I hate country music

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate country music

I really do. I pretty much despise country music with all my being. The guy in the cube next to mine plays it non-stop all day long. I am sitting here now with some God-awful guy caterwauling about how he should have been a cowboy. My ears are bleeding.

What do people that you work with do that drives you nuts?
    Retired 6th DB

Re: I hate country music

Originally posted by Wimpinator View Post
    What do people that you work with do that drives you nuts?
    Walk in my office, sit down, talk for 10 seconds, and then spend 15-30 minutes replying to emails on their BlackBerry...

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

You guys have jobs?

Wow.

How does one get a job?

JK.

I like older country. (1940s- 1980s.) The Tobby Kieth stuff today would be brutal to me.

When the country music stars started dressing up in p.j.s on stage while performing, I knew it was time to not buy any modern country stocks.

I work in a physical therapy clinic and do not check out the forums and stuff when I work. I am cool with the crew I work with.

However, with past jobs. It would be not doing your job, and making things suck.
      (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
      (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
      (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
      Squad Leader pledge to their team:
      Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Your only option is to out country him. Blast Bluegrass and Mountain Music....
        ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Shout WEST SIDE BEOTCH and empty a magazine into his cube, then run away.

Comment

Country music is the only way to go. Can't beat em, join em.:icon20:

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

leejo has the right idea....
              |TG-Irr|HatefullSix

If at first you don't succeed, you need more firepower.

There is nothing wrong with feeling something when you shoot your enemies... as long as that something is recoil.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo View Post
                Shout WEST SIDE BEOTCH and empty a magazine into his cube, then run away.
                That actually made me laugh out loud!

At my job, I work in a clinic, I listen to people talk about their bowel movements all day long, and Im Customer Service! I love answering the phone "Aurora Health Care Switchboard how may I direct your call?" and they tell me their medical history, makes me want to say "Excuse me, did you miss the "switchboard" part of my intro? Diarrhea and a burning sensation iwhen you pee REALLY isnt in my job description!"

When I am at the front desk, I have had people show me "things", Odd flaps of skin where there should be none, the rash above the crack of their arse, the boil in the armpit.... and yes, one man even dropped his pants right at the front desk to show me where he cut his thigh while gutting a deer. I love my job!
                "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. sigpic

Comment

There is one absolutely foolproof solution. Bring in a copy of ANY system of a down CD and play at volume for him to hear. County fans that ive seen cannot stand SoaD, and he will inevitably ask you to turn it off. Now you strike and tell him to turn off the country garbage and you'll be even. If he agrees, then let it go at that. If not, Tupac Tuesdays!

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                    There is one absolutely foolproof solution. Bring in a copy of ANY system of a down CD and play at volume for him to hear. County fans that ive seen cannot stand SoaD, and he will inevitably ask you to turn it off. Now you strike and tell him to turn off the country garbage and you'll be even. If he agrees, then let it go at that. If not, Tupac Tuesdays!
                    Tupac Tuesdays made me grin. I did get fed up yesterday and play "Word Up" by Korn followed by the rest of the greatest hits album. My usual solution is to wear headphones.
                    Retired 6th DB

Comment

Simply ask him to turn it down. If he gets snippety, tell him "Its a workplace not a hoedown."

If that doesnt work there are way better ways to show someone the wonders of varied music taste than system of a down......like Minor Threat.

Comment

Wear headphones and sing along to whatever you're enjoying. Loudly, and off-key.

I DON'T WANT TO WAIT
                        FOR OUR LIVES TO BE OVER
                        I WANT TO KNOW RIGHT NOW
                        WHAT IT WILL BE

Make up new lyrics! Have fun with it.

MAYBE I SHOULD GET
                        A NEW RANGE ROVER
                        THE MILEAGE SUCKS BUT UP
                        HIGH IT IS EASIER TO SEE

I DON'T WANT TO PAY
                        SO MUCH FOR MY CABLE
                        THE ROI IS POOR
                        WITH THIS UTILITY

etc.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo View Post
                          Wear headphones and sing along to whatever you're enjoying. Loudly, and off-key.

I DON'T WANT TO WAIT
                          FOR OUR LIVES TO BE OVER
                          I WANT TO KNOW RIGHT NOW
                          WHAT IT WILL BE

Make up new lyrics! Have fun with it.

MAYBE I SHOULD GET
                          A NEW RANGE ROVER
                          THE MILEAGE SUCKS BUT UP
                          HIGH IT IS EASIER TO SEE

I DON'T WANT TO PAY
                          SO MUCH FOR MY CABLE
                          THE ROI IS POOR
                          WITH THIS UTILITY

etc.
                          Or I could just laugh out loud at your post and annoy everyone.
                          Retired 6th DB

Comment

County fans that ive seen cannot stand SoaD, and he will inevitably ask you to turn it off.
                            County music probably does suck. I think you meant country music.

SoaD is good stuff, although I don't have any of their albums. I do have plenty of sisters of mercy in the same rack as my country CD's though. I also have jazz, blues, classical, baroque, rock, rock n roll, metal and thrash.

Care to withdraw your statement about country fans not liking the other stuff? :D

Tupac Tuesdays!
                            /Preps airstrike on your position.
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post

Care to withdraw your statement about country fans not liking the other stuff? :D
                              What I like about country music: Faith Hill :D

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X