argh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• argh

A few of you may remember me mentioning my good friend who's in Baghdad (Sadr City, specifically) with the 1st Cav there. His little brother (also a friend) is also stationed in Iraq, and is a Ranger embedded with the Iraqi National Guard outside of Bagdhad. Today he was shot in the back, while on partol with them. Somehow the bullet found its way around the kevlar body armor, but he's apparently been stabilized and being airlifted out to Germany as I type this. That's all we know right now.

Don't really know the point of this post... But Dave always was (is) as gung ho a soldier as I've ever met, even more so than his brother Phil. He's a Lieutennant and readily volunteered to join up and serve well after we invaded Iraq, fully knowing that he'd be fighting over there. I thought he was crazy at the time, but still had the utmost respect for him - he's certainly got more heart than I do.

I think that's important to at least recognize - there are thousands of young guys that have volunteered and are choosing to serve despite the incredibly dangerous environment over there, and it is still a very very dangerous place.

This sucks.
    Beatnik

Re: argh

Dammit. I hope he's ok.
    In game handle: Steel Scion
    sigpic

Comment

I'm glad he's alive. Send him our regards for his bravery and sacrifice.
      -Zephyr
      You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
      We are not a single game.
      We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
      We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

The best of luck to him. My prayers go out to him and all of our troops.
        "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

I am really sad to hear this, but relieved that he is stable. Those Doc's in Germany are some of the best, so be assured that he is in good hands. My thoughts and prayers are with him.:(
          "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

I know the feelings you may have now, my father served in the army for 12 years, sometimes we wouldnt be able to comunicate with him over a long period of time, to add insult to injury, the news wouldnt be able to give us the info we needed so dearly to know if our beloved father was still alive. Hes now retired as a gunery sargent. He has put away his dog-tag, his ribbons, and his combat uniform, those are memories nobody in my family want to look into.
            AKA
            USMCSierraJuan
            Sierra_6177

Defabian

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr View Post
              I'm glad he's alive. Send him our regards for his bravery and sacrifice.
              -Zephyr
              Indeed.
              (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
              (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
              (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
              Squad Leader pledge to their team:
              Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Wow, scary, Hope he's ok.

Comment

Thanks for the replies fellas. He's out of surgery with a punctured lung, but the bullet is out and there's (hopefully) no spinal damage. Still not sure exactly what happened or how it happened, but it's probably the best outcome given what we knew earlier.

Thanks again...
                  Beatnik

Comment

Man that bites. Let him know that we are all pulling for him.
                    Retired 6th DB

Comment

He's going to need a cigar and a bottle of Jack ASAP, Beatnik. When you see him, let him know that a bunch of strangers wish him the best.
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                        He's going to need a cigar and a bottle of Jack ASAP, Beatnik.
                        You got that right! Just heard back that they gave him the bullet as a souvenier, and he's the type to wear that as a necklace just as a conversation starter with the ladies. He's still in ICU but doing well considering, and his brother got to see him today, which is the first time they've seen each other over there, despite both being stationed in or around Baghdad for several months now. He flies back to Germany later today and should not have to go to Walter Reed, which is of course GREAT news.

All being said, this is the best possible outcome of what could have been a terrible situation. Today is definitely a Good Day. At least for us. :D
                        Beatnik

Comment

Thats great news. Glade to hear he's doing good.
                          |TG|Gabriel87
                          Favorite quotes and sayings:

Teacher, Tommy you got a fairy godmother.
                          Tommy, No, but we got an uncle we keep a close eye on.

*If anyone knows or has seen Markopilot please let him know that his gunner misses him and would like to talk to him agian. He knows me by Gabriel87.

Comment

Sorry to hear but glad to hear, I hope he has a quick recovery and is able to re-join his unit.

Comment

Nice to hear he's gonna be ok! Hope he recovers in time to exact some revenge and teabag that mofo :p

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X