Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a STEAL!! "Playstations, 3 of them" for only $900 on eBay!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a STEAL!! "Playstations, 3 of them" for only $900 on eBay!

Ultimate pwnage by ebay seller, lets go to the scoreboard....

ebay seller: 999095794307584 | PS3 Fanboi: 0

http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/20/o...ons-3-of-them/
    Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Re: What a STEAL!! "Playstations, 3 of them" for only $900 on eBay!

Hahahaha, I can't stop laughing.
    [squadl]
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Are they modded?

Comment

I feel so bad for him... NOT! Made my day, thats why i read the descriptions and tittles VERY well.
        Oyee

Comment

thats just wrong.
          QUOTE : "Icsist has a little shameless behavior in the past"
          Nice remark guys.

Comment

Even better? The joke $90,000,000 bids on the real Playstation 3 scalpers.

Comment

That is great. I thought of that a while ago, but then thought to myself, "Nobody will fall far this". I should have done it.
              "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

One of 2 things has happened:
                1) Someone saw it and created a new account to make a joke bid
                or
                2) New eBayer is stupid and doesn't know what's going on
                |TG| Lorian
                Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

I remember back when the ps2 first came out and people managed to find and print the manual from pdf and were selling copies of it on ebay for 300-400 bucks apiece because they would advertise it as "Sony Playstation 2" and inside the ad, they'd have a picture of the box, and down at the bottom it would say "you are only buying the manual for the playstation 2 console".

Stupid people were eating em up like hotcakes. Enjoy your 1/2 cent piece of paper that you just paid 300 bucks for! I still laugh at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorian View Post
                    One of 2 things has happened:
                    1) Someone saw it and created a new account to make a joke bid
                    or
                    2) New eBayer is stupid and doesn't know what's going on

or some dumbass was so excited at the prospect of getting one, they thought if i dont snap it up it will be gone in a few minutes and impulse bought it.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

On the one hand, the item title was "3 Sony Playstation Systems", so the buyer SHOULD have figured it out before ever clicking on it.

On the other hand, the item description includes this line:
                      HOT ITEM! Not PRE-ORDERED..HAVE IN HAND...All are American Systems

THERE IS NOWHERE TO FIND EVEN THE 20GB SYSTEMS THIS CHEAP....BUY THESE INSTEAD!
                      So its pretty obvious the seller was trying to convince someone it was a PS3, rather than 3PS1. We'll just have to see if the buyer is dumb enough to actually send the money, or if he notices what he bought before then. :p

Comment

Kinda sad how excited y'all are over someone getting ripped off.

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

People really need to look at every inch of the description before buying it. Oh, how many people these days attempt to 'legally scam' someone.

Comment

capitalizing on the excitement and stupidity of others is what makes economics function.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. -Lazarus Long

Comment

First, that an action is legal does not mean it is morally permissible.

Capitalizing on stupidity can't be permissible in every case. Consider Timmy from South Park. Suppose Timmy were real person with a lot of money. If I con Timmy into giving me his money because he's not smart enough to realize that I'm conning him, I would be doing something bad even if my con was perfectly legal.

Take another case, suppose you've got this homeless man who knows little to nothing about legal contracts. He finds a winning $100,000 lotto ticket one day, and you get him to sign a contract trading it for your timeshare. In fine print, the contract states that he does not own your timeshare, he just gets to use it once a month for two months, if you aren't there, and cannot rent it out or anything like that. The homeless man doesn't realize this, he thinks that he's getting a condo out in Hawaii or something. In fact, you've written the contract to make it look like that's what's going on if one merely glances at it. But, in fact, the contract states otherwise. Is it okay for you to do this? Suppose the homeless guy is so excited that he will get a nice place to live that he just doesn't look things over carefully. Just because he signed the thing and makes the trade legally binding, does it mean you've done something that's not morally objectionable?

Now, you may reply that Timmy can't help that he's in his condition. Fate played him a crappy hand. He turned out retarded. And, you may reply that the people who fall for cases such as the one we're discussing now are disanalogous because these people have a choice between being stupid or not, so it's okay to take advantage of their choice to be stupid. But, this can't be right. Nobody chooses to be put in a situation where they can be conned. They may happen to be careless. But, to be careless doesn't seem to me a choice to make. I don't choose to be careless. Carelessness looks to be a character flaw. But, one doesn't choose their traits and flaws. One may choose to do certain actions which reflect these traits and flaws, but I don't think someone can choose to be careless, or choose to be a jerk.

This really just shows, I think, the deeper point that choice is something made between alternate actions. Stupidity and carelessness are not actions. They are character traits.

Is it okay to take advantage of someone's character traits? Sure, in some cases. Is it okay to take advantage of someone's stupidity and con them out of their money? Is it okay in every case to do this? I gave an example where we should think it's not okay. Is it okay in some cases? I don't know. But, it doesn't appear to me that anyone deserves to be conned out of their money due to stupidity. And, even if they did deserve it, I still don't see how any particular person could be justified in doing the conning. It's not as if they deserve to benefit from other people's stupidity.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X