WASTED...need help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WASTED...need help.

Im writing this thread under the "influence", im back from an awsome party (note the time) and there were boos. I want to know your best remedys from recovering from a hang over, I have work today in 6 hours and i need to sober up. Ill read this in the morning.
    thanks; ablindeman out
    AKA
    USMCSierraJuan
    Sierra_6177

Defabian

Re: WASTED...need help.

Nothing can sober you up except for time. And depending on your metabolism and the amount you drink, you could be legally intoxicated ten hours after you've stopped drinking. Keep that in mind if you really drank a lot...

Hangovers are prevented by staying hydrated while maintaining electrolyte balance. I always drink a quart of Gatorade and take a multivitamin before going to bed after a long day of drinking, and that seems to work for me to prevent hangovers. The problem then becomes one of managing to rouse yourself enough to make it to the bathroom for urinary functions. I've solved this problem by simply passing out in the shower with the hot water running. Of course, if your water heater is too small, that would NOT work...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Woah didn't realize that...

Good advice Bom.
      Retired 6th DB

Comment

It's probably not a good idea, but what's done is done. Stay away from caffeine though.
        |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
        [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando
          I don't think it's a good idea to give hangover advice to the underaged.
          I didn't know that he's underaged (how do you guys know? I checked his profile...), and I think that recovery advice is quite different from encouraging him to go out drinking. I would not give advice to a minor on how to acquire alcohol for a party or anything like that...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Wimpinator View Post
            Woah didn't realize that...

Good advice Bom.

You wasted to, because Cing posted before Bom. My way of getting rid of hangovers, is to NEVER drink enough to have one.
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

First off, as Cing said, there is NO cure for hangovers. People will tell you about miracle cures like eating raw eggs (which is a serious health hazard), or that protein shakes do wonders, or sleeping standing on your head or such like those. Theyre all false.

Some real things that can help you out: Vitamins, Hydration (water, gatorade or pedialyte are champs), ACTIVATED Charcoal Pills taken while or immediately after drinking (read the activated part. dont go eating barbecue briquettes as you'll wind up either dead or in the hospital), and Time. A frequent mistake is to take asprin for hangovers, dont do it. Asprin throws your sodium levels out of whack, as well as several other bodily chemicals, just enough to make it last longer. Your best bet is to just rough it out, drink fluids, eat fluffy foods (like breads, meats, anything hearty [soup is excellent]), avoid bright light and loud noise. Above all, plan ahead. If you have to be at work/school early in the morning, cut yourself off early. Any responsible drinker will tell you that half of a good night of drinking is self control. Know when it's time to stop and dont fall for the "awwww, cmon man, just one more shot/round/kegstand/whatever".

You wouldnt believe how many overly drunk people I have to treat in the hospital, and how many accidents are caused by people in the morning hours because theyre hungover. PLEASE, if you go out drinking (and this goes for EVERYONE), have a designated driver and if you dont feel well in the morning to the point where it could even possibly effect your driving, call in sick. It's better to wind up getting yelled at by your boss than to be dead or in my ICU with broken bones and a breathing machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR] View Post
                My way of getting rid of hangovers, is to NEVER drink enough to have one.
                Ditto. Was hungover once (was underaged as well, but that's in the past), hated the effect, swore off drinking till I was 21. When I was 21, began to acquire taste for beer. Drank responsibly ever since.

All in all, drank happily ever after.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brass View Post
                  You mean "drunk happily ever after", right?
                  former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

The cure... keep on drinkin.
                    Battlefield Admin() ()
                    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                    | for | |

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                      People will tell you about miracle cures like eating raw eggs (which is a serious health hazard)...
                      Raw eggs in America are actually pretty much safe. The chance of getting sick from eating them is pretty miniscule.

But I doubt they do anything for hangovers.

Comment

I have a couple friends that are cops. We had a similar conevrsation one night, and I was told by them, the best time for them to nail DWI drivers was early morning. Apparently, people will usually have a DD at night while they are drinking, or take a cab, but after a night of heavy drinking followed by some sleep, they wake up feeling not very drunk, or perfectly OK. But, their blood alcohol levels are still above the legal limit. They get pulled over, or hit a RIDE checkpoint, and blow over the limit, getting an instant suspension (or jail time, depending on priors)
                        |TG-Irr|HatefullSix

If at first you don't succeed, you need more firepower.

There is nothing wrong with feeling something when you shoot your enemies... as long as that something is recoil.

Comment

My favorite aid to help me with hangovers is Pedialyte. It works wonders for rehydrating you. As everyone has said already, though, time is the only thing that really works. Call in sick if you need.
                          "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Stay away from Tylenol and Excedrin, their main ingredients turn toxic to the liver when mixed with alcohol.
                            USAR

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brass View Post
                              Ditto. Was hungover once (was underaged as well, but that's in the past), hated the effect, swore off drinking till I was 21. When I was 21, began to acquire taste for beer. Drank responsibly ever since.

I am in this slow boat to the Orient as well. From past experiences I have come to like quality over quantity. Nothing like a 25 or 50 year old Single Malt Scotch to make a bad day just a tad bit brighter.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X