Magnum's tip of the day... watches...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnum's tip of the day... watches...

I love my watches... picked me up a new one a few days ago... A Casio Pathfinder, has atomic auto settings, no battery... runs from sunlight (Soloar powered), has a compass, temp, baro, alti ect ect... a really great watch...

Regular cost is 350 US bucks, (on sale at JC Penny for 275 during the holidays, FYI.)

But there is a catch... Like I said no batteries, runs off of solar power... so my advice:

If you work the night shift, don't buy a solar operated watch! lol

As most know, I work the night shift, the watch sits in my locker during the day... needless to say, it goes blank almost every night I work. lol
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Magnum's tip of the day... watches...

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
    :icon_lol: You know what, I think I'd have done that; buy a solar powered watch even if I were working night shift. I think I brain my damaged during my earlier years :row__642:
    -

Comment

Put it on your window sill while you are sleeping :)
      "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. sigpic

Comment

I got my house like a cave, windows all pasted up with blankets etc etc, lol... I know the solution, just saying I should of thought about that first. lol
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

i hear watches that run off batteries are all the rave for normal people. Great thing about those watches is they run day or night....rain or shine...you get the picture.
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

I just got a Tough Solar Casio watch, too. I work swings, though, and it seems that my drive in to work is enough to keep it fully charged. That's a half hour or so in sunlight, and then about 8 hours in artificial light (indoor fluorescent).
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

It makes you think about how much sunlight you are personally exposed to each day.

Comment

I love my watches... picked me up a new one a few days ago... A Casio Pathfinder, has atomic auto settings, no battery... runs from sunlight (Soloar powered), has a compass, temp, baro, alti ect ect... a really great watch...

Regular cost is 350 US bucks, (on sale at JC Penny for 275 during the holidays, FYI.)

But there is a catch... Like I said no batteries, runs off of solar power... so my advice:

As most know, I work the night shift, the watch sits in my locker during the day... needless to say, it goes blank almost every night I work. lol
                I have an older pathfinder with all the same bells and whistles, except it's a solar charged watch. So I can wear it for WEEKS and have it stay fully operational after only a day of being out in the sun. Usually just my drive to work and such keeps it adequately charged.
                Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR] View Post
                  i hear watches that run off batteries are all the rave for normal people. Great thing about those watches is they run day or night....rain or shine...you get the picture.
                  LOL..

I'm kind of like Magnum, I like watches too.

I have a relatively nice watch that I got many years ago for around $750. It's a kinetic watch that winds itself through simple movement. Just wearing it keeps it wound and in perfect time.

For the most part it's great. Never have to wind the thing, worry about sunlight, or change the battery. As long as I wear it a couple days a week, it works. :)
                  Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Also not good if you live in areas where you wear long sleeves all winter. Mine would go dead from not seeing light that way. I do as Panz stated, I put it on a window sill. I don't wear it that much anymore though, now I have a watch that is powered by movement. No batteries, but you can't go more than 2 days without wearing it or it dies.

Comment

I have an old Swiss Army watch that has been through hell that just keeps on ticking. It uses old out of date technology, something like baderys, bateries, or maybe batteries. It's so old I don't remember ;)
                      Retired 6th DB

Comment

I have watch with an analog face, it has the usual phosphorescent patches on the hands so you can read the time in the dark. And as all glow in the dark stuff does, you've got to expose it to sunlight for a bit to charge it up.

The sad part is I had this watch for over a year before I discovered it had glow in the dark hands. :(

Comment

I use either of my two cell phones (Blackberry + personal mobile) as a watch. I like not having anything on my wrist.

If I were to get a nice watch, though, I've always kinda liked the looks of leather skin bands.
                          A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Lol. Maybe you should get a solar powered torch as well Magnum.

This wristwatch may be better though, its really accurate:
                            http://www.leapsecond.com/pages/atomic-bill/
                            -nick 'Ale06'

Comment

I'm way too picky about watches. I also wear them on my right wrist despite being right handed.

Uuuuh, I'm trying to remember what the point of this post was.

Never mind.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X