Apple is the biggest supporter of DRM

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple is the biggest supporter of DRM

Category: Miscellaneous
    Submitted By: Apophis

Labels have certainly realized that DRM isn't the answer to their many woes, and with declining overall album sales, they'll be more willing to take chances. Great! But there's a powerful force standing in the way of this DRM-free panacea, and it might not be the one you expect: Apple, Inc.
    See article on

Re: Apple is the biggest supporter of DRM

I believe this story is classic irony.

The DRM laws the media companies pushed through congress are biting them in the butt.

They wanted them to control their property. But those very laws are now being used by somebody else to control the media company! The media companies have actually lost control of the media because the media is protected by DRM.

That is just so sweet.

That is irony, right?
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed