Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Town Ordinance Asks Residents to Own Guns

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061116/ap_on_re_us/gun_law

Awesome. I wish it were easier to get a carry permit here in NY.

Re: Town Ordinance Asks Residents to Own Guns

I've heard of planned communities that required residents to own guns, but not existing towns. I bet their crime rate is LOW.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I didn't realize the looming threat that refugees presented to the Pacific Northwest.
      ---
      Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

Originally posted by Switchcraft View Post
        I didn't realize the looming threat that refugees presented to the Pacific Northwest.
        Never know we might have a potato disaster at some point
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Kennesaw, GA has had a law requiring heads of households to own a gun and ammunition for over 20 years now.
          Battlefield Admin() ()
          [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
          [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
          | for | |

Comment

Ordinance 208, passed by the City Council on Tuesday, asks Greenleaf's 862 residents who do not object on religious or other grounds to keep a gun at home in case they are overrun by refugees from disasters like Katrina.
            They are more frightened of brown people than they are of natural disaster.
            In game handle: Steel Scion
            sigpic

Comment

Nothing like an ordinance that makes you do something... unless you object to, in which case you don't have to (and there's no penalty for failing to do that something).

Can't I do that already without the help of elected officials?
              [volun2]
              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler View Post
                Yeah, great point, Steeler. We'd better send Jesse Jackson in there ASAP to stop all the lynchings.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler View Post
                  Why does color have to come into this, Kanye?
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Please. It's absolutely about skin color, and the perception that the African-Americans displaced by Katrina are more prone to crime and violence than the nice white people of Idaho.

Comment

Originally posted by thebleakaffinity View Post
                      Please. It's absolutely about skin color, and the perception that the African-Americans displaced by Katrina are more prone to crime and violence than the nice white people of Idaho.
                      Whatever.

Maybe I'm too naive, but I don't believe that skin color has to be involved in every discussion about Katrina refugees.

Crime statistics in Houston show that, regardless of color, crime has skyrocketed since Houston gave so much to the people of New Orleans. The sad thing is that if another Katrina were to hit today, I don't think they would be quite so quick to be so giving...
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by thebleakaffinity View Post
                        This is the kind of crap that's keeping racism alive in this country. Of all the people looting, raping, and killing after Katrina, it takes true racism to focus only on blacks. :(

Comment

The "looting, raping and killing" was widely overblown in the media and repeated ad nauseam by racist a-holes who liked the stories because they reinforced their previous prejudices. Some illegalities did happen, but the paranoid and hateful response of outsiders to imagined threats was greater than the actual problems. And the face of those problems on TV and the ensuing hoopla was almost exclusively black.

From the rest of the comments in the article about people from Boise coming in a causing trouble, you can tell that Greenleaf's town council is a pretty fearful, insular set. Is it really a logical fear to be worried that a major natural disaster is going to flood their town with criminal refugees? No. But they are worried about "undesirables."

What's keeping racism alive in this country is racism itself. Just because you yourself are not racist does not mean that people are not exposed to it every single day. Not talking about it doesn't help anyone except those who continue to be racist.
                          In game handle: Steel Scion
                          sigpic

Comment

if i remember correctly a larger percentage of non-blacks where displaced and moved in Katrina. Problem with houston is that these refugees where moved there with no real idea of how long they would have to be there. Many are welcome to return to their homes if they want, its just they dont want to because of all the free aid and money they where getting, and still are.

Back on topic...id dont see any issues with having an ordiance like this. Maybe more places will folllow suit
                            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                            -Vulcan

Comment

"Knight Ridder’s wire service (10/2/05) debunked the seminal stories of sniping at rescue vehicles, reporting that “more than a month later, representatives from the Air Force, Coast Guard, Department of Homeland Security and Louisiana Air National Guard say they have yet to confirm a single incident of gunfire at helicopters.”

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=2793

Sadly, the facts won't matter to alot Americans when they remember Katrina.

And back to the topic: I'm from GA and I stayed away from Kennesaw, one county over!
                              |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                              "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                              - Check me out on The Onion
                              - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed