Michael Oren, anybody heard of him?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Oren, anybody heard of him?

He has a new book out that is getting some coverage.

"Power, Faith, and Fantasy: America in the Middle East: 1776 to the Present"

This book sounds very interesting.

Does he have a political purpose in writing this book or anything like that?

Edit
    Just found an interview with him on NPR.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=7070098
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Re: Michael Oren, anybody heard of him?

Got the book today.

Certain nations of the middle east where independent Americas first foriegn enemy.

So it seems that the Middle East played a role in the adoption of the Constitution of the United state. And this is in the first 32 pages.

Going to be an interesting read.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Re: Michael Oren, anybody heard of him?

I have this on reserve from my library. Should be getting it in the next week or two...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X