Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overreact much? You win, Boston.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/31/bos...are/index.html

Considering that dozens of signs have been in about 10 cities for two weeks and this is the first time anyone has had a bomb scare, makes me wonder a bit, especially about needing to call out bomb squad to chase "terrorists".

Originally posted by CNN
    "It had a very sinister appearance," Coakley told reporters. "It had a battery behind it, and wires."
    If a battery and wires behind a lighted sign qualifies as sinister, I have quite a few fast food places that my local bomb squad needs to look into. And the police commisioner tossing out the whole post-9/11 era comment was quite funtastic as well.
    [squadl]
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Re: Overreact much? You win, Boston.

WTF?

Peter Berdovsky, 27, a freelance video artist from Arlington, Massachusetts, was facing charges of placing a hoax device in a way that results in panic
    I don't think you are responsible for someone else overreacting to a device that in no way resembles a bomb. And who panicked? I haven't heard any one other than the authorities panic over it.

Methinks they realize they look like asses and need to find someone to blame.

Comment

Peter Berdovsky, 27, a freelance video artist from Arlington, Massachusetts, was facing charges of placing a hoax device in a way that results in panic
      WOW, he better not get in any trouble. I lol'ed when cnn showed the picture of what it was with one of the bomb squad holding it up, classic.

• NEW: One person arrested, police commissioner says
      • NEW: Turner Broadcasting CEO issues apology for panic
      • Packages were promotion for Adult Swim show "Aqua Teen Hunger Force"
      • Devices included a light board that displayed a character on the show
      Just... wow

Seriously lets just laugh it off and be thankful it was something trivial and not the real thing.

Oh wait there's more:

Boston Police Commissioner Edward Davis called it "unconscionable" that the marketing campaign was executed in a post 9/11 era. "It's a foolish prank on the part of Turner Broadcasting," he said. "In the environment nowadays ... we really have to look at the motivation of the company here and why this happened."
      Somebody didn't flush the toliet in a public restroom along with a note that says "surprise!", call the bomb squad!
      Last edited by aeroripper; 02-01-2007, 12:56 AM.
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

[email protected] involved

I seriously don't blame someone for calling the cops though. If I was in a large city and I saw someone stick a strange device on a bridge and then drive away, I would do the same. It really depends on where the device was placed and what was seen.

And everyone knows that once an unknown device is found, they ALWAYS take it VERY seriously. They blew up a purse someone dropped in the parking lot of a bank where I live, and it isn't exactly terrorist-central.
        Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

ug. they shut down the harbor, river, and main N/S highway through the city. pretty drastic, but better safe than sorry i guess... it was their placement that set it all off... on and under bridges, at a subway stop, by a hosptial, etc, etc... when all these calls came in to the police of unidentified 'devices', i think they did the right thing... or at least the right thing based on what the dolts on the street were saying they were seeing.

Comment

Well I don't know about you, but I think a whole lot more of us will be watching adult swim from now on.
            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Ignignokt ftw!

Comment

Overreacting or not, how come it took two weeks for people to say something? Are people that oblivious to their surroundings that nobody either cared or noticed?
                "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

The terrorists have clearly won. An entire city wets its pants and drops to its knees at the sight of a bunch of Lite Brites. I find it very comical that the officials are all lining up to self-righteously denounce this unconscionable, reckless act, not because they're really concerned for citizens' safety, but because they now look like enormous jackasses.
                  In game handle: Steel Scion
                  sigpic

Comment

No, BigC, I suspect that it took two weeks because everyone who saw the ads was thinking, "Dang, Aqua Teen Hunger Force! Sweeeet!"
                    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler View Post
                      The terrorists have clearly won.
                      They've certainly won the media-driven fear-mongering war. The only thing missing from this picture is raising the terror alert level.

Comment

meh, fairly bomby i guess

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler View Post
                          The terrorists have clearly won.
                          Well at least the game is finally over. It was getting tiresome.

Still, it's going to leave us with fewer things to talk about.
                          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

This was too funny. But it's all fun and games until someone gets arrested under "terrorism" charges. Can they really arrest that guy? Well, I mean, they did...but this was just an employee of the company who paid this guy to plant them around Boston. I hope Turner puts all his resources into getting this poor guy out of jail rather than let him hang. I'm sure Teddy's feeling just as embarassed as Boston right now.

Oh you guys in Boston...thanks for the good laugh. I hope one of you managed to get a sign. They're gonna be HOT on ebay!

I want one.
                            | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                              Ignignokt ftw!
                              Whatever that means Ferris, I am with you.

Wow.

Once again, a complete goat blank.

A cluster blank, just like the family getting thrown out of the plane.

So many things done wrong by everybody, I do not know where to begin, and I am not going to read or watch into this anymore (watched the CNN video).

____

funny commints by all.

BTW, I tried watching the show in college (I do not have cable here at home), I do not like it.) Seems to be well. Been on the air for four-five years right?.
                              Last edited by Rick_the_new_guy; 02-01-2007, 08:44 PM.
                              (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
                              (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
                              (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
                              Squad Leader pledge to their team:
                              Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement