Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another great moment in higher education.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another great moment in higher education.

Another great moment in higher education.

Mine, that is!

Today I got the coveted "thick envelope," a FedEx Saturday delivery letting me know I had been accepted to Columbia University, and I expect to begin classes next month.
    ---
    Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Re: Another great moment in higher education.

Which degree are you going for?
    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Congrats switch! Columbia is a hellofa school to get into. Best of luck to you man. Buy stock in folgers (or whatever coffee brand you prefer).

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx View Post
        Which degree are you going for?
        I'm so far on track to double-major in poli-sci and computer science, both of which I really enjoy.
        ---
        Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
          Congrats switch! Columbia is a hellofa school to get into. Best of luck to you man. Buy stock in folgers (or whatever coffee brand you prefer).
          Just doing the paperwork that was required of me today made me wish I had one of those little MRE accessory packs, so I could shotgun some coffee without having to dilute it.
          ---

Comment

Wow, from Missoula to New York? Quite the shift in environment. Good job, and good luck.

Comment

Congrats.

Should be quite the adventure.

Good luck.
              (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
              (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
              (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
              Squad Leader pledge to their team:
              Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Nice one! Good luck.

Comment

Oh, UNIVERSITY.

When I saw your IM this morning, I thought I was going to have a cheap source of cocaine...

Congrats!
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Awesome, one of the best schools in the world.

I want to know what property taxes are like for eight blocks on Manhattan real estate.
                    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Congrats, man! College is fun....or can be if you want it to be...or it can suck b/c you spent all your free time studying instead of hanging out with friends, doing things you know your body would hate you for later (like going to a concert while sick simply b/c you really wanted to see a certain band live) but that you'd never regret, etc.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                        Oh, UNIVERSITY.

When I saw your IM this morning, I thought I was going to have a cheap source of cocaine...

Congrats!
                        I would posit that you were still correct ;)

Thanks to all for the congrats! If they were worth a thousand dollars each I would...still not have enough for tuition this coming semester. But it would pay ...rent? Maybe? What have I done?
                        ---

Comment

nothing that some federal loans can't handle, I'm sure :-p

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brass View Post
                            nothing that some federal loans can't handle, I'm sure :-p
                            HAHAHA! How greatly you overestimate the generosity of the federal government. I'm 25 (which qualifies me for the maximum amount of loan money) and i get 2025 per semester in grants and 6200 per year in combined subsidized and unsubsidized loans. So call it an even 5k per semester, 2k of which never has to be paid back cause its grants. But hes going to Columbia, 5k in tuition is probably about close to 1/4 to 1/6 of what he'll be paying per semester.
                            Student loans...lol!

Sorry to make you feel worse about the money switch, wasnt my intent. You could always be a new york cabbie for cash!

Comment

Student loans vary based on a bunch of things, not just age (I'm not even sure age has anything to do with it except whether you count as dependent or not for tax purposes). Unless Switch has a lot of income, he'll be able to get much more than $5k for a loan since Columbia's tuition and the cost of living in NYC is pretty high. For instance, I'm 25 and I can get $15,000 per semester in student loans. That's because tuition here is similar to Columbia's.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X