No announcement yet.

60 Minutes with Bush

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 Minutes with Bush

Last night I was reminded of how, as an American citizen, I am embarassed (and almost ashamed, at this point) by George W. Bush. A simple-minded, stubborn, poor communicator, and unwilling to listen to any opinion that counters his own are terrible - if not disasterous - characteristics for any leader to have. Bush manages to embody all of these while adding a strange air of discomfort into almost every situation he's in (on camera, at least). Here you have examples of them all, in writing or in video:

PELLEY: Final question. How can you escalate the war when so many people in this country seem to be against it?

BUSH: I'm gonna have to keep explaining. That's why I'm doing this interview with you. And I gotta keep explaining, one, the consequences of failure, that failure in Iraq will affect the security of the people here in the United States. And secondly, that we can succeed.
    Add 'inability to explain one's own decisions' to my above list. I think that even I could do a better job of explaining Bush's methodology than he did. The entire transcript (and links to video) is here:

Lastly, this part is for Karl Rove enthusiasts:
    For anyone who watches the video, which was shot last week - aside from Scott Pelley, Secret Service and the Marine-1 crew members, there were two men accompanying Bush from the White House to Air Force One en route to Fort Benning. Those men were Josh Bolten, Bush's Chief of Staff, Karl Rove, currently serving as deputy Chief of Staff. Having personally known members of Reagan's and H.W. Bush's cabinet, it is abnormal for a deputy CoS to accompany the President anywhere, or even have direct relations with him. The case of Karl Rove and the influence he has had on American politics is monumental, and it is continuing to this day (or at least last week).

Re: 60 Minutes with Bush

I believe President Bush and his Presidency can be summed up with two words:

Dumb and Decisive. A deadly combination.
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed