Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy trapped in loo

Trapped boy rescued from superloo

A young boy had to be freed by the Fire Service after becoming trapped inside an automated public lavatory in Devon, it has emerged.
    The boy, thought be 10 or 12, became stuck inside the so-called superloo in Plymouth's Central Park on Saturday.

In a statement, the owner of the facility, JC DeCaux, said it did not know why the door failed to operate.

The firm said children aged 10 or under should not use the kiosks unaccompanied as they are weight sensitive.

A member of the public heard cries from help from inside the toilet kiosk which is situated in Plymouth's Central Park.

The fire service was called and the door to the facility was forced open.

The boy was said to be quite distressed but otherwise well.

JC DeCaux said without the full details of the incident it was impossible to be sure of exactly what happened.

Link to story
    I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Re: Boy trapped in loo

Originally posted by HSantal
    ...the door failed to operate...they are weight sensitive
    :icon_eek: Do WHAT? If you're not fat enough the automatic door stays closed? Did I read that right? That's really, really funny. *giggles*

BTW, isn't that also a fire hazard? (Yes I know most bathrooms are non-combustible but if it's near an area where you could choked by smoke I think it still counts as a fire hazard).

Comment

I bet that kid was relieved wacca wacca

Comment

Well Technically No Because The Door Will Open For An Average Youbg Person / Adult... If The Bog Comes With A Label Read The Label I Suppose.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by Geisha
          :icon_eek: Do WHAT? If you're not fat enough the automatic door stays closed? Did I read that right? That's really, really funny. *giggles*

BTW, isn't that also a fire hazard? (Yes I know most bathrooms are non-combustible but if it's near an area where you could choked by smoke I think it still counts as a fire hazard).
          Yep, sounds like a dangerous mechanism. If there's a weight sensitive door opener on the inside, why isn't there a similar one on the outside to open it? That would lessen the likelyhood of someone getting trapped inside. ('Course two kids could open it and only one go in...)

What's the purpose of it, anyway? People are too lazy to unlatch a door for themselves?
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X