2007 Sotu

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Sotu

Anyone have some favorite or unfavorite moments from Bush's State of the Union? I must admit, Bush has given us some memorable ones - from the "uranium in Africa," the "axis of evil" and now this latest subdued, battered-but-never-beaten address. Overall I was impressed by this speech, I think it's one of his better ones. He should speak in front of dissenting audiences more often - it makes him explain himself more and actually display some empathy.

I think my most unfavorite part was/is watching Pelosi struggle with her dentures. If she can afford those Armani suits, why not get some better chompers?

My favorite part was Bush saying "the very serious problem of global climate change." Actually, that ties with him saying "give this plan a chance to work." Major changes in his tact and approach.

This is going to be an interesting political year on a lot of fronts.

Re: 2007 Sotu

A lot of paeans to bipartisanship and unity after 6 years of calling anyone who disagreed a traitor. I'm not impressed.
    In game handle: Steel Scion
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I thought his presentation and delivery was good. Very clear.

I saw her back there doing something with her mouth. You are right, dentures it is. She has been in Congress so long, and on the floor wathcing these things from a diffent point of view, she forgot that the Speaker is easily seen with the camera.

I believe "Global climate change"=Global Warming, no?

Really nothing speacial to think about.

My jaw about droped to the floor when he started talking about the success on the War on Terror. I actually think we have regressed in Afgahnastain, and we all know about Iraq.
      However, the info on stopping those tango cells is great news. Good work.

My favorite part were the three people he introduced on the balcany. Good clean stuff that was.

My dog Sen. Webb did a good speach later. I voted for him!!
      (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
      (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
      (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
      Squad Leader pledge to their team:
      Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Originally posted by Rick_the_new_guy View Post
        I believe "Global climate change"=Global Warming, no?
        No! There are three main camps:

1) B.S. - nothing significant is happening, or the Earth is cooling
        2) Climate change - the Earth is warming as a result of cumulative, climatological change which could be a combination of factors, manmade and natural
        3) Global warming - mankind is causing the Earth to warm at an unnaturally rapid rate

Bush's acknowledgement of 2 is pretty serious, he's never said anything like that before.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

News polls suggest his speech got something like an 80% favorable response rate. Thats pretty impressive for him.

I didn't watch the whole thing myself. Caught a few minutes and then got bored, figured I'd see the highlights on the news later. ;)

Comment

I just reliazed after watching the 6:30 news. No talk about Kitrina.

The Mississippi delta is probabl not a big fan of the speech.

Comment

I didn't get to watch the whole thing, but I caught bits and pieces of it, and I heard most of the rest the next day.

I just want to know where the Republican rebuttal speech was...
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                  LOL. I was wondering that myself.

Off topic: The thing my wife noticed about Madam Speaker and Veep is that Speaker blinked a million times a minute and Cheney was in some sort of stare contest with a spot twenty feet in front of him--the guy NEVER blinks.

After my wife pointed that out to me, I stopped focusing on the speach and started a ticker for the number of times the two of them blinked. Pelosi was over 100 times a minute. Cheny about 5. I don't know what it all means, but there it is.
                  ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                  No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind View Post
                    LOL. I was wondering that myself.

Off topic: The thing my wife noticed about Madam Speaker and Veep is that Speaker blinked a million times a minute and Cheney was in some sort of stare contest with a spot twenty feet in front of him--the guy NEVER blinks.

After my wife pointed that out to me, I stopped focusing on the speach and started a ticker for the number of times the two of them blinked. Pelosi was over 100 times a minute. Cheny about 5. I don't know what it all means, but there it is.
                    I think it's pretty clear what it all means...

Comment

Pelosi was over 100 times a minute. Cheny about 5. I don't know what it all means, but there it is.
                      The non-blinking thing means you are an alien. Check out Steve Forbes, the king of non-blinkers. It's true. They are all aliens, from another planet, here to take over ours.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                        LOL
                        I love to see politicians squirm.

Comment

Huh? Are you sure you didn't notice this on The Colbert Report last night?

I sometimes find that show annoying, but when he made the representative from Pensylvania say "Mission Accomplished", it gave me fits of laughter.
                          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by icky View Post
                            Huh? Are you sure you didn't notice this on The Colbert Report last night?
                            I don't subscribe to cable.

And I generally don't lie. :)

Unfortunately, the only time I get to watch Colbert is on YouTube...
                            ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                            No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                              I think it's pretty clear what it all means...

LOL, nice one
                              Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                              Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X