Behold the power of cheese

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behold the power of cheese

Cheese was announced to be too unhealthy for children and so they banned the advertising of it during childrens programs (England).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Lucky Shot

Re: Behold the power of cheese

but Kraft Cheese slices have 50% more calcium than a glass of milk, how can that be bad?....Leave it to the english to mess Cheese up. What next Pot will be legal
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Wait, you're singing the praises of Kraft American cheese food product slices, and you're accusing the English of screwing up cheese?

Seriously, though, an advert ban? WTF England?
      In game handle: Steel Scion
      sigpic

Comment

well, let me point something out that the article so blaitantly misses. it pictures a lovely bit of blue cheese or stilton, great accept i dont think i have seen an advert for stilton in 10 years. the adverts it is banning are dairy lee cheese spreads, processed cheese strings and the likes of highly processed 50% oil cheeses....

a strange source to use, but i will go there, i watched a very good production of south park on this issue, where a bunch of anti smoking activists were banning ciggarettes whilst their leader ate fast food product upon fatty product all day... obviously the juxtaposition being that both will cause premature death if abused, and i agree. i gave up smoking because it will kill me yet im a fat arse who still chows down on the latest fatty product. now im not going to say that all cheese is like this, but i am going to say that in a society when chilldren have more and more despensable cash, and every shop now seems to stock these non cheese oil (cheese tasting) products, that advertising it has to be stopped from being directed at children. its a 9pm watershed, after then they can advertise to the adult market. who knows maybe we will see a better selection now that their demographic has changed but im certainly not going to rubbish the idea off the bat...

oh and a word ofcaution if i used trust those yanks to **** it all up in a non jovial way id piss off alot of people in here. just some thing to think about hey...

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler View Post
          Wait, you're singing the praises of Kraft American cheese food product slices, and you're accusing the English of screwing up cheese?

Seriously, though, an advert ban? WTF England?
          you actlike its a new thing advertising ciggarettes has been around for a while now... as well as pre watershed advertising of alcohol.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

See, now I just want cheese. Like some nice Cracker Barrel on some, uh, well, crackers.
            "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
            -- Red Forman

Comment

Yeah, but cigarettes and alcohol have age restrictions on them already - you can't sell them to minors. Anybody can buy cheese.
              In game handle: Steel Scion
              sigpic

Comment

Well, there ought'a be an age restriction on cheese! Oh man, can you imagine those supermarkets which demand that their cashiers check everyone's id, even if they're 90? "Ah, ma'am, I'm going to need to see some id for that Cheez Whiz, please."

Comment

Cheese--my 4 y/o loves cheese and is happy to have nothing but. We resist that of course but I can't help but think how many here in the US see good old Kraft American as a healty nutritional choice. Perhaps this speaks directly to the worsening state of our nation's general health, eh? Ignorance is bliss?
                  sigpic
                  |TG-1st|Grunt
                  ARMA Admin (retired)
                  Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                    Cheese--my 4 y/o loves cheese and is happy to have nothing but. We resist that of course but I can't help but think how many here in the US see good old Kraft American as a healty nutritional choice. Perhaps this speaks directly to the worsening state of our nation's general health, eh? Ignorance is bliss?
                    and this is just it... we are a fat nation in Great Britain, and we are trying to stop our kids being worse, school dinners when i was a kid consisted of chips every dayt and ususally cheese soacked pasta (and chips ) with chocolate pudding, or burgers and chips.. you see where im going, well as a result of a campaign by Jamie Oliver, (dont know if you know him.,.. an excelent chef) to make kids dinners healthy, schools are actually serving "proper" food, chicken, just baked not fried, pasta in tomato sauces, etc etc... tuck shops have all but been banned, (i think they may have been banned) fizzy drinks machines removed from most schools. this is a sensationalised article that makes all this sound new, its not, adults are free to choose if they go to McDonalds, KFC or burger king, and what cheese they buy, but the truth of the matter is the oily substitute for cheese that this ban offends is only consumed by kids because its not even cheese its cheese flavored fat. that tastes vaguely like cheese. but they add oil to increase production and increase profit. we are killing our selves but as adults we know this, lets not add kids to the equation. and i know it should be up to the parents, but if there is a parent in here that tells me they have not given in to the whinging of a child about going to a fast food place or to eat sweets im sorry you are lying or dont have kids. if the parent buys his or her child fatty foods fine... just dont treat yound people as a demographic for fatty foods i think is the reasoning begind this ban...

and another thing i find brilliant about this line of thinking, is the daily guideline amounts that we have on most of our products now... they tell you how much fat is in the product and how much we should have on a daily basis as part of a healthy diet. and i tell you something it is a real eye opener just what you eat and what it really contains.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler View Post
                      Yeah, but cigarettes and alcohol have age restrictions on them already - you can't sell them to minors. Anybody can buy cheese.
                      i understand that, but ciggarettes are not advertised at all ever in the UK, and this is my point, we should not be treating chilldren as a demographic for these foods just as we would not for ciggarettes, whi because they both cause heart disease, fast food and fatty food will kill you just as easily as a ciggy will.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Cheese is no worse for you than fruit which is very high in sugar. the problem is not that cheese is bad for you but that the amount we eat of these things that is killing us all. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last fall and was shocked to realize most every thing that I had ever been told about healthy eating was wrong. We would be far better off leaving the cheese adds and removing the childrens programs from the TV. Get them off the couch.

Comment

Eventually, we'll have so many advertising bans, age restrictions, and outright bans that no one will ever die!
                          A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx View Post
                            Eventually, we'll have so many advertising bans, age restrictions, and outright bans that no one will ever die!
                            With no reason to live :madsmile:

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan View Post
                              and this is just it... we are a fat nation in Great Britain, and we are trying to stop our kids being worse,
                              The nanny state is trying to stop it. That's as bad as parents letting their kids eat too much junk in the first place. We're bordering on teachers conducting unlawful searches of lunchboxes at school, adverts are being banned... it's absurd. Parents need to take responsibility, and the government needs to get the hell back in its place.

I wonder how many UK laws I've broken by posting that? Probably a couple of human rights violations, possibly a terrorist offence (being anti-government oh nooooes!), and possibly child abuse by suggesting children should be allowed junk in moderation.
                              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X