that he was a football player, but that he turned down a $7M contract to serve. He had wealth and comfort and turned away from that because he thought his country needed him.

Everyone's service is important, and each loss is personal, but some cases stand out and represent the best. There's nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X