Obama + Foxnew/CNN = You have got to be kidding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama + Foxnew/CNN = You have got to be kidding

Apparently Obama spent one year in a muslim school when he lived in Indonesia for a year at ages 6 thru 9. Source

"researchers connected to" Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY) disclosed that Obama "spent at least four years in a so-called Madrassa, or Muslim seminary, in Indonesia." Source

And of course fox news is standing by its claim. That place is making it harder and harder for me to take seriously as a news station. especially when you give Jon Stewart so much ammo to take you down with, "That is HUGE!" (last nights episode). This really isnt gonna be good for Hilary's side, i was just waiting for the first pile of mud to be flung in this deal. Good thing Hilary doesnt have any thing in her past that would make her look bad.....

The ABCNews.com article noted that "Obama denied that the story was true, and Clinton denied that she was spreading the story."
    Well duh...does it really matter what school he went to at age 6?
    Last edited by Trooper; 01-30-2007, 10:29 AM. Reason: stupid spell check
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Re: Obama + Foxnew/CNN = You have got to be kidding

Looks like he is already being 'type cast' and labled as a 'baddy'.

I actually have a quote from his protocol droid on the matter:

"We're doomed."
    (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
    (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
    (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
    Squad Leader pledge to their team:
    Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

This opening volley in the game of negative, anti-campaign journalism was a huge misfire. This is a clear-cut case of a phony website injecting a false story into the mainstream media.

The NYTimes summarized things in an article yesterday.
      http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/29/us...ewanted=1&_r=2

None of this is imporatant (though the willingness of FOX to run with this is amusing). If anything, studying the path of the false story is just a reminder of how untrustworthy all journalism has become in the age of information.

Comment

sounds like the same kind of bad reporting that knocked Dan Rather off the hill.

Comment

Did you hear the scandal? Obama is black!

This is pretty much what FOX is reduced to. They get more and more shameless as time goes by.
          In game handle: Steel Scion
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler View Post
            Did you hear the scandal? Obama is black!

This is pretty much what FOX is reduced to. They get more and more shameless as time goes by.
            Neg. Fox is reduced to "Hillary OUTS Obama as black!" They can't even deliver the beating without trying to pin the blame on another Democrat.

I'm astounded they get to keep the word "News" in their name.
            [volun2]
            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface View Post
              Neg. Fox is reduced to "Hillary OUTS Obama as black!" They can't even deliver the beating without trying to pin the blame on another Democrat.

I'm astounded they get to keep the word "News" in their name.

Fox information station or Fox ideas that sound good drunk station or Fox stuff.

Its really sad that I give more news credit to jon stewart that an actual news program/station.
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

I thought this piece of the times article was particularly hilarious:

And in an interview, John Moody, a senior vice president at Fox News, said its commentators had erred by citing the Clinton-Obama report. “The hosts violated one of our general rules, which is know what you are talking about,” Mr. Moody said. “They reported information from a publication whose accuracy we didn’t know.”
                Wait, 'knowing what you're talking about' is a FOX general rule? Really!
                What are the other general rules?

Look at these fools on 'Fox and Friends' try to correct themselves:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBVMcLhx6DI

Who are these people? Can we send them somewhere far away, preferably now?

Comment

So what is bad about going to a muslim school? Tons of people here go to Sunday schools, and catholic schools, etc. I don't get it.

If they were teaching ID at that madrassa, then I would be outraged. I hope Fox can deliver.

Comment

Dude... he didn't even quote the spokesperson correctly... AND THE QUOTE WAS ON THE SCREEN.
                    [volun2]
                    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Just because I like the linkage (thanks Mosley for the entertaining "correction" video), here's the original segment as it aired on Fox News. My favorite moment (same as Trooper's, and Jon Stewart's - "This...is.... HUUUUUUGE!") comes at 1:12 in. If we could have an audio sig here, that would be mine.

Now that these guys aren't beating the drum for the party controlling all three branches of government, their entertainment value is growing significantly. This is pure comedy.

EDIT: Speaking of Comedy, here's the linkage to The Daily Show's treatment of the story.

EDIT2: Of course, reality hasn't caught up yet with Sean Hannity. The story's still linked on his front page, as if it hasn't been discredited.
                      Last edited by Beatnik; 01-30-2007, 06:40 PM. Reason: more hilarity
                      Beatnik

Comment

Originally posted by marstein View Post
                        So what is bad about going to a muslim school?
                        Because muslims are terrorists.

Note for the unaware: the above is sarcasm.

I got a good laugh watching the video where Fox tried to clear the air.

"Just wanted to clear the air, the magazine that we read and then used to create a huge fuss was wrong. They were wrong. What? An apology from us for being dumb and blowing the story up into HUUUUGE news? We don't need to apologize, it's the magazine's fault. Carry on."

Bravo, Fox, bravo.
                        [squadl]
                        "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

At least we know what the programming on Faux News will look like in a couple of months.

Comment

What the blank? The guy doing the weather is talking about the slow drips on the Senator's "baddy" image? "It really has been a slow drip for him."

These guys do not even care any more. They really do not. That was high school level stuff. I mean they have a great audience base, and I really do not see them losing it anytime soon.

@ The Dude. They will be fine. Their audience really could care less about the whole deal. But I see what you mean, if that thing would have been said about W, look out. IMO, it is the same caliber. I mean HUUUUUGE stuff to say that in our age of paranoia towards team Muslim.

And now to watch The Daily Show. Expect an edit later.

Edit:
                            The guys name is Douchy? That says it all.

Comment

So let me get this straight.

There is a possibility that

A. Team Clinton got this story going in order to put the hurt on Obama.
                              B. Fox news got this story going in order to label Obama as a baddy, and they made it look like Clinton did the mud slinging.
                              C. Some retard got this story going and Fox bit on it and was happy to throw mud on each of the two candidates, while receiving relatively little splash damage.
                              Last edited by Rick_the_new_guy; 01-30-2007, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement