Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad couple of weeks for the police image

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/22/wom....ap/index.html

Three officers get shot serving a warrant, but it's police brutality because the woman they return fire on is old?
    [squadl]
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Re: Bad couple of weeks for the police image

At 92 years old, your mind can play tricks on you.. The cops announced that they were coming in the house, but how do you know the lady heard it? And who knows maybe her vision went to s*** too, maybe she didnt know they were cops, but reguardless the cops really didnt have a choice, they waited until all 3 of them got shot before they shot her to death.. Good job pigs.
    QUOTE : "Icsist has a little shameless behavior in the past"
    Nice remark guys.

Comment

Again, not enough info to really even debate this one.

Though maybe some of you police officers can tell me why you would send plainclothes officers to serve a warrant? I always see on the news a bunch of guys with at least the blue or black "police" jackets.

They don't even say what the warrant was for............

Icsist, It is entirely possible that a 92 year old person is a criminal....not probable, but possible.
      Course, when I turn 90, I am gonna start that heroin ring with my friend from Columbia....... :)

Comment

Be advised---this is a rant

I'll publicly ask all comers to this TG Sandbox forum to NOT refer to law enforcement officers as "Pigs". It's disrepectful and demeaning.

I'm not a cop and a quick read of my post history will show you that I come down as a strong skeptic on many of the posts that concerns police matters that pass through this forum. But, I think I'm not alone when I say that kind of denigrating language really doesn't belong here.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by freekyE View Post
          Again, not enough info to really even debate this one.

Though maybe some of you police officers can tell me why you would send plainclothes officers to serve a warrant? I always see on the news a bunch of guys with at least the blue or black "police" jackets.

They don't even say what the warrant was for............

Icsist, It is entirely possible that a 92 year old person is a criminal....not probable, but possible.
          Course, when I turn 90, I am gonna start that heroin ring with my friend from Columbia....... :)
          Im guessing since they where narcotics officers they where serving a drug warrent. And if they openly admited to having drugs in the house what was the point of the warrent.

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post

I'll publicly ask all comers to this TG Sandbox forum to NOT refer to law enforcement officers as "Pigs". It's disrepectful and demeaning.

I'm not a cop and a quick read of my post history will show you that I come down as a strong skeptic on many of the posts that concerns police matters that pass through this forum. But, I think I'm not alone when I say that kind of denigrating language really doesn't belong here.
          Completely agree.

Now for the topic. If this lady was white there would be no brutality issue, some white old lady shot at cops and they returned fire. I hate to say that but its true. But since she was black, this is what they get. NAACP/ACLU is gonna have a feild day trying to prove this crap and those cops have to deal with killing an older lady for the rest of their lives.
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

Two things come to mind:

First:
            Obviously the officers are justified in returning fire. They have to be able to protect themselves no matter why the firefight started. I see no fault in that part.

Second:
            The firefight could probably have been avoided had the officers been uniformed. Granny could've been out to kill a cop, we'll never know. But I don't think it's realistic to expect someone to obey commands if you cannot clearly prove that you are a police officer. Just claiming that you are, while in civilian clothes, at night, while banging on a door and holding a weapon, somehow doesn't seem enough.

Comment

100% behind you there,

Icist, do you not know that a number of people who use these forums are either serving or have served in the armed forces and law enforcement agencies... im sure it wasn't intended but come on show some tact.

2nd, i am sure there is more to this story, but two things in that article give me one response:

"My aunt was in good health. I'm sure she panicked when they kicked that door down," Dozier said. "There was no reason they had to go in there and shoot her down like a dog."

The officers had a legal warrant, "knocked and announced" before they forced open the door and were justified in shooting once fired upon, he said
              tough ****, old, mad, criminal, innocent, she shot police officers, the ONLY option whether a case of mistaken identity or not was to return Fire, end of story, you cant allow anyone to open fire on police without retaliation, they are there to do a job that job is dangerous, under fire they must respond to save their own lives... this is not brutality... sorry but whatever the circumstances, its not brutality, if some proceedural thing screwed up where some other thing must happen, well then the officers could be charged with neglegence, but not police brutality, the "Returned Fire" thats the defining line.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by Iamthefallen View Post

Second:
                The firefight could probably have been avoided had the officers been uniformed. Granny could've been out to kill a cop, we'll never know. But I don't think it's realistic to expect someone to obey commands if you cannot clearly prove that you are a police officer. Just claiming that you are, while in civilian clothes, at night, while banging on a door and holding a weapon, somehow doesn't seem enough.

yes in this instance, i agree, someone, Higher up than the officers who fired the weapons, should be brought on neglegence charges, if and ONLY if this proceedure is against regulations and current Law to go completly unmarked holding weapons to someone's house. if its not, then maybe this is a case which can be learned from (tragically obviously) and the current legislation may be changed.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by freekyE View Post
                  An officer wearing jeans and a t-shirt, with one of those raid jackets that you describe, would still be considered a plainclothes officer. The article isn't very detailed. But you're right, I sure as hell wouldn't do anything other than knock 'n talk without a blue or black vest that said POLICE in big, white letters!
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

The other side of the coin: http://www.insightmag.com/Media/Medi...r/Officers.htm

Comment

"Good job pigs."

Some of you are just so god damn pathetic you make me sick. Most of you make me proud to be a member of this group, a handful does not. (Same as police work).

And theres no sense trying to explain or talk to you, your too damn closed minded to know better.
                      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

You're not alone Grunt, using the term 'pig' for police officers is insulting and juvenile. There are several members of this forum who are in law enforcement. For every officer of the law who behaves poorly, there are hundreds of others trying their best to serve a vital function in society. Let's show them some respect.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo View Post
                          a good read leejo,

and its disgraceful that these officers are now considering if they will be sued or not when dealing with these mad people.... the3 fact is and should remain, that if you put the life of a police officer or anybody else in immediate danger, you loose your right to continue the control of the said situation and deadly force should be applied...

Magnum 50 i dont think you are alone mate.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

This happened around here and the buzz in the local papers is that the police had done a drug deal, not with the old woman, inside the house just prior to the shootings. They came in after the sale to arrest the man, made themselves known, and the woman shot the three officers.
                            --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                              An officer wearing jeans and a t-shirt, with one of those raid jackets that you describe, would still be considered a plainclothes officer. The article isn't very detailed. But you're right, I sure as hell wouldn't do anything other than knock 'n talk without a blue or black vest that said POLICE in big, white letters!
                              from the article i said all the officers went to hospital.... so im not sure if the news report could shed light on it, but there were "plain clothes" (as you describe them cing) officers in that video in the background who are as far as i can see them very visable... obviously we are talking about a 92 year old women... but in a case of mistaken identity or what, they cannot have forseen this.

just in case that sheds light look at the video again... you see them in the background in a few shots.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X