Fox 1/2 hour news hour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox 1/2 hour news hour

Forgive me if this has already been posted. I couldn't find anything about it.

Anyways:Here you go

I seriously felt like I was watching a parody of SNL or MAD TV. It's hard to explain... this feels like something written by two guys who think farting on each other's head is good comedy. While it can be funny, you just can't make a TV show out of it.

I think FOX completely missed that point of the Daily Show. Stewart lampoons the mass-media in general, yet he's viewed as a liberal mouth-piece.

Re: Fox 1/2 hour news hour

i think its just a foxnews version of the colbert report no? although the commercial about gay penguins and sean penn was funny.
    Current member of the

Comment

You'd think that FOX would have the budget for better sounding canned laughter.
      A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Jon Stewart may not be what most people would consider a left wing mouthpiece on the show, but he is VERY politically active outside the show, and his marketability with daily show fans makes him a strong influence on that front. Dont get me wrong, i dont draw up political affilitations, but I still love the daily show.

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx View Post
          You'd think that FOX would have the budget for better sounding canned laughter.
          I thought the same thing. If you can't get a live audience to laugh at it, you know the material's not funny.

Obama's new magazine is going to called "B.O."? Like Body Odor? HILARIOUS!!! Genius!

It was entertaining to see The Daily Show format so blatantly ripped off and seeing all of those elements fall flat without actual, you know, humor or wit. :)
          Beatnik

Comment

i don't think the show would last to long wrong audience for it imo.
            Current member of the

Comment

I heard it sucked.
              ------------

------------

Comment

For some reason I got flashbacks of Clockwork Orange when I saw that... good thing I could close my eyes. Seriously though, this is as bad (production, writing, performance wise) as Canada's "This hour has 22 minutes," which used to be a great show, note the similar names, they probably share the same writing staff... Sea Manatees in a large aquarium that move idea balls to the writers. Sorry had to get a Southpark reference in there somehow.

Comment

Fox doesn't know that already has a 24-hour news parody network. You know, the 'fair and balanced' one. It has all sorts of hilarious 'news' personalities!

Comment

That one clip was terrible. It'll be a resounding failure if the rest of the shows are that way.

By the way, I heard an interview with one of the two writers on the show (most tv shows have many, many writers which might help to explain). He did 8 years on the Bill Mahr show. Now, I can't stand Bill Mahr, but the writing is way better than this clip showed, and how the hell did a conservative end up on Bill Mahr's show?

Also, the show was filmed in front of a live audience, not canned. I'm guessing the laughter was forced, bribed, cajoled and therefore laugh track sounding.
                    New to TG?

Comment

I thought it was pretty funny.......

Comment

I can already hear it... "Republicans hate black people... this is racially motivated." Great.

Still a funny clip... and what's wrong with the name Hussein? One of the doctor's at my family practice has a last name of Hussein. :o

()

Comment

i hate bill maur. why does hbo put on his show.
                          Current member of the

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid View Post
                            Also, the show was filmed in front of a live audience, not canned. I'm guessing the laughter was forced, bribed, cajoled and therefore laugh track sounding.
                            If it really had an audience, they must have sweetened it after the fact. In my professional opinion, there are some definite canned audio samples in the laughter.
                            In game handle: Steel Scion
                            sigpic

Comment

I didn't see it myself, so I can't speak to the quality, but apparently the Nielsen Ratings for the show put up some pretty good numbers.

Of course, thats just for the 2-episode pilot, so we'll have to see if they can maintain those kind of ratings after people have a chance to decide if its worth coming back to.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X