Military Bear Suit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Bear Suit

You know... just in case a bear comes out of no where in Afganastan, and trys to maul soldiers. Won't happen in Iraq of course because every one knows bears aren't native there.

Seriously though, the creator of the Bear Suit just made public, his suit of armor. It's supposed to be completely bullet proof covering your whole body and supposed to guard against improvised explosive devices. I don't know about you but I saw alot of open areas when he takes a knee or raises his arms.

By far my favorite part is when he says "Say you have to take down the enemy, you can take down 40 with this stuff, you just open this, press this and spray just like this!" Pssssh

Let me know what you think :)
    -Sirusblk

Re: Military Bear Suit

lol, that guy is nutty. Great music at the end.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Powered armor has to start somewhere.......It wont be too awful long before we have the suits from starship troopers (the book)

Comment

OMG crotch-clock!
        Retired 6th DB

Comment

*sigh*
          when this guy looks in the mirror, doesn't he stop and say "I'm an idiot"
          |TG-Irr|HatefullSix

If at first you don't succeed, you need more firepower.

There is nothing wrong with feeling something when you shoot your enemies... as long as that something is recoil.

Comment

If our military walked around in those, it'd build lots of good will!
            A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
              It's supposed to be completely bullet proof covering your whole body and supposed to guard against improvised explosive devices.
              Obviously the inventor has never been hit by an IED. a small 155mm shell will DESTROY that thing. But at least someone is trying.

good post
              "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

All this aside from a guys who drank too much Red Bull, let me see the test data or better yet let’s see him in a live fire demo if it is that good!!
                "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

How fun would it be to wail on that guy's crotch with a baseball bat?

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_Hurtubise

Can we say crackpot?
                    Retired 6th DB

Comment

He lost me when he said he used halo for inspiration. Leave it to the canadians to come up with this, just think of the exchange rate. Bear suit in canadia = Thong and T-shirt in US.
                      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                      -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by HatefullSix View Post
                        *sigh*
                        when this guy looks in the mirror, doesn't he stop and say "I'm an idiot"
                        Answer: No, that's the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx View Post
                          If our military walked around in those, it'd build lots of good will!
                          I'd hate to say it but I think they'd be shot on principle :/
                          Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
                          Obviously the inventor has never been hit by an IED. a small 155mm shell will DESTROY that thing. But at least someone is trying.

good post
                          I think it would be destroyed, but it'd keep the user in good condition, or at least I'd hope.

It's funny I mean he did make a bear suit that did work real well, of course whats the point, are you gonna go out and wresle a couple of bears?

I guess you could go wrestle some terrorists :row__573:

Originally posted by leejo View Post
                          How fun would it be to wail on that guy's crotch with a baseball bat?
                          Or better yet maybe a shotgun blast. Lets see if that world clock is still acurate :row__631:

Seriously, I think it's got a lot of, unnecessary stuff.

"Crap, I forgot my euros in my other pants!"
                          "I guess I'll just have to look up the exchange rate"
                          "Hey tim could you help me with this? Just pull this thing out of my pants"
                          -"Um, where is it?"
                          "It's in the behind... yah there... yah... Perfect!"

:row1_4: -Sirusblk

Comment

Ok. I live about 30 minutes down the highway from this crackpot. He is generally regarded as the village idiot. Now, I'm not saying his "inventions" don't have merrit, but they need to be a little better thought out and a little more pratical.
                            |TG-Irr|HatefullSix

If at first you don't succeed, you need more firepower.

There is nothing wrong with feeling something when you shoot your enemies... as long as that something is recoil.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
                              I don't know about you but I saw alot of open areas when he takes a knee or raises his arms.
                              Heh, I see a lot of open areas when he's just standing still. Hell, his entire throat is unprotected, you can see bare skin when he's talking.

Looks like bulky moto-cross armor to me. Eventually we'll get there, but this dude isn't even close, heh.
                              [squadl]
                              "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X