love makes you stupid, especially astronauts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• love makes you stupid, especially astronauts

When she found out that Shipman was flying to Orlando from Houston, Nowak decided to confront her, according to the arrest affidavit. Nowak raced from Houston to Orlando wearing diapers so she wouldn't have to stop to urinate, authorities said.
    http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/A...rtner=homepage

story about an astronaut from last year's mission to the space station. she has a crush on the shuttle captain, but he's dating another astronaut (i think a lot of this is in her imagination). one day she drives 800 miles from Houston to Orlando to confront her "rival."

the details kill me: she wore a disguise. she has been charged with attempted kidnapping. police found a love letter to the captain in her car. and then there's the diaper thing.

i can just imagine what it would have been like to be there in Orlando when astronaut Nowak unveiled her nefarious plan, diapers soggy, poorly disguised, horribly misguided, and yet intent on doing some damage.

Re: love makes you stupid, especially astronauts

Not to mention that she's already married to another man.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

After the initial wtf, I find the whole thing to be extremely comical.

*Edit*

Alls fair in love and star wars

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

Originally posted by derdmeh View Post
        http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/A...rtner=homepage

story about an astronaut from last year's mission to the space station. she has a crush on the shuttle captain, but he's dating another astronaut (i think a lot of this is in her imagination). one day she drives 800 miles from Houston to Orlando to confront her "rival."

the details kill me: she wore a disguise. she has been charged with attempted kidnapping. police found a love letter to the captain in her car. and then there's the diaper thing.

i can just imagine what it would have been like to be there in Orlando when astronaut Nowak unveiled her nefarious plan, diapers soggy, poorly disguised, horribly misguided, and yet intent on doing some damage.
        When you consider the meticulous planning, it's actually pretty scary. Drives non-stop 900 miles, in a disguise. Brings extra gas and a diaper so she doesn't have to stop anywhere with security cameras or potential witnesses, leaving no record of her trip. Followed the other woman after she disembarked from the the plane to her car... The plan only goes awry at the last minute when the other woman got suspicious and managed to escape (but not before being pepper sprayed).

Also in her posession: rubber hose, a knife, a hammer and lots of garbage bags.

Sounds to me like the victim would have been tortured to death, followed by the astronaut sitting at home pretending like nothing happened while the Orlando police scratch their chins in puzzlement over the killer's identity. Obsessed and highly intelligent would-be murderers are pretty scary.

Comment

Astronauts gone wild?
          Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
          Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by jepzilla View Post
            When you consider the meticulous planning, it's actually pretty scary. Drives non-stop 900 miles, in a disguise. Brings extra gas and a diaper so she doesn't have to stop anywhere with security cameras or potential witnesses, leaving no record of her trip. Followed the other woman after she disembarked from the the plane to her car... The plan only goes awry at the last minute when the other woman got suspicious and managed to escape (but not before being pepper sprayed).

Sounds to me like the victim would have been tortured to death, followed by the astronaut sitting at home pretending like nothing happened while the Orlando police scratch their chins in puzzlement over the killer's identity. Obsessed and highly intelligent would-be murderers are pretty scary.
            good point, i hadn't paid close enough attention to her end-game. and it didn't occur to me that diapers were to escape video cameras at rest stops. amazing, and scary.

Comment

What happened to the days when 1 in 7 murders was even investigated. I guess the days of the hitman are over. Now you have to crap your pants just to take someone out. You call that civilized?

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
                What happened to the days when 1 in 7 murders was even investigated. I guess the days of the hitman are over. Now you have to crap your pants just to take someone out. You call that civilized?
                Attractive and successfull white woman, tortured to death?

It'd be CNN's wet dream.

Comment

what the hell did she plan on doing with the bee-bee gun...? sting her to death?

sounds like this crazy beotch got on some bad dope!

Comment

Attractive and successfull white woman, tortured to death?

It'd be CNN's wet dream.

And Fox would "find" she is a Muslim and consider her a terrorist.

her husband should get out of dodge before they let her out. Guess they are gonna screen the girls that enter the program alittle better.

"Um do you find the captain cute, and if you did would you stalk him and wear diapers"?
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

Wow, did you see her photo? Looks like something out of the The Faces of Meth Addiction thread.

The face that drove her to madness:

~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                      No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

The smoking gun has the affidavit posted. Weird story.
                        ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

She can't get enough of the zero-gee lovin'. Gunther approves.

Comment

With apologies to The Proclaimers

When I wake up yeah I know I'm gonna be
                            I'm gonna be the woman who wakes up next to you
                            When I go out yeah I know I'm gonna be
                            I'm gonna be the woman who goes along with you
                            If I get drunk yes I know I'm gonna be
                            I'm gonna be the woman who gets drunk next to you
                            And if I haver yeah I know I'm gonna be
                            I'm gonna be the woman who's havering to you

But I would drive 900 miles
                            And I would drive 900 more
                            Just to be the woman who drove 1800 miles
                            in diapers to pepper spray you, tie you up, cut you, shoot you with a BB gun and beat you to death with a hammer.

Hmm, doesn't quite have the same rhythm somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind View Post

The face that drove her to space madness:

Quote and picture updated for accuracy. ;)
                              Beatnik

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X