Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brat gets thrown off airplane

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16773655/?GT1=8921

I am so glad the flight crew decided to throw that little brat off the plane. The plane was already 15 minutes late. There were over a hundred passengers. And they didn't want to be delayed even more because some little punk wouldn't take her seat. The dad made a statement that he will never fly that airline again. Now I WILL fly that airline knowing that they don't put up with people's beligerance. Good stuff. Parents need to teach their kids how to behave. Especially on an airplane.
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Re: Brat gets thrown off airplane

Wow...

She's only a child. Some people have no patience at all.

Comment

Yeah dude. A 3 year old on a plane is going to cry. She's not a "brat" she's just 3. The parents failed to parent in this case, IMO, but lay off the kid.

Comment

AirTran officials said they followed Federal Aviation Administration rules that children age 2 and above must have their own seat and be wearing a seat belt upon takeoff.

By law she cant do what her parents requested and they got what was coming to them. I personally would have stood up and applauded them and asked to see their manager so i could let him know what a great job they did. Glad to hear it
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

A 3-year crying is one thing. Sure that happens. But a plane will not be delayed for that. They won't take off, though, if a passenger is not seated. She was crawling under the seat, hitting her parents, and refusing to sit. It costs the airlines a fortune for every minute a plane is delayed, so do you think they should just keep delaying until little miss princess is appeased?

Comment

Yeah, she might be a brat, but it's the parents that are at fault. I hope they didn't refund their tickets...
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

They refunded their tickets AND offered them another set of free tickets in compensation. The airline wasn't trying to be mean to that family, they were just trying to make good on their promises to all the other passengers on the same flight who were being delayed by the kid.

Really, that father has no right to be so offended. And I seriously doubt he's going to make good on his promise never to fly them again, considering they offered him free tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
                Really, that father has no right to be so offended.
                Oh really?

The passengers, meanwhile, were quite understanding and one of them offered the toddler a lollipop, which she rejected. Then the walkie-talkie woman returned to the Kuleszas’ aisle and displayed the raw tact and diplomacy of Donald Trump.

“Sir, you need to get off the plane,” she announced.

“What?” a stunned Mr. Kulesza asked. “Are you serious?”

“Sir, you need to get off the plane now.”

They got off the plane, while their luggage and car seat flew on to Boston. In the terminal they were directed to an AirTran supervisor, who told the couple that the stewardess was uncomfortable “because you have an unruly child who struck a woman on board.”

Mr. Kulesza was incredulous. “That was her mother,” he explained. “She hit her on the arm. Lady, this is a 3-year-old child we’re talking about.”

“Sir, we don’t differentiate between 3 and 33,” the AirTran supervisor replied. Mr. Kulesza said the woman proceeded to lecture him about child discipline, and how she would never tolerate her children behaving in such a manner, at which point Mr. Kulesza said, “You really need to stop talking now.”

The couple were also told that, since they had been ejected from the plane, they were banned from flying with AirTran for 24 hours.
                Incorrect way of dealing with it:
                Get off my plane, you're a horrible parent, we sent your luggage away, and you can't fly with us for 24 hours. Suck it.

Correct way of dealing with it:
                I'm sorry, but we can't hold this flight any longer. We'll take you off the plane so you can try to get her calmed down. Then we'll try to get you on the next available plane to your destination.

It would've achieved the same result, have cost less, and wouldn't have lost AirTran any customers.

Comment

With regards to fallen.

Yeah, this whole thing seems like one big cluster blank.

Do not really know all the details.

Hate it for everybody.

The rebate was a PR deal, no doubt.

Seems like a horriable waste of Airline money and time to have did what they did from the start to finish.

Here's to not flying in a airplane for the last 15 years.
                  (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
                  (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
                  (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
                  Squad Leader pledge to their team:
                  Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Wow warmonger, it was a 3 year old. Having a bad day?
                    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Nah, I just thought it was a funny story. Fallen had what would of been a way better aproach. Its just fun to talk about something that's not politics every once in a while. I got nothin' against kids, just bad parenting.

Comment

Ok :D
                        ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

I had military parents. I used to have to fly back to the mainland to visit relatives all the time when I was that age (we lived in hawaii) and if I or my brother had acted like that, we would have had our asses thrashed.

It boils down to the fact that we simply knew better ahead of time. We were instructed on how we were supposed to act and were expected to adhere to it or else. It just seems that parents these days are scared of diciplining their children. I know plenty of people wont spank their kids out of moral objections, but there are ways to instill discipline. You dont have to just let the kids run rampant. Simply rewarding them when theyre good and ignoring the bad and not teaching your kids how to behave is inexcusable.

I completely support the airlines decision to remove the family. Regardless of how old the passenger is, there are behavioral standards for a reason. When ANYONE buys a plane ticket, you sign up in agreeance with those terms and it states that if you violate them, you can be removed from the plane. Having the family asked off the plane is no different than a restaurant manager asking a family to leave a restaurant because their child is being a nuisance.

Furthermore, I keep seeing people say "its just a 3 year old" and such. Imagine if you were another passenger on the plane and this kid was causing a problem. How would you feel then? I'm sure you'd want the kid off the plane too. Try and be subjective about it instead of being sympathetic just because its a kid. Gotta learn to behave sometime.

Comment

There are two ways of dealing with the teachings of Good vrs. Bad:

-Positive Reinforcement: Like giving a lollipop to someone after doing something good

-Negative Reinforcement: Ex. Spanking or "No TV for the weekend"

The thing is I would like to know exactly how long they gave the kid to sit down. Anything more than 10 is outrageous and totally justified IMO. Personally I would give 5 min. after everyone is seated. That goes to say that the 15 min. might not have been her fault.

The airline didn't do a good job, they could have done better. The customer is always right, even if they are in the wrong. You must always apologize profusely even when you did nothing wrong. You say you did everything you could out of respect for fellow passengers as well as the family and you say you simply followed procedure. You should try to book them a flight same day and give them extra tickets or some kind of incentive.

Again it doesn't matter if the kid was a brat and the parents were horrible parents. If you think they're bad, I hate to see your future reactions. Honestly, I'm scared to go outside on Black Friday or Boxer Day. It seems all the weirdos and their familys come out of the hiding holes :(

Just my 2 billion cents :row__577:
                            -Sirusblk

Comment

I work at Staples, you know the office supply superstore :P. It's fairly quiet most of the time. But on black Friday it's frightening, it's like every mutated human and their destructive child have come to feast on great saving and free (after rebate) junk. So much ANGER!

Anywho, on topic...

Assuming the family didn't mis-remember how everything went when they told their story (I know people....not likely), the airline could have handled it better. If they did fudge the truth a bit (more likely) the airline still might have been able to handle it better, but weren't unjustified in removing the family from the plane. Fallen, I'll bet you've worked retail before huh? That was the best customer service line evar!

The video games are calling...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X