President Obama?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Obama?

It looks like Barak Obama is going to test the waters for running for the presidency in 2008.

Originally posted by Barak
    And that's why I wanted to tell you first that I'll be filing papers today to create a presidential exploratory committee. For the next several weeks, I am going to talk with people from around the country, listening and learning more about the challenges we face as a nation, the opportunities that lie before us, and the role that a presidential campaign might play in bringing our country together. And on February 10th, at the end of these decisions and in my home state of Illinois, I'll share my plans with my friends, neighbors and fellow Americans.
    So I guess we'll find out next month if the Democratic primaries are going to be interesting. :)
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Re: President Obama?

Gosh I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that he'll decide to run.

Comment

Bahh.

He should just go ahead and run for Vice President now and save everyone a lot of money and work.

What is so interesting is that this the first time sence 1952(?) that both parties will be going through the same primaries and what not.

So twice the fun for us next year.

I wonder if the GOP will endorse McCain or give him the ol heev hoo like back in 2000.
      (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
      (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
      (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
      Squad Leader pledge to their team:
      Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Originally posted by leejo View Post
        Gosh I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that he'll decide to run.
        It's a pretty strong limb too.

I don't think he's going to be too distracted from his senatorial duties over the next month... Just soaking up publicity.
        ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

I have HUUUGE News.

LOL! I could not help my self.

BTW, the first sailor to find that soundbite so we can put it in our cigs get's a free night, nay, a free weekend in Arcadia. And all the R and R and R you can take in in 72 hours.
          Arcadia, the place farthest from the front lines.

PS, the extra R stands for rum.
          (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
          (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
          (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
          Squad Leader pledge to their team:
          Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

I don't like Obama. I would never vote for him.

HOWEVER, if it came down to a tight race to decide whether he or Hilary got the democratic nomination, I'd switch my registration to democrat and vote for obama.

My worst nightmare is hearing the dreaded words, "Madame President Clinton." I'd be okay with hearing "Mister President Obama" comparatively ANY day.

Other than that, I don't like the idea of a President Obama.

I like the idea of President Brownback, or of President Rice, but those are topics for other threads another day.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

President Rice would really make my day.
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                President Rice would really make my day.
                Yeah, that'd be cool. She probably couldn't win, though, because she wouldn't have a "First Husband" since she's not married.
                "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

but the fact that she's black and a woman would help her out in a very big way.

this nation is fooling itself to think that its moved beyond the race issue. we still have it, its just that now its milder and working in reverse.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

We also have footage of Rice lying, backpedaling, and generally looking foolish before Congress. And she has never expressed an interest in running. So it seems unlikely.
                    In game handle: Steel Scion
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler View Post
                      We also have footage of Rice lying, backpedaling, and generally looking foolish before Congress. And she has never expressed an interest in running. So it seems unlikely.
                      Wha? When did she lie? I would've thought that would be front page news...

Yeah, her disinterest would be a problem, though.
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                        Yeah, her disinterest would be a problem, though.
                        I think a more up front problem would be the fact that she always looks like she's about to call someone an idiot, slap them and then rip out their throat with her teeth. And that's when she's smiling.

Seriously, though, I haven't seen a picture of her yet that doesn't show her scowling or pissy-looking. That would be a rough obstacle to overcome.
                        [squadl]
                        "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

My predictions:

John McCain vs. Al Gore --
                          Gore wins.

John McCain vs. any other Democrat --
                          McCain wins.

Any Republican vs. Hillary Clinton --
                          Rebublican wins.

I doubt Obama would get the Democratic nod. And if Edwards does, the Dems are in big trouble. Hillary would lose if she does. My hopes are on Gore.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

That Gore guy, he is a wild card.

He almost won last time (or did win depending on who you ask). And his stance on the global warming issue is turning out to be not all that crazy.

But I like Gov Bill Richardson with Obama as vice.
                            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Hasn't Gore stated that he's not running, though? Unless I'm mistaken.
                              [squadl]
                              "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X