If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
It looks like Barak Obama is going to test the waters for running for the presidency in 2008.
Originally posted by Barak
And that's why I wanted to tell you first that I'll be filing papers today to create a presidential exploratory committee. For the next several weeks, I am going to talk with people from around the country, listening and learning more about the challenges we face as a nation, the opportunities that lie before us, and the role that a presidential campaign might play in bringing our country together. And on February 10th, at the end of these decisions and in my home state of Illinois, I'll share my plans with my friends, neighbors and fellow Americans.
So I guess we'll find out next month if the Democratic primaries are going to be interesting. :)
~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett
<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.
BTW, the first sailor to find that soundbite so we can put it in our cigs get's a free night, nay, a free weekend in Arcadia. And all the R and R and R you can take in in 72 hours.
Arcadia, the place farthest from the front lines.
I think a more up front problem would be the fact that she always looks like she's about to call someone an idiot, slap them and then rip out their throat with her teeth. And that's when she's smiling.
Seriously, though, I haven't seen a picture of her yet that doesn't show her scowling or pissy-looking. That would be a rough obstacle to overcome.
"I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo
John McCain vs. any other Democrat --
Any Republican vs. Hillary Clinton --
I doubt Obama would get the Democratic nod. And if Edwards does, the Dems are in big trouble. Hillary would lose if she does. My hopes are on Gore.
3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.
He almost won last time (or did win depending on who you ask). And his stance on the global warming issue is turning out to be not all that crazy.
But I like Gov Bill Richardson with Obama as vice.
Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
- "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
- "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
- "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
- If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
- "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
- "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife