Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "If climate change is wrong, I don't wanna be right!"

Climate change putting seals in the mood for love

"Male seals are reaping the benefits of climate change by having more sex, scientists have discovered."

Re: "If climate change is wrong, I don't wanna be right!"

This is an environmental catastrophe! The collective arms of Canadians are already getting tired from clubbing so many baby seals we soon won't be able to keep up!

Comment

This may be all well and good, but just last week global warming gave my dog the flu. It is also being reported that global warming caused Verizon customer service reps to cease recognizing the difference between $.002 and $.00002.
      A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx View Post
        This may be all well and good, but just last week global warming gave my dog the flu. It is also being reported that global warming caused Verizon customer service reps to cease recognizing the difference between $.002 and $.00002.
        There is no difference, at least not on paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Fush View Post
          There is no difference, at least not on paper.
          Well, there's a difference of opinion...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by RandomGuy View Post
            This is an environmental catastrophe! The collective arms of Canadians are already getting tired from clubbing so many baby seals we soon won't be able to keep up!
            Maybe it's time to bow to progress and invent a baby seal clubbing robot.

Comment

Dunno about global warming, but this is the weather in Montreal. People are used to skiing mid-December. This is a thunderstorm. It's 9 degrees C at the moment, 12 degrees above normal. Mother Nature is on real hard drugs.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Your metric system frightens and confuses me! Sometimes when I'm talking to little demons in my cell phone I want to jump out of my BMW and run off into the woods, or get a latte, or whatever. I don't know, I'm a caveman! But I do know this: if it's raining in Canada, then attention must be paid!

Comment

Originally posted by leejo View Post
                  Your metric system frightens and confuses me! Sometimes when I'm talking to little demons in my cell phone I want to jump out of my BMW and run off into the woods, or get a latte, or whatever. I don't know, I'm a caveman! But I do know this: if it's raining in Canada, then attention must be paid!
                  Last year, about the same date (I think it was December 16th), we had an 18 inch snow fall. 10C is 50F. Normal temperature in my area is -3C, or 27F.

Duh for Mother Nature. Dunno where she's headed!

Give it a few weeks, and we'll be freezing like we should be...

Cheers!

DB
                  Last edited by Dick Blonov; 12-15-2006, 04:16 PM. Reason: dyslexic spelnig

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

I'm very appreciative of the relatively warm weather. It'll give me a chance to get the snow tires on my car in comfort. :)

Some facts about Ottawa weather off of the top of my head:
                    - November snow never stays
                    - It is impossible to start an outdoor rink before Christmas
                    - even if it is 10 degrees on December 15th, there will almost always be snow on December 25th
                    - In 1999/2000, the first snowfall was at the very end of January (a very freaky year)
                    - In 2002, there were a series of 25 C - 30 C days in February
                    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

And I'm going to go back to enjoying my lovely 70 F weather now. Yay Georgia.
                      --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

I should point out that I absolutely love the changes in climate as the seasons change. It has a positive effect on the way people live. You find people very eagerly planning their activities so that they don't miss the best weather. You only get a limited time each year for snowmobiling and skiing and camping and swimming, so people don't let anything slip by.

I haven't tried living in a constant-temperature place, so I can't really compare, but I enjoy where I live.

(That said, there are plenty of people who complain about the weather. But at least it gives them something to talk about.)
                        Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I've lived in both, icky, and much prefer places with distinct seasons!
                          A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx View Post
                            I've lived in both, icky, and much prefer places with distinct seasons!
                            Yeah, I love wearing shorts, Birks, and Hawaiian shirts, but dammit, I'm tired of comfortably wearing them on Xmas day!

It was 77 degrees F here in Dallas today.
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

But you missed all the other silly things 'they' are blaming on climate change this week. Laugh it up!

World Cup Skiing Rained Out
                              http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/27/sp...rssnyt&emc=rss

Mildest winters on record may kill European skiing
                              http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...508321,00.html

Global warming continues to destroy Polar Bear numbers and habitat
                              http://news.scotsman.com/internation...?id=1868022006

Kilimanjaro's snows won't last much longer
                              http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/nation..._Glaciers.html

Do Economists Agree on Climate Change?
                              http://www.tcsdaily.com/article.aspx?id=121406B

And to sum up 2006's climate evidence
                              http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...685861435.html

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X